What's new

Got more love and affection in India than Pakistan: Shahid Afridi

Arre retire hone ke baad IPL me commentary bhi toh karni hai isne :lol:

afridi-0903getty-750.jpg

His personality is so Cool :p: I Used to Bowl like him when I was a Kid .

True he is no more the player as he was long back but if we rewind ourselves to pre T20 arena, the ODI actually showed glimpses of Explosive Cricket post 1996 world Cup where Sanath Jayasuriya and Romesh Kaluwitharana (excuse me if there is a spelling mistake) showed how to score maximum in first 15 overs playing attacking cricket. In came during that time a young man who stunned the world with a 37 ball century. Sadly, that type of innings could not be repeated again. Even if you see his classic 141 against Indiaa in Chennai 1999, it was magic.

Sadly, Boom Boom Afridi is not very consistent and bcz of that his stats dipped.. He was in a league of his own.. At one time i thought Subcontinent had 3 very destructive openers - Sanath Jayasuriya, Virender Sehwag and Shahid Afridi.

Another player who due to a personal crisis stopped playing was Saeed Anwar. At one time, he along with Sachin were unstoppable.. Anwar role till today could not be replicated by any other opener.

Afridi brief stats
upload_2016-3-13_23-57-50.png

upload_2016-3-13_23-58-34.png

Shahid Afridi | Pakistan Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

If you see recent matches in fen and March 2016, in all 10 matches of T20, he picked up 9 wickets inclusive of one 5 wicket haul, but if i remove it the rest 4 wickets dont justify a very strong case for him in the squad as an all rounder, primarily bcz he is not a miser baller whose spell is used as containment against flow of runs. Also he scored 56 runs in 6 innings with 38 in one inning and rest not being significant contribution...

This is where he is becoming a burden..

Now look at his test career
upload_2016-3-14_0-3-28.png

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

upload_2016-3-14_0-5-51.png

upload_2016-3-14_0-7-33.png
upload_2016-3-14_0-9-7.png

upload_2016-3-14_0-10-4.png

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

This is his T20 career
upload_2016-3-14_0-12-7.png

Batting records | Twenty20 Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

From 2014 onwards in 2014,2015,2016 his contribution above 20 rs is as follows

2014 - 20*,22,28 - 3 scores in 7 matches, 1 DNB
2015 - 45,24,29 - 3 scores in 10 matches
2016 - 23 - 1 score in 7 matches , 2 DNB

So 7 20+ scores in 24 matches with 3 DNB from 2014-2016 present day
This is where its hurting pakistan

A good question to wonder is - Afridi in either of 6,7,8 position - Is he batting too much lower.. Perhaps 5,6 position suits him better as that may give him 15-20 balls to play and he can get 10 good hits of 6s and 4s with that many balls.

Hope T20 WC sees him in good form

@WAJsal @anant_s

I had this feeling that some Indian nationalists in media will take his few words out of context to satisfy their insecure souls ..Your media is desperate for spicy news:D

[video]
[/video]

Sorry Afridi, no IPL contract is on the offer.
Then you guys mind when we call you baniya as you cannot think beyond money :D
IPL ko loo apne pishware main :P

Moumta DIDI is also showering Mamta on Pakistani Team lead by Afridi. :lol:

Sorry Afridi, no IPL contract is on the offer.

Moumta DIDI is also showering Mamta on Pakistani Team lead by Afridi. :lol:

@WAJsal @waz please move this thread to Sports section.
Sorry but very unfortunate remarks by both of you.

Irrespective what your perceptions are, the world of cricket and the camaraderie shard across the borders of India and Pakistan have been always in the spirit of sportsmanship and brotherhood irrespective of some comments by idiots in the past.
Take one of the most aggressive captains of India, Sourav Ganguly for example, on the field he never gave an inch, but had extremely cordial relations with Wasim, Waqar , and Inzzamam ul haq, so did Ajay jadega with Moin khan and Razzak. Every time Indian team has ever visited Pakistan, it has been received with utmost respect and hospitality, and I would go further to say more than any other team has ever in Pakistan. When Shahid Afridi says Chote Dil wale, he should be criticized on his narrative, when he says what's on the title, his views should be welcomed and thanked.

Please don't be petty. Humble request.

regards.

I had this feeling that some Indian nationalists in media will take his few words out of context to satisfy their insecure souls ..Your media is desperate for spicy news:D

[video]
[/video]

Actually Indian media is right. He has said that he gets more love in India than in Pakistan. And now our media is bashing him. one anchor send "lanat tum par" on live TV on these remarks. :lol:

Actually Indian media is right. He has said that he gets more love in India than in Pakistan. And now our media is bashing him. one anchor send "lanat tum par" on live TV on these remarks. :lol:
our artists, singers, cricketers definitely get more protocol in India because Indian population is huge and is mad about cricketers,singers, actors and awaam in celebrity ko devta tak bana dete hain..huge crowd and media follow them wherever they go. I dont think we should be such sensitive and jingoist to take his words offensively because afridi is a guy who say things before thinking ..say first and think later type of guy..dont you know how his previous statement was taken by Indian media and awaam :P

[video]
[/video]

Given his performance im pretty sure even the indian fans will think twice. lol

Back
Top Bottom