What's new

Great Old Photographs Of The British Indian Army In Pakistan and India!

993541_10152203081812873_1325059441_n.jpg

Does Lahore have these facilities like polo, tennis, dancing, racing, golf and so on even today? I had the opportunity of only visiting Anarkali bazaar to gorge on the world's best Kababs, as time was short!!

Yes it still have these facilities :)
BTW What kebabs you ate in Anarkali !!! LOL i don;t know any famous kebabs there

Yes, do take a look at the traitors dressed in British uniform. Both India and Pakistan are still proud of those soldiers, the same soldiers that slaughtered Indians fighting for their freedom.

I'm trying to dig them out. Wish me luck!!!! :-)

I'm collecting pictures, since 1 & 1/2 years now. Have already collected lot of pics from various wars ( in which Indian soldiers fought). However, posting them here is waste of time, as members here don't appreciate other person's effort & make it troll feast. :suicide:

Last edited:
I'm collecting pictures, since 1 & 1/2 years now. Have already collected lot of pics from various wars ( in which Indian soldiers fought). However, posting them here is waste of time, as members here don't appreciate other person's effort & make it troll feast. :suicide:
Naaa go ahead and post girl . some of us like me do appreciate the effort . :)

the OP should have been referring the army as British Indian Army or British Army instead of Indian army. And Should have Written Pakistan with the places of Pakistan shown in these pictures.

Some more rare photos of 1857:

indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(1).jpg

Indian soldier supporting the British during the Indian Mutiny 1857

indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(63).jpg

Kashmiri Gate was evidence of the heavy fighting between the British army and the Indian defenders.

indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(84).jpg

British soldiers on the roof of the Alumbagh

indian-sepoy-mutiny-rebellion-uprising-1857-rare-photos+(14).jpg

The Jantar Mantar observatory in Delhi, damaged in the Indian Mutiny fighting

Yes it still have these facilities :)
BTW What kebabs you ate in Anarkali !!! LOL i don;t know any famous kebabs there
At the old Anarkali Bazar which is noted for traditional food items. I think it's now known as old Anarkali Food Street?

the OP should have been referring the army as British Indian Army or British Army instead of Indian army. And Should have Written Pakistan with the places of Pakistan shown in these pictures.
Here's my opening sentence of the thread: "Hi guys! Here are some amazing photographs for your album of the British Indian Army in Pakistan and India (Mostly Pakistan)."

I don't think you read my opening post properly. It was never the Indian Army but the British Indian Army during those days!

Strange to see such stoic acceptance - the ranks are in order. The men about to be executed look normal and unrestrained. Unreal. And Horrible.
0t6j.jpg

Punjab Frontier Cavalry, D I KHAN, 1878.

imdj.jpg

The mutineers of 1857 were killed by being tied to a cannon and blasted.

Back
Top Bottom