What's new

Govt to launch $1.27bn Karachi Light Rail project

yeah even in Canada this is Light rail, we call LRT or RT for short

mind you this one is ancient, they're planning to replace it soon

20130720-RT-Photo.jpg
Even in London, The Docklands Light Railway (DLR) became operational in 1987 so despite the trains looking beautiful & clean from inside out, the overall design is bit outdated

article-2619588-1D8717B400000578-522_634x353.jpg

train0_1470043b.jpg

Haha yeah right. PPP is the most incompetent party in the country right now. If PTI or PML state they will build something I am skeptical but still willing to believe. All I can do is laugh however when PPP claims that they will build something :rofl:

BTW isn't a " Light Rail " something like this ?

METRO_Light_Rail3.jpg

Lahore is going for these type of babies

Dubai+Metro.jpg

I don't know what it's like.
If it's even one fourth of it like this, i just hope the finds gets spend on the project itself rather than on the comfort of the corrupt

Joke of the milenium. This train would be built only in Zardari's !@#$%^e. Now I really feel bad for Karachiites for getting stuck with that black dog and his charsi sidekick, Qaim Ali Shah.

Don't show me colourful route maps which are nothing more than fake dreams. As I said there is no competition between PPP and Nawaj league.

I can just laugh at your baseless arguments. I am not fan of PML-N but the way they are working is much better that corrupt PPP and they are trying to deliver because they have understand that political scenario is totally change and they will not get any vote if they failed to deliver.
But PPP is still alive because of JIYALAS like you.

People criticized the lahore Metro bus (i was also) but now they are much happy due to this project. Now they can reach from SHAHDRA to Kalma chowk just in 20 minutes before this project it was almost one and half hour. i faced this and my friends when we were in Pakistan doing job in Kalma chowk.

PPPP has destroyed the karachi and they are still doing this. Please Get a life.

yyeeeeahhhh...
Sure, even if it gets completed.
I'm sure it'll be destoryed by the transport mafia in a matter of days.

Fix(Destory) these ugly busses running on the road then we 're talking.

I think they are serious this time all thanks to N building metro train/buses in Punjab. Congrats Karachites.

Laugh all you want but Sindh and Karachi is Crying
View attachment 220604

Where will be the central station for all these lines? As far as i have seen public transport in Europe, all the subways or bus stations have a central station but in this map there seems to be no point where all the lines meet?!

Can't you spend the money on cleaning up the city first? Its looks like South Sudan.

A city as big as Karachi should have both : A proper circular railway and Metro/Light rail acting as feeder to the Rail network... Just Metros or, articulated bus will not solve the problem..

Actually what is for sure is that Lahore, Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Multan, and Faisalabad will have Mass Transit Systems before Karachi
Btw whats the tentative timeline for Faisalabad BRT?

Back
Top Bottom