What's new

Government game, players not thrilled about Pakistan tour

Bang Galore

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Government game, players not thrilled about Pakistan tour

The government of India may be trying to revive diplomacy with Pakistan via cricket. However, the men who matter the most on the field seem to be averse to touring Pakistan for a cricket series. Yuvraj Singh, the World Cup’s player of the tournament, when asked about the decision, said: “I don’t kno w. It’s not my call. Whatever is decided, you have to go by it. My job is to play.” He was speaking after the Pune-Kochi game on Wednesday night.

Not many India cricketers are willing to open up, even on condition of anonymity, but when some of the members of the World Cup-winning squad do, they come up with similar sentiments when it comes to playing with Pakistan.

"Why should we go there and play?" said an India cricketer. "It just doesn’t make any sense. Even if the tightest possible security is allotted, there is no need to play cricket in Pakistan at this moment."

"If they could not protect Benazir Bhutto and the Lankan team, what is the guarantee we’ll be safe?,” another asked.
A younger team-member said that with such high pressure, it would be "next to impossible" for a cricketer to concentrate on the game. "If politics is going to be played around cricket, then how can cricket remain just cricket?"

Even the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), for once, seems to be on the same page as the players.

Secretary N Srinivasan said he had read the government’s position “only in the newspapers” while a BCCI insider,preferring anonymity, said the idea was "laughable". He said: “We are sure not many players would be willing to travel to Pakistan under the prevailing circumstances.”

The Indian government had indicated on Wednesday that it was open to re-establishing cricketing ties with Pakistan, following a similar statement by their prime minister

Government game, players not thrilled about Pak tour - Hindustan Times

[

A younger team-member said that with such high pressure, it would be "next to impossible" for a cricketer to concentrate on the game. "If politics is going to be played around cricket, then how can cricket remain just cricket?"

Oh really? He should be used to it since all india and the ICC does is bring politics into sports. What a joke.

Anyways, stay in india, no ones going to kill themselves just because india doesn't want to play Pakistan :disagree: . I rather watch Pakistan play Sri Lanka, Australia, South Africa, England, etc

Well, pakistani team can play in india though, i dont think pak players will object.

india must not come to pakistan, BCCI must declare that they are not going to pakistan ever again

fogrot sake one thread of 'coming to pakistan' and im sick of billion threads about literal whining, even they changed the coming thread into whining thread??

a cricket tour is just a cricket tour, its not a presidential tour

indians so are like sissies and whiners, why they whine a lot, please dont whine we dont have time to read your whining posts, thank you

No cricket tour should be held in Pakistan until the security issues are resolved. Till then India and Pakistan can conduct a series at a neutral venue

then they came for semifinal and why they are dieing to play in IPL ???

nobody is dieing to play on stupid ipl, afridi never said that, its your stupid indian websites that reported it

and we came for semis because your govt gave state level security, also because we cant jst simply put down the semis after reaching it

No cricket tour should be held in Pakistan until the security issues are resolved. Till then India and Pakistan can conduct a series at a neutral venue

if u dont want to play then dont play no body is putting a gun into your mouth and forcing you to play

plzz dont whine repeatedly abt our security

if u dont want to play then dont play no body is putting a gun into your mouth and forcing you to play

plzz dont whine repeatedly abt our security

who says we don't want to play. we definitely want to play . But security issues should be handled first and every team will come to Pakistan.Till then both boards can arrange to play at a neutral venue.

india must not come to pakistan, BCCI must declare that they are not going to pakistan ever again

fogrot sake one thread of 'coming to pakistan' and im sick of billion threads about literal whining, even they changed the coming thread into whining thread??

a cricket tour is just a cricket tour, its not a presidential tour

indians so are like sissies and whiners, why they whine a lot, please dont whine we dont have time to read your whining posts, thank you

Oh boy, that was some whine...:lol:

who says we don't want to play. we definitely want to play . But security issues should be handled first and every team will come to Pakistan.Till then both boards can arrange to play at a neutral venue.

i don't think india need to play with pakistan , we has been not playing with them since last 2-3 years and cricket is peacefull and enjoying , the moment pakistan comes into picture we see lot of bad mouth as we has seen before/after the samifinal....

indian team has been moving well and playing good cricket on ground , i don't think we need to go back to the era of playing it on media & press by throwing comments & statements...

please no whine ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

i don't think india need to play with pakistan , we has been not playing with them since last 2-3 years and cricket is peacefull and enjoying , the moment pakistan comes into picture we see lot of bad mouth as we has seen before/after the samifinal..

more whine :lol::lol:

u ppl just cant resist whinin and crying, indians should be officially labelled as whining party of pdf, yes we ddnt play with you since 2-3 yrs, and we dont want with more 15 yrs, god bless bjp, another 15 yrs, so no pak india cricket in 30 yrs, now please dont whine within 30 yrs

Back
Top Bottom