What's new

Got threats in domestic cricket as well - Haider

He just wants England Passport thats all once he is reject come back home and Pakistani chappal is waiting for you for you actions

Scardy cat

I got threatened by the Wagon walla after "HE" bumped into my car on Murree Road a few days back, can i claim aslyum too? ...

Is it just a co- incidence that all most all of the "tainted" players can be seen on that score card??? Salman Butt, Amir, Kamran Akmal, Zulqarnain Haider and Wahab Riaz - all of 'em are present in that ridiculous score card!!!

Any sane person who follows cricekt closely would know that this sort of a thing is quite abnormal!

Cricketer on the run

PAKISTAN wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider’s abrupt run from the national team is the latest in the sorry tale of cricket in this country. Early on Monday, the wicketkeeper slipped out of the Dubai hotel the national team was staying in for a series against South Africa and fled to London. He has sought protection there. The cricketer alleged that he was asked to under-perform and had received threats from an unknown source. His brief stint has been replete with mystery. A couple of months ago, he was sent home post-haste after a gutsy showing against England in a Test. The stated reason was that the cricketer had an injury; he maintained the injury was not serious enough to have prevented him from playing in the next Test. The episode reflected that, like so many others before him, the young man did not actually receive from the team the kind of reception a newcomer is entitled to. For the umpteenth time the incompetence of the Pakistan Cricket Board has been exposed.

The circumstances of Zulqarnain Haider’s ‘escape’ strengthen the case for remedial action. Gen Tauqir Zia, a former PCB chairman, thinks the wicketkeeper may not have been the only member of the team approached by the fixers. There may be others who have chosen to remain silent, out of fear or due to some other reason. The incident, unfortunate as it is for the man and his country, offers another opportunity to Pakistan to take the lid off the gambling brew that has taken the glorious game hostage. A defensive position will not help. It is time to stand tall and address the problem. The PCB under chairman Ijaz Butt has hardly appeared inclined to do so and has no credibility. It must give way to a set-up which is capable of reform.

Cricketer on the run | DAWN.COM

In domestic cricket as well? Someone doesn't want him in the team. Why i get this feeling that PCB or someone inside the team is involved to make way for Adnan Akmal?

http://www.pakwatan.com/sports_detail.php?id=195

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom