What's new

Government to speed up road construction to 30 km a day: Nitin Gadkari

Now when did I say immigration does not happen?It does happen albeit at a reduced pace than it will be if ILP systems were done away with.As I said,people do come here and make their fortune,and those who make it big enough stay here although they do use their ever expanding wealth back in their homes in mainland India too.Now when the unskilled mass migrants come,it threatens their culture and identity,so the locals start producing more kids.
Something like this can be observed in Assam's history.Mind you Assam is the largest in gdp terms and used to be even more prosperous back in the days when compared to her other sister states of north east.It is like the heart of north east,all trade and administration is carried out through it.So vital is Assam's position in north east that,a blockage in Assam means the other sister states being cut off almost completely from the out side world.
It did not have an ILP system and this lead to migrants of all calibres migrating to it.From mainland and other north east states as well.But as the population and population density increased,the competition for resources increased,leading to friction between different groups.One can see it very well in the rise of ULFA and various other groups in the past century which had an anti-indian stand and grew popular due to its opposition and attack on immigrants.
The natives also increased their numbers in response to migrants,This led to the population burgeoning to the extent that Assam began encroaching on other states' area,especially on the erstwhile NEFA now Arunachal Pradesh.
Being overpopulated its economy stagnated and its people grew poorer,the bangladeshi immigation then further weighed it down and now Assam is at a state where it has the one of the lowest GDP per capita of north east states.
Incidentally,other states which have followed a more isolationist policy are reaping rewards with the gdp per capita now higher than the average nationwide.These states mainly had skilled traders and entrepreneurs come in with controlled number of low skilled labour because the locals were not willing to work at the rates offered.

Quite interestingly,the most isolated state from the Indian union,the Arunachal Pradesh,neglected by everyone and with an ILP system in place is the most peaceful and patriotic state with no home-grown insurgency.The people in AP are least interested in secession,unlike their counterparts in the other sister states.What do you think makes it so?

The answer is the natives didn't feel threatened by migration.They felt confident that their culture and identity not to forget economic future faced no danger from the mainland.In a strange way,quite contrary to what a mainlander nationalist may think,giving the state and its people separation from the mainland actually help cement the bond with the union.That is a significant phenomena,when one considers that AP never was a part of India anytime in history and astonishingly is separate from the rest of north east.
ULFA is hardly 'popular'...
Assam is filled with bangladeshis...less with 'mainlanders'...and we need to kick bangaldeshis out...we all want them out.
What will you say about himachal and uttarakhand,or sikkim.Arunachal is hindu majority I think.And was not much in contact with rest of civilization until independence(expect tawang)unlike other northeast states.So its easy for them to accept the national identity .

Actually Gadkari is quite capable, he was a star minister ( same portfolio) in Sena-BJP govt of 1995 . In his tenure important pune express highway and worli bridge undertook :D .

The work started on MPE in the early 1999. SS-BJP govt gave way to Congress Govt in Oct 1999. The road opened in 2002 when Congress in power.

So, what are you talking? Worli bridge construction started in late 2000 and completed in 2009. Where was Gadkiri?

Assam is filled with bangladeshis...less with 'mainlanders'...and we need to kick bangaldeshis out...we all want them out.
What will you say about himachal and uttarakhand,or sikkim.Arunachal is hindu majority I think.And was not much in contact with rest of civilization until independence(expect tawang)unlike other northeast states.So its easy for them to accept the national identity .
I gave you an account,a summed up version,of it.ULFA was rather popular and powerful back in the days,maybe you never followed it.It had a mainly anti-India and anti-migrant rhetoric.It's decline came a lot later.A lot of insurgent movements however are only growing more powerful,notably NSCN,it is rapidly expanding.

Exactly.. But the fact is Media played a big role in branding him Super Corrupt along with Yeddyurappa & there are many big sharks roaming freely unchecked by them
Yeh Modi and Amit Saha are roaming...started distributing honesty certificate to Corrupts!

Who told you it is hindu majority?Most are tribal animists,the hindus are usually the migrants from other states although some natives also believe in it.Your comment that Arunachal is hindu and uncivilised, related to the mainland is simply your ignorance of AP.Tell that to an APian,you will get the thrashing of your life.The APians have their own identity,mostly tibeto-chinese.

--
him over incorrupt and honest yet useless and lazy ones like kejirival.
:woot::crazy_pilot::p:

Kejriwal is not lazy rather he is selfish..

Once upon a time I was Admirer of Kejriwal. I use to fight with my frnd over Kejriwal. I had decided to join #AAP and go for campaign for him... But after looking at his drama I realized this guy don't worth my service. I conclude this based on these reason.

1. He gave safe passage to Shiela Dixit , She became Guvernor of God's own country, Later I found that Kejri is Good frnd of Sandeep Dixit.
2. He left CM post and gave silly reason, He thought we (Public) are donkey and don't know the rules (The rule say , Center will have LokPal and State will have Lok-ayukt). Unless this law goes state can not have Lok-Pal. and moreover LokPal or Lok-ayukt both can work better .
3. He left CM post for his Ambition of becoming PM.
4. He wanted unstable govt in center so that there will be new election in 2016-17 and he will become PM with 50 seats.
5. He left Kumar and Shajia and spend all money on his election at Benaras.
6. He stays at 80,000 INR ($1600) rented house when his wife salary will be just 80,000 INR. Its gross fraud...

I asked my frnd about cases on Gadkari, He told me few practical thing about Indian business.
1. Businessman open fake company to evade taxes , many of them have companies registered in Singapore, In Singapore you can register a company in just 1 Dollars.
2. Goverment give subsidies and grant to company, the businessmen collect subsidies in name of fake companies and then put that money to main company.
3. 99% of Indian Business man in India use this loophole and even Govt know it.

Kejriwal is not lazy rather he is selfish..

Once upon a time I was Admirer of Kejriwal. I use to fight with my frnd over Kejriwal. I had decided to join #AAP and go for campaign for him... But after looking at his drama I realized this guy don't worth my service. I conclude this based on these reason.

1. He gave safe passage to Shiela Dixit , She became Guvernor of God's own country, Later I found that Kejri is Good frnd of Sandeep Dixit.
2. He left CM post and gave silly reason, He thought we (Public) are donkey and don't know the rules (The rule say , Center will have LokPal and State will have Lok-ayukt). Unless this law goes state can not have Lok-Pal. and moreover LokPal or Lok-ayukt both can work better .
3. He left CM post for his Ambition of becoming PM.
4. He wanted unstable govt in center so that there will be new election in 2016-17 and he will become PM with 50 seats.
5. He left Kumar and Shajia and spend all money on his election at Benaras.
6. He stays at 80,000 INR ($1600) rented house when his wife salary will be just 80,000 INR. Its gross fraud...

I asked my frnd about cases on Gadkari, He told me few practical thing about Indian business.
1. Businessman open fake company to evade taxes , many of them have companies registered in Singapore, In Singapore you can register a company in just 1 Dollars.
2. Goverment give subsidies and grant to company, the businessmen collect subsidies in name of fake companies and then put that money to main company.
3. 99% of Indian Business man in India use this loophole and even Govt know it.
--
point 1- 6 .. accepted .. sealed ..
--
gadkari
he is controversial but not mean...
he knows itsbusiness well
no one is 100 % white..
there are grey area .. only good this about himm .. his whites ( work and politics ) which may up to 70 % cover that 30 % of grey ...
he can make indian road a real game chnager for govt and comon ma

:victory: Development:victory:
Yayyyy.:yahoo:
Now Lets make 30 kms road a day and not give a single **** about the environment that we shall ruin.

:victory: Development:victory:
Yayyyy.:yahoo:
Now Lets make 30 kms road a day and not give a single **** about the environment that we shall ruin.
--
enviroment is imp
but there way to solve issue not stuck it like UPA ..
if cleread 100 trees .. plant 200 tress to compesant loss studying envir requimrmnt of that are

Gadkari is not corrupt. If he was, he wouldn't file a defamation case against kejrival. Infact kejrival went to tihar for a week for his arrogance. Anyways on topic, Gadkari is a capable man with a good administrative record. He has vision to build world class roads in India. Just wait and watch new "India shinning".

--
enviroment is imp
but there way to solve issue not stuck it like UPA ..
if cleread 100 trees .. plant 200 tress to compesant loss studying envir requimrmnt of that are
Mate, Planting new trees cannot by any measure compensate for the loss of mature trees that grew over hundreds of years along with the entire supporting ecosystem of soil, groundwater, tiny streams, insects, birds and animals - all of which came into fruition after millions of years. Not to mention roads enable habitat fragmentation which I need not explain. Increased human presence drives away the animals which makes for even more tree cutting as people now start setting up dhabas, petrol pumps, motels etc, alongside these roads and very soon the industry too jumps in.
But as I said, nobody gives a single **** about this. Neither the government, nor the people who elected them into power (and also those that didn't). The environment ministry is only concerned about 'fast-tracking' of clearances and some strange lip-service about how they will strike a 'balance' between growth and environmental 'protection'. The thing being that there can simply be no co-existence between environment and the Western model of industrialization. And now because China has followed it successfully, Indians want to beat them and for this the environment has to take a hike, as it will in the Modi era. After 10 years of his rule, India will have become another China (only environment wise).

NEW DELHI:
In a bid to fast track highway construction, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has approved over Rs 40,000 crore worth of projects and set an ambitious target of building 30 kms of roads per day.

This announcement was made by the Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Jairam Gadkari today.
Gadkari reviewed over 250 road projects worth about Rs 60,000 crore.

He said these projects were mainly stuck due to reasons such as land acquisition and environment and forest clearance issues.

These stalled projects would be up and running in the next three months. The ministry is trying to get faster clearances, said Gadkari, who also holds additional charge of ministries of shipping, rural development, panchayati raj and drinking water and sanitation.

"Right now the total road construction has gone down, it is 3 km per day. Road projects worth about Rs 60,000 crore are stuck mainly due to reasons such as land acquisition and environment and forest clearances," he said.

The Road Ministry also approved projects worth over Rs 40,000 crore to be constructed across the country in the next two-three years.

These include Rs 20,000 crore value highway projects in Jammu & Kashmir, Rs 15,000 crore road building projects in the Northeastern region, Rs 6,000 crore road network in Uttarakhand and realigning roads in Himachal Pradesh.

"We have approved projects worth Rs 20,000 crore for Jammu & Kashmir. They include 2-laning and 4-laning of National Highways in the state some roads projects in Leh and Ladakh," the Minister told reporters here.

He said these projects will be complete in the coming two-and-a-half years and will boost tourism in the state.

The Road Ministry has announced it will build projects worth Rs 15,000 crore in the country's north-eastern region comprising Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Tripura.

In Uttarakhand, which faced massive floods last year, the government has announced it will build a brand new road network.

"We will set up a new highway network in the state and will invest Rs 6,000 crore for that," he said.

The government proposes to construct one-way roads in the hilly state of Himachal Pradesh.

The Road Ministry has announced it will build projects worth Rs 15,000 crore in the country's north-eastern region comprising Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, ..

Government to speed up road construction to 30 km a day: Nitin Gadkari - Economic Times

NDA regime constructed 50% of national highways laid in last 30 years: Centre - The Times of India

1907663_428637523942568_828111753471663709_n.jpg

Nitin Gadkari to speed up stalled road projects - Economic Times
Great stuff... & Gadkari is not a novice to these kinda infrastructural project either. He has done some good job when he was a minister of Maharashtra govt under similar portfolio!

Very very ambtious- 3km a day right now to 30kms a day in 24 months- just wow if this can be done.
We have at present 20,000 plus km of highways that are 4 or 6 laned and remaining 50,000 km are 2 laned most of which is being converted to 4 and 6 lane highways.

So building 30 km a day of multilane highways a day is no big deal! There are more than 40 locations across the country that are simultaneously being constructed, so that means less than 1 km a day per location. Its doable.

Mate, Planting new trees cannot by any measure compensate for the loss of mature trees that grew over hundreds of years along with the entire supporting ecosystem of soil, groundwater, tiny streams, insects, birds and animals - all of which came into fruition after millions of years. Not to mention roads enable habitat fragmentation which I need not explain. Increased human presence drives away the animals which makes for even more tree cutting as people now start setting up dhabas, petrol pumps, motels etc, alongside these roads and very soon the industry too jumps in.
But as I said, nobody gives a single **** about this. Neither the government, nor the people who elected them into power (and also those that didn't). The environment ministry is only concerned about 'fast-tracking' of clearances and some strange lip-service about how they will strike a 'balance' between growth and environmental 'protection'. The thing being that there can simply be no co-existence between environment and the Western model of industrialization. And now because China has followed it successfully, Indians want to beat them and for this the environment has to take a hike, as it will in the Modi era. After 10 years of his rule, India will have become another China (only environment wise).
--
i accept you point..
we dont need to go for china modell.. already polluiton is high there ...same here too.
point is as you balance of GDP and GNP-green natural product...
only plating tree willl not solve problem..
even i saw planted tree near road on conrete plaform .. with full of cement..
env study to carry out to have min damage to the enviroment...
road are now adys life line of county.. so the trees are too..
so need to have win win forumula..
exa. we have many railline goes through national parrls //biospher ...which benefited remot place people and industry
but same time many animal like elephant died due to accident with same..
so evetying has cost . either human need/ animal or growth... we need balnce

Back
Top Bottom