What's new

Govt to ‘bury’ Imran-Pompeo talk issue

The foreign office officially contradicted the US statement, multiple times, including in the legislature - it wasn’t an anonymous source. And as I mentioned above, US SOP has always involved leaking this kind of information to domestic news outlets like the WAPO & NYT (which is then carried by Pakistani papers like Dawn & Tribune)- I haven’t seen anything from them yet.

Lets chalk down the credibility graph in respect of credible news coming from either offices. Oh wait, in last week Trump contradicted over almost 67 points let alone believing US Foreign Office on the subjected matter which could dent the remaining D.C Foreign Diplomacy credibility. Just an overview as follows..... where the shift between anonymous and credible source happens as per need/desire.

upload_2018-8-30_18-4-16.png

upload_2018-8-30_18-4-44.png

Forget about media how they changed suddenly against PTI:D
Wondering when PDF got neutral “ at least “

For those who believe that this isnt what this news source reported, then simply release the transcript to public, and end it at once.

The GOP has stated in very explicit terms that the US govt's account of the conversation is incorrect. That is more than enough. Having made its position clear, it should now talk to Pompeo to find solutions to outstanding issues.

It is ridiculous to expect the GOP to cancel the talks. The US has its army in our neighbourhood. We have to talk to them, whether we like them or not.

The foreign office officially contradicted the US statement, multiple times, including in the legislature - it wasn’t an anonymous source.
When this particular Pakistani journalist reported it, the source was anonymous and their had not yet been an official contradiction.

And as I mentioned above, US SOP has always involved leaking this kind of information to domestic news outlets like the WAPO & NYT (which is then carried by Pakistani papers like Dawn & Tribune)- I haven’t seen anything from them yet.
W. Post & NYT rarely carry news of these "transcript disputes". W. Post didn't carry this one. Only "Western" news story seems to be the Reuters one penned by the Pakistani diplomat and his Pakistani hanger-on.

I believe I've mentioned before that I had, years ago, asked one former U.S. diplomat why the State Dept. (or at least the Public Affairs Officer in the U.S. embassy in Pakistan) didn't contest the public version of such conversations as spewed by Pakistani officials. He replied that it wasn't worth the friction that would develop with Pakistani officials and as for influencing public opinion in Pakistan, Pakistani journalists frankly declared that in such cases they publish whatever they want, regardless.

Back
Top Bottom