What's new

Great Old Photographs Of The British Indian Army In Pakistan and India!

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi guys! Here are some amazing photographs for your album of the British Indian Army in Pakistan and India (Mostly Pakistan).

Enjoy!

1sab.jpg

Soldiers Home, Rawalpindi 1902

lz0e.jpg

1919. Photograph by Randolph Bezzant Holmes (1888-1973), India, North West Frontier, Indian Army Camel Corps in Miran Shah. From an album, by Neville John Gordon Cameron, 1st Bn Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders.

s9yb.jpg

British officer with his family, Mooltan, 1877.

6mxp.jpg

Football match 1903. (RACE COURSE MURREE).

z9sg.jpg

Officers of the 2nd Batallion, Worcestershire Regiment, Waziristan, British India, 1940. The vehicle is a Crossley "Indian Pattern" armoured car. These were developed in the interwar period for internal security duties in Northern India, based on a Crossley truck chassis. Substantial British and Indian Army forces were occupied in internal security in India during WW2, as the possibility of insurgency (encouraged by the proximity of Japanese forces from 1942) was a substantial concern. "Indian Pattern" armoured cars remained in service until Indian and Pakistani independence in 1947. The model here (like most others) was reconditioned in 1939; in the course of which the worn-out Crossley chassis was replaced with a Chevrolet truck chassis.

4bhq.jpg

Sikh Cavalry Officers, British India Army, attending Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee in 1873 in London, England.

fqyt.jpg

Military encampment in Razmak,1898

zcke.jpg

Indian soldiers and elephants, Multan, 1898

Continued........

v5fb.jpg

Abbottabad Cantt,1892.

lu8k.jpg

Queen Mother inspecting Indian troops Delhi,1903 during DELHI DARBAR.

r94y.jpg

No.11 Light Battery (RFA) drawn up on a parade ground in marching order with full equipment in Quetta,1930.

5th sikh in Mardan,189, after an operation in Tirah valley.

l9fh.jpg

Military hospital Nowshera, the largest and last major hospital during the AFGHAN campaign,1878.

c8d2.jpg

Railway station, Rawalpindi 1902.

v5fb.jpg

Abbottabad Cantt,1892.

lu8k.jpg

Queen Mother inspecting Indian troops Delhi,1903 during DELHI DARBAR.

r94y.jpg

No.11 Light Battery (RFA) drawn up on a parade ground in marching order with full equipment in Quetta,1930.

5th sikh in Mardan,189, after an operation in Tirah valley.

l9fh.jpg

Military hospital Nowshera, the largest and last major hospital during the AFGHAN campaign,1878.

c8d2.jpg

Railway station, Rawalpindi 1902.
Just wanted to ask any pakistani member here is the railway station still the same one as shown in the pic above?

Rare Photos Of Indian Mutiny / Sepoy Mutiny / Indian Rebellion / Uprising Of 1857

indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(34).jpg

Interior of the Secundra Bagh after the Slaughter of 2,000 Indian Mutiny Rebels by the 93rd Highlanders and 4th Punjab Regiment. First Attack of Sir Colin Campbell in November 1857, Lucknow.

indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(76).jpg

The execution of Indian Mutiny Rebels
indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(36).jpg

The 32nd Mess House. First attack of Sir Colin Campbell in November 1857, Lucknow.
indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(16).jpg

Aftermath of the Siege of Lucknow. The damaged gate of the Chhota Imambara at Lucknow
indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(38).jpg

Gateway leading into the Qaiser Bagh, Lucknow
indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(71).jpg

Bahadur Shah Zafar in 1858, just after his trial in Delhi and before his departure for exile in Rangoon
indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(70).jpg

Afghan Sikh Officers of Hodson's Horse, a cavalry regiment of the British Indian Army, during the Indian Mutiy Of 1857

The depressing fact is that only a handful of Britishers ruled over whole of India. To top that no one in the subcontinent even had the will to put up a united front militarily. The mutineers were killed by Indians aswell, to add insult to injury.

Clever tactics get you.

4th Punjab became 9th Frontier Force Regiment -Pakistan Army..

Didn't know they were involved in crushing 57 war of independence.

Any pics of WW2 on the pacific front?
I can find pictures of when they fought in North Africa, but surprisingly I've had a hard time finding shots from the war against he Japanese.

Any pics of WW2 on the pacific front?
I can find pictures of when they fought in North Africa, but surprisingly I've had a hard time finding shots from the war against he Japanese.
I'm trying to dig them out. Wish me luck!!!! :-)

North Western Railway Advertisement of 1935 -

1888639_506612396114003_1391163800_n.jpg
Does Lahore have these facilities like polo, tennis, dancing, racing, golf and so on even today? I had the opportunity of only visiting Anarkali bazaar to gorge on the world's best Kababs, as time was short!!

Back
Top Bottom