What's new

Govt approves construction of 7 stealth frigates, 6 nuclear-powered submarines

But the problem is reactor, did we have 150 MW reactor? 90 MW is alright for SSGN and SSBN, but not for SSN. It make too much under powered.
The one we have right now is 84 MWe, but it can be scaled up, by increasing number of fuel assemblies. This uprated version might also power ACs for which some reports appeared a while back (regarding IAC 2 being N powered).

New frigates will be bigger than 6100 tons ?? WTF are they building :o:

Once it is completed.China can forget about their game in IOR.We willhave 3CBG with high punching power on around 2035.

Exactly and follow ons of Arihant class will be bigger.

BTW there are rumors that INS Arihant has displacement of 8,000 to 9,000 tons. But source is Bharat Karnad, so may be claims could be wrong.

However, according to a PDF member, when Indian Authorities first mentioned ATV, they mentioned it is platform having displacement of 4,000 tons.

@Capt.Popeye @sancho @XiNiX

Delta IV SSBNs

525px-Submarine_Delta_IV_class.jpg

Actually we need a 12 M Dia Submarine to vertically launch our Future K series and A III derivative missiles. People say that Arihant has 10 M Dia and fit for K 15 and K4 only. It will not accomodate anything longer than that to be launched vertically. By the way how many of you saw the video of K4 launch posted by me yesterday?

Last edited:
& to add to these numbers is more P8i and long endurance UAVs added to the fleet. & with MiG 29K fleet, IN is looking a pretty scary prospect for opponents.

The one we have right now is 84 MWe, but it can be scaled up, by increasing number of fuel assemblies. This uprated version might also power ACs for which some reports appeared a while back (regarding IAC 2 being N powered).
Yes, I know bro.

But problem with SSN is that, it require highly miniaturized version of a high power reactor. And that not a easy task.

Ha ha ha !!! in one stroke MODIJI has turned around underwater capabilities, for the sake of our nation these Submarine must come on time then no one will dare to do any mischief in Indian Ocean.
@sancho any thought

This plans was already in pipeline even before Modi election .Now CCS under his leadership just passing that plans .Thats all.
Modi dont have to do anything about it.

Actually we need a 12 M Dia Submarine to vertically launch our Future K series and A III derivative missiles. People say that Arihant has 10 M Dia and fit for K 15 and K10 only. It will not accomodate anything longer than that to be launched vertically. By the way how many of you saw the video of K4 launch posted by me yesterday?

Whats K 10?

Actually we need a 12 M Dia Submarine to vertically launch our Future K series and A III derivative missiles. People say that Arihant has 10 M Dia and fit for K 15 and K10 only. It will not accomodate anything longer than that to be launched vertically. By the way how many of you saw the video of K4 launch posted by me yesterday?
12 meter diameter submarine.:o:

Whats K 10?
Alto K10. Lets go in an Alto. :P

Oh, yes I almost forget. :P

However Russia willl not give us Delta IV. (MTCR)

However they can provide consultancy and technical guidance when we start building follow on subs of Arihant class, which will be bigger, will carry bigger SLBMs and will be more complex.

Hell yeah. 6 SSNs will be a kick *** force in Indian Ocean and 7 P-17A AESA frigates along 7 Kolkata and Bangalore class AESA destroyers and 3 aircraft carrier fleets will be a force to recon with.
3 SSBN
6 SSN
14 AESA warships
3 Aircraft Carriers.

With so many of Higly Advance Subs, our Navy is going to become an A** Kicking navy in Indian oscen.

Whats K 10?

I am sorry, K4 not k 10.

What the ?! :guns::guns::guns: Thats a serious boost to our maritime capabilities!

Although I doubt that we got the industrial, manufacturing and management capabilities to conclude all the work in a decent time frame.... :rolleyes:

Okay, time for some interesting rumors: Apparently, the planning & design phase for INS Vishal or IAC-II was nearly completed by end 2013-early 2014. Infact, there were solid speculations that the final design would be submitted to the GOI roughly around the last week of January 2014.

Then suddenly, every bit of news (read rumors) goes silent, almost like a black project. That is until October, when a gentle hint of nuclear power is given.

Speculations anyone?
It could be because of sudden coziness with US and offer of EMALS.The whole design will change with addition.

Okay, time for some interesting rumors: Apparently, the planning & design phase for INS Vishal or IAC-II was nearly completed by end 2013-early 2014. Infact, there were solid speculations that the final design would be submitted to the GOI roughly around the last week of January 2014.

Then suddenly, every bit of news (read rumors) goes silent, almost like a black project. That is until October, when a gentle hint of nuclear power is given.

Speculations anyone?

IN and MOD figures out that another ski jump isn't worthwhile..There was talk of a nuke powered emals system acc....emals was already demonstrated to IN and other officials and IN officials got more interested during multiple IN/USN exercises.

The emals system was already tied into the list of pathfinder deals to be taken up under DTTI and make in India deals.

Back
Top Bottom