What's new

Govt to wind up CPEC authority

I genuinely wish that we develop an economy that is no longer dependent on remittances. Atleast this would shutdown your higher sense of superiority and feeling that we owe you guys something.

Yeah appoint faiz hameed as chief cause he was pro PTI and using ISI machinery tl provide benefits to khan. Then it will be your army.

Don't worry whoever comes next will keep the iron hot for khan, cause your beloved faiz career is done and dusted.

Man if only I was as pathetic as you, to be a thief and proudly so. Faiz is not done and dusted so long as the PEOPLE are not done and dusted. Watch your back.

The new government has decided to abolish the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority amid disclosure that Chinese power producers have shut down 1,980 megawatts of production capacity due to non-clearance of their Rs300 billion dues.

I don't know why everyone is so charged up. We have seen this movie before in 2013 when newly elected PML(N) government paid out PKR 480 billion to the IPPs. The trick was to pay in June 2013 so that it would be booked under the budgetary expenses of previous PPP government.

When load-shedding started last week, some journalists have already said this is another ploy to convince awam that IPPs need to be paid billions of rupees as unpaid balance. Even though there was no load-shedding last month and non of the newspapers were publishing stories about the plight of IPPs.

Abolishing CPEC authority should be discussed as a separate issue from this attempt to funnel funds to IPPs.

He is considered the same in Pak but that doesn't exactly mean he is a good PM or can lead us towards a better economy

He is obsessed with mega projects on loan money that make little sense- to his credit he pulls 12 plus hour work days

So yes can be considered a hard worker or what not but there are issues with the man
There is no perfect person for the job. CPEC is seen by Pakistanis here as Pakistan's most important economic program. You've just said Shahbaz is good for it. Ergo, he is good for the economy? At least, it has now come to light that Imran has not been able to lead CPEC to expected heights.

Btw, mega project through loan is right up CPEC ally no? Many countries use loan for infrastructure development. Key element here is the low interest rate. The contribution for growth from the infrastructure should be more than the money borrowed with interest. The celebrated Lahore Metro is also likely built through loans :cheers:

There is no perfect person for the job. CPEC is seen by Pakistanis here as Pakistan's most important economic program. You've just said Shahbaz is good for it. Ergo, he is good for the economy? At least, it has now come to light that Imran has not been able to lead CPEC to expected heights.

Btw, mega project through loan is right up CPEC ally no? Many countries use loan for infrastructure development. Key element here is the low interest rate. The contribution for growth from the infrastructure should be more than the money borrowed with interest. The celebrated Lahore Metro is also likely built through loans :cheers:
this is precisely why I fear him

this is precisely why I fear him
You don't think that a big city like Lahore deserves Metro? Almost all big cities in South Asia should have urban rail by now. You can blame Shahbaz if the project was not completed after borrowing money for it, but that is not the case.

CPEC authority was created on the recommendation of the Chinese themselves in order to bypass the bureaucratic hurdles & create a one-stop shop for investors. It's rich to see PMLN complain about CPEC authority when it was created due to their own failures & delays in getting CPEC running. We actually saw tremendous progress in CPEC especially SEZ & development of Gwadar the past 2 yrs.

It's also funny to see PMLN complaining about IPPs when they were they ones who signed all the shit deals that put a massive, unpayable circular debt on us. PTI actually reduced this debt by a lot.

He is considered the same in Pak but that doesn't exactly mean he is a good PM or can lead us towards a better economy

He is obsessed with mega projects on loan money that make little sense- to his credit he pulls 12 plus hour work days

So yes can be considered a hard worker or what not but there are issues with the man

Working 12 hrs a day is nothing to brag about. It shows that 1) he has the efficiency of a sloth, 2) Doesn't know how to (or want to) pick capable ppl who he can delegate tasks to & 3) Likes to micromanage & interfere with everything to his own preference

Last edited:
Imran khan set it up to make sure CPEC remains favorable to Pakistan and there is no fishy business

According to the article, it wasn't actually doing anything. Investors were not getting paid and progress on CPEC was 'sluggish'.

I feel bad for Imran Khan. He came in with the best of intentions, but what can one man do in a country full of lazy, incompetent people who can't do a day's worth of work for a day's worth of pay.

The only people who seem to work efficiently are the corrupt crooks.

Bro i am pro army and establishment. Whatever they did, they did it in the better interest of the state. Afterall they were the ones who brought your beloved into power
Remind me who brought Sharif and Bhuttos into power? Multiple answers below -

• Gen. Ayub Khan
  • Gen. Zia
  • America
  • Saudia

According to the article, it wasn't actually doing anything. Investors were not getting paid and progress on CPEC was 'sluggish'.

I feel bad for Imran Khan. He came in with the best of intentions, but what can one man do in a country full of lazy, incompetent people who can't do a day's worth of work for a day's worth of pay.

The only people who seem to work efficiently are the corrupt crooks.
Why could he not hire competent people? Why should people hire someone who cannot hire competent people in turn? :rolleyes1:

Why could he not hire competent people? Why should people hire someone who cannot hire competent people in turn? :rolleyes1:

Executives rarely hire directly. They have advisory panels and teams who identify candidates, vet them, and make recommendations.

People expected Imran Khan to fix 70 years of rot all by himself. That is unreasonable. He had to rely on others' advice and he got plenty of bad advice. Also, admittedly, he had a character flaw of being stubborn and refusing to acknowledge bad appointments.

Executives rarely hire directly. They have advisory panels and teams who identify candidates, vet them, and make recommendations.

People expected Imran Khan to fix 70 years of rot all by himself. That is unreasonable. He had to rely on others' advice and he got plenty of bad advice. Also, admittedly, he had a character flaw of being stubborn and refusing to acknowledge bad appointments.
Who decides who will be in those advisory panels? If you are blaming competence of the administration for CPEC stalling, then the buck should stop with the person at the top :undecided:

Who decides who will be in those advisory panels? If you are blaming competence of the administration for CPEC stalling, then the buck should stop with the person at the top :undecided:

No one disputes that he had made bad appointments and, as I mentioned earlier, he has a character flaw of becoming obstinate when critiqued. The man is not perfect, no one is, but he is miles better than anyone else out there and he has the qualities of being visionary, honest, and charismatic to galvanize the nation.

I genuinely wish that we develop an economy that is no longer dependent on remittances. Atleast this would shutdown your higher sense of superiority and feeling that we owe you guys something.

Yeah appoint faiz hameed as chief cause he was pro PTI and using ISI machinery tl provide benefits to khan. Then it will be your army.

Don't worry whoever comes next will keep the iron hot for khan, cause your beloved faiz career is done and dusted.

LOL If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Ever wondered why your wishes have never materialised? You blame everyone except yourself. When people point out your failures you become hostile and start wishing for things. This is not how things work. Don't accuse me of superiority. My parents, wife and family members all belong to Pakistan. I also have roots in Pakistan. Don't paint me as the enemy. You are not the only supposed well-wisher of Pakistan on PDF. In fact, this holier than thou attitude is the reason for your demise. Your unwillingness to acknowledge the truth is another major factor.

Do you think I have been cooking roti since I joined PDF for 12+ years? My record in support of the Pakistani army is impeccable. You cannot lay a finger on my patriotism. I got banned dozens of times by moderators who have a soft spot for the US when I was defending Pakistan and the army. I have seen many come and go over the years. You don't know who I am and what my beliefs are. When I criticise Bajwa and other higher-ups I don't criticise the entire Pakistani army. That also applies to the vast majority of older members on PDF who are criticising Bajwa and his favourite PDM gang. Get your facts corrected.

What we have seen happen in the past couple of weeks is nothing short of treason. A sitting government has been illegally replaced with thugs and crooks. When you replace something good with something better there is room for conversation. Are you telling me that PML-N, PPP and the entire gang is a good alternative as opposed to PTI? Facts and events point out that Bajwa is complicit. Every word and action by Bajwa is revealing. Don't get emotional and angry when people point out these facts.

Last edited:
1650718365852.png

Back
Top Bottom