What's new

Got threats in domestic cricket as well - Haider

Gentle Typhoon

Reaction score
Got threats in domestic cricket as well - Haider

Haider said he had been told to include particular players in his team. "Yes I have got threats that I should play so and so player, or not play that player,'' he said.

Haider's comments have put the spotlight on a match between Lahore Eagles and National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) during the Royal Bank of Scotland Cup in 2008-09. Haider was removed as Lahore's captain ahead of that match, which NBP needed to win convincingly to improve their net run-rate and qualify for the semi-final.

56564750.png

Group D: Lahore Eagles v National Bank of Pakistan at Lahore, Mar 28, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

They chased down 123 runs in 6.1 overs at a run rate of 19.94 an over :cheesy:

Above match has match fixing written all over it. There is no way in the world that the PCB can claim that there was nothing untoward in that match. Its a ridiculous scoreline.

Seems to me he had valid reasons to act as he did. The whole structure needs pulling down as things stand they're nothing more than a farce.

More drama.

lolzz he is not an outstanding player

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

More drama.

Jana bibi see scorecard, it took just '37' balls to chase down 123 runs, if you have seen recently concluded Hong Kong Super Sixes Tournament, Target close to 125 was considered TOUGH in alloted 6 overs (8 ball over/Final, 48 ball match), and everyone knows HK 6s was fun tournament, tiny stadiums, crappy bowling lie-up, only 5 fielders. Whereas above match has much higher competitive level, 11 fielders, 75meter plus boundary.

New guy was made captain even though the regular captain Zulqarnain Haider was present in the team and played the game.

Captain of team and Wicket Keeper are most crucial in match fixing, Nayan Mongia (Indian WK), Azhar (Captain), Saleem/Wasim (Captain), Moin (WK), Hansie (Captain).

One drop catch can change course of match. Kamran Akmal is alleged match fixer also.

Guy alone fought for his team, Scored 89 on debut against England, He played only 3 ODIs, that too allegedly under bookie's mounting pressure, its too early to judge him.

Last edited:
I heard that Imran Khan commented on this... He thinks it is all drama. Zulqarnain PCB ke aur badnaami kar raha hai...

Above match has match fixing written all over it. There is no way in the world that the PCB can claim that there was nothing untoward in that match. Its a ridiculous scoreline.

lol, just a drama

and whats the point of match fixing in a domestic match??

they are not qualifying for the world cup here:lol:

lol, why

and even if it is a match fix fixing then only Pakistan's Internal matter isnt it??:what:

You can bet on many weird things in world, I heard in some part of world people bet on gender of dead people inside coffin.

Haider should have contacted PCB rather than running away,because of his naive and mistimed desicion iam afraid he has'nt found many supporters,this incident has just tightened the noose around PCB's head

lol, just a drama

they are not qualifying for the world cup here:lol:

bwahahahahhah as if it was big money machine like IPL lolzzz

domestic cricket here is not even watched by my cat.

You must be familiar to 'sifarshi' system, selectors get pressurized by higher ups, sometimes they select their own Damaad (Imraan Farhat), Money is not always factor.

but out of 12 hardly one is damaad of a bigwig.

and its unlikely that life threats come out of this notion.

He is just a a$$hole.Drame Bazz sala.

Mulk ki b badnami kar raha apni nationality aur paise keh liye

bwahahahahhah as if it was big money machine like IPL lolzzz

domestic cricket here is not even watched by my cat.

Forget money, Bookies want to keep their guy @ top (In this case, it seems Salman Butt), Domestic records does matter, you get place in national squad.

Back
Top Bottom