What's new

Golden dawn vows to put a Greek flag on disputed Kardak islets

Type 052D

Reaction score
Greece's far-right Golden Dawn party has threatened to plant a Greek flag on islets that brought the country to the brink of armed conflict with Turkey 14 years ago.
attachment.php

Ilias Panayotaros, a prominent Golden Dawn deputy, urged Greek politicians to immediately act regarding the Kardak islets (Imia in Greek), in the 17th year since the incident. "Either you go and plant a Greek flag on Imia, or we'll do it instead. We will see if the Greek coast guard will prevent Greek citizens who want to go to the island," said Panayotaros.

Meanwhile Golden Dawn leader Nikolas Michaliolakos said the day Turkish commandos put a Turkish flag on the islets, on Jan. 30, 1997, was a shame for all Greek people. Golden Dawn's members have also organized a protest event for the Kardak islets on Feb. 2.

February/03/2013

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/gol...&NewsCatID=351

Meh... Turkey has an Superior navy. 23 Perry Oliver Frigates and 10 German made MEKO frigates. Future projects like Milgem (TN's LCS), T-2000 class AD/AAD ship and naval SOM cruise missles would make rivals in the eastern Med think twice about threatening Turkey's maritime EEZ.

Greece's far-right Golden Dawn party has threatened to plant a Greek flag on islets that brought the country to the brink of armed conflict with Turkey 14 years ago.
attachment.php

Ilias Panayotaros, a prominent Golden Dawn deputy, urged Greek politicians to immediately act regarding the Kardak islets (Imia in Greek), in the 17th year since the incident. "Either you go and plant a Greek flag on Imia, or we'll do it instead. We will see if the Greek coast guard will prevent Greek citizens who want to go to the island," said Panayotaros.

Meanwhile Golden Dawn leader Nikolas Michaliolakos said the day Turkish commandos put a Turkish flag on the islets, on Jan. 30, 1997, was a shame for all Greek people. Golden Dawn's members have also organized a protest event for the Kardak islets on Feb. 2.

February/03/2013

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/gol...&NewsCatID=351

Remember They tried to put own flag on mentioned islands years ago and suddenly Their navy ships became blind, One Greek helicopter took off from frigate downed into the deep of Aegean. While They were busy to find WTF the problems of their electronic systems are, Turkish commandoes captured the second island. They didn't even realize What Turkish army was doing Until USA immediately warn Greek PM to set their troops back cause of Turkey's Electronic Attack and secret operation Greeks don't aware.

Current Turkish Navy is far more advanced than 1996 and have impressive technology to develop various type of eletronic attack systems (Airborne Jammer, Land Based, Ship based systems) which is able to attack the eletronic targets with a range from more than 150km thanks to Aselsan developed new phased array antennes...

Current Turkish Navy is far more advanced than 1996 and have impressive technology to develop various type of eletronic attack systems (Airborne Jammer, Land Based, Ship based systems) which is able to attack the eletronic targets with a range from more than 150km thanks to Aselsan developed new phased array antennes...

Doesn't really matter since most probably, this is what these retards would use:

namazgah%20deresi%20deniz%20bisikleti%201.jpg

Greeks will never learn about their mistakes. :coffee:

They are always try to play with the wrong Big Daddy.

in 1996 it was very close but we've evaded a possible war. One of the Turkish frigates actually gave permisison to the Greek AB212 in distress, for landing. Even their own frigates didn't enlighten their decks to evade detection.

This time either they get humiliated worse than the last time or it gets bloody.

Greece has Long range SAM sites like S-300UP and Mirage-2000 armed with scalp CM. How can Turkey tackle that in the future.

i was about to sleep just before look at that news..now i cant sleep from fear of that Greeks till morning...i think most of our people like me have sleepless. :)

Greece has Long range SAM sites like S-300UP and Mirage-2000 armed with scalp CM. How can Turkey tackle that in the future.
Well, as Cabatli_53 said we have lots of AGM-88 HARMs and IAI Harpies to suppress Greek SAMs but they are still obstacles.They also have Tor M1s, pretty advanced stuff. It's about the only area where Greece has an upper hand.

We have more aircraft than them and we have more cruise missiles(SLAM-ER, SOM)

hey chinois nice try buddy, all NATO nations military command are very integrated as far as communication between countries goes. This party represent a far right fringe group, who will never really govern greece. while the government may sometimes have a problem, the militaries of greece continually participates with Turkie in usual NATO exercises with no hassle as far as objectives of exercises go. This is atleast what I observed however now things between greece and turkie could be different since I am out for so long. Based on news I thought greece and Turkie relations improved since the cold war and I am sure further NATO integration could prevent these problems. A while ago canada and i believe belgium had a row about something stupid too, can't remember what it was.

in 1996 it was very close but we've evaded a possible war. One of the Turkish frigates actually gave permisison to the Greek AB212 in distress, for landing. Even their own frigates didn't enlighten their decks to evade detection.

This time either they get humiliated worse than the last time or it gets bloody.

Before you people go on a nationalistic rampage again, it would be wise to dig further. All Turkish ships involved in or around the area had been targeted and locked on double time(!!) by navy and airforce alike.

Navy commanders were begging the Prime minister to allow them to open fire. Correspondence with the U.S.A embassy proved that that was the case. If he had given the OK, you would have been witness to a very big surprise.

Sometimes it is funny watching how one sided you got the things. Also you may want to investigate why every single one of the SF soldiers who got on the islets died.

Before you people go on a nationalistic rampage again, it would be wise to dig further. All Turkish ships involved in or around the area had been targeted and locked on double time(!!) by navy and airforce alike.

Navy commanders were begging the Prime minister to allow them to open fire. Correspondence with the U.S.A embassy proved that that was the case. If he had given the OK, you would have been witness to a very big surprise.

Sometimes it is funny watching how one sided you got the things. Also you may want to investigate why every single one of the SF soldiers who got on the islets died.

What do you think would have happened, if Greeks had opened fire at Turkish ships? Do you really think Greece would win that war against Turkiye? How do you think US would react to such a move especially after Richard Holbrooke openly declared that "The first one who opens fire will get into serious trouble with USA".

Simitis, interestingly, acted very wise by not allowing your stupid generals to open fire.

Why are you guys even locking on to begin with, we are all NATO countries, you can't fire on another fellow country, what the hell is going on there???

LOL , this is too funny ,not because of my personal bias or anything ,but for obvious reasons. Greece is in severe economic crisis and frankly , it is almost totally responsible for Euro Crisis which is affecting many countries who I bet are pretty pissed at Greece. The austerity measures that Greece has introduced have crippled economic activity in the country and almost 40% of the youth are unemployed. I would highly suggest the Greeks to wait a few more years before going to war . If they go now, they will **** up bigtime.

Back
Top Bottom