What's new

Grand gesture: Saudi Arabia gifts 200 tons of dates to Pakistan

You're not a mod anymore:o: it means I can troll you :yahoo: damn I was scared of you when u were a mod:p:
dont recall you what was your previous username?
as far as not being a mod is concerned well . that can change .
but even if I not a mod we must be self taught and schooled enough to be well mannered after all we are giving away a little of ourselves to the world.

This 200 tonnes of dates.

Is it distributed through any governmental organisation as free to public?

Is it given to highest bidder and later goes on sale from the bidder?

Is it eaten all by politicians?

Or converted into something else?

Or is it Exchanged with another country for other capital goods or perishable/non perishable items?

200 tonnes is a big quantity. Thats why asking.

Thanks in advance for the kind replies.
all valid questions
but we got Musharraf to punish and play cricket with TTP

so your questions have to wait

690979-datess-1396540161-211-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD:
In an unprecedented move, the government of Saudi Arabia gifted 200 tonnes of dates to Pakistan on Wednesday.

According to an official release, the deputy head of mission Saudi Arabia Embassy in Islamabad Jassim Mohammad Khalid Al-Khaldi formally handed over the consignment on behalf of the Kingdom to the Cabinet Division. Senior officials of the Foreign Office were also present at the time.

Director General ERC Captain Muhammad Aftab thanked Al-Khalidi on behalf of the government for the dates and expressed gratitude for the rather grand gesture of friendship.

Last month, it was revealed that the Kingdom had lent $1.5 bn to Pakistan to share up its reserves.

Previosuly, Pakistan had sought Riyadh’s help to shore up its foreign exchange reserves and meet debt-service obligations and undertake large energy and infrastructure projects, Pakistani officials told Reuters.

Grand gesture: Saudi Arabia gifts 200 tons of dates to Pakistan – The Express Tribune
Hope this will help bring date price lower in upcoming ramzan @Yzd Khalifa @al hasani @Arabian Legend @Aeronaut

Which kind of dates would you like?

3.png
Which one is ajwa ?

Hope this will help bring date price lower in upcoming ramzan @Yzd Khalifa @al hasani @Arabian Legend @Aeronaut

Which one is ajwa ?
Third to the last column.

This 200 tonnes of dates.

Is it distributed through any governmental organisation as free to public?

Is it given to highest bidder and later goes on sale from the bidder?

Is it eaten all by politicians?

Or converted into something else?

Or is it Exchanged with another country for other capital goods or perishable/non perishable items?

200 tonnes is a big quantity. Thats why asking.

Thanks in advance for the kind replies.

You're welcome.

Here is the answer to your questions:

Grand gesture: Saudi Arabia gifts 200 tons of dates to Pakistan | Page 4

Grand gesture: Saudi Arabia gifts 200 tons of dates to Pakistan
We set out missions through the year.

I'm in your hands, let me know if you still have any questions in mind :smart:

Last edited:

Which one is ajwa ?
Amen to that
do you know the disturbing part of what goes on during Ramadan? people do hoarding and then they use that money in the name of God, you see businessmen with big beards going on umrahs and giving charity to mosques but their price hikes and hoarding kill the entire purpose of their prayers

Amen to that
do you know the disturbing part of what goes on during Ramadan? people do hoarding and then they use that money in the name of God, you see businessmen with big beards going on umrahs and giving charity to mosques but their price hikes and hoarding kill the entire purpose of their prayers
Yes I know that buying place in hell by doing this

FYI Pakistan is third largest exporter of dates.The annual production of dates in Pakistan is estimated at around 535,000 tonnes of which only 86,000 tonnes are exported and the rest are either consumed locally or perish.

It's a good will gesture, and we Pakistani appreciate that. Now anything other than usual pointless posts please.

Pakistan becomes third largest exporter of dates
At one of his shows in khabarnak on geo the host actually mentioned that how almost as u mentioned a high number of dates produced in Pakistan which are of a very good quality are used in the mix with chuwaray. And basically all the rev that we could generate goes to waste. Also for another reason that we dont have a good sorting facility put in place that could package these things for export.

I have seen too many people like Ajwa ..

whereas Sukari, Saqai are far more delicious !

A little too sweet for my taste, but great otherwise

Date milkshake? is it any good? i will have to make it at home and try it some times.

That's because Ajwa dates were favourit of our Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam), He said, “Whoever has seven Ajwa dates every morning he will not be harmed on that day by poison or magic.” [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5445) (5768) (5769) (5779)].

I have seen too many people like Ajwa ..

whereas Sukari, Saqai are far more delicious !

Back
Top Bottom