What's new

Govt. eases citizenship rules for Pak refugees.

Many are coming from sindh and i saw two families here from last 1 year.

Govt eases citizenship rules for Pak refugees

There’s a ray of hope for thousands of Pakistani refugees who fled to India over the past few decades. The Centre has removed the main roadblock to their acquiring Indian citizenship and intends to tell the states to reach out to 12,000 eligible Pakistani nationals to complete formalities to

become Indian citizens.
According to home ministry records, these 12,000 Pakistanis — most of them Hindus — entered India on long-term visas before 2004, 75% of them
having migrated to Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra.

“The government has waived off the rule requiring them to produce a certificate from the Pakistani government to establish they have surrendered their Pakistani citizenship. This was a major hurdle since this certificate wasn’t forthcoming,” a ministry official said.

Instead, all they have to do is produce an affidavit to this effect.

The rule was changed last May but the ministry believes the states haven’t been implementing it. “We are conveying the need for district police chiefs and deputy commissioners to reach out to these people,” the official said.

“For a community that lived in miserable conditions in Pakistan, and is treated no better in India, it is a welcome step,” said Rajesh Gogna of Human Rights Defense (India), which works with migrants from Pakistan.

Govt eases citizenship rules for Pak refugees - Hindustan Times

You guys are so desperate to troll that you don't even bother reading the whole article.
Or maybe you can't read?
Either way, FAIL TROLL THREAD

Grass is greener on the other side wait till they get there lol

If you must know... they have already seen the grass on both sides... "12,000 Pakistanis — most of them Hindus — entered India on long-term visas before 2004"...

I think they like our green more than your green. ;) ... and with a hint of saffron too

Can't believe some people find this amusing, and then they post zillion reasons to escape India

Your Indian OP against forum rules took it in himself to change title. In any case over 900 million Indians are trying to leave Indian. I am laughing at you internet warriors trying to make capital of this article rather those poor souls who thought they were gonna get a better deal in India

You guys are so desperate to troll that you don't even bother reading the whole article.
Or maybe you can't read?
Either way, FAIL TROLL THREAD

still they want to settle down in India,

as they are pakistanis what do you think, how we should treat them ? ofcourse they don't enjoy the benefits of being Indian in India.

If you must know... they have already seen the grass on both sides... "12,000 Pakistanis — most of them Hindus — entered India on long-term visas before 2004"...

I think they like our green more than your green. ;) ... and with a hint of saffron too

Really you missed this bit did you:

“For a community that lived in miserable conditions in Pakistan, and is treated no better in India, it is a welcome step,” said Rajesh Gogna of Human Rights Defense (India), which works with migrants from Pakistan.

Grass is greener on the other side wait till they get there lol

I think defence.pk should introduce a IQ test before making anyone an "Elite" member. Please look up for the meaning of refuges. The article goes on to say in which state they are currently settled.

Your Indian OP against forum rules took it in himself to change title. In any case over 900 million Indians are trying to leave Indian. I am laughing at you internet warriors trying to make capital of this article rather those poor souls who thought they were gonna get a better deal in India

:lol: from where you get this figure ? Infact this are facts, I can also post more.

thats good..Peopole are entitled to choose where they want to live....there people who live in jungles,their choice.

Really you missed this bit did you:

we treat them as pakistanis , what is the big fuss ?

If India feels that these people deserve refugee status then so be it.
But it is in real bad taste for Indians here to gloat over this and even worse taste when the people are not even any better off.

But then again, we are talking about Indians on PDF.
There is no accounting for taste.

Back
Top Bottom