What's new

Going back to the UK!

I was lucky to catch my flight... thanks

I had to get away from freshies and this ^ typical **** mentality haha

But on a serious note I agree that Islamabad is the most suitable place to be for expats.
idher he reh, hum apna mard march nikalain gy islamabad sy!:rofl:

Mardon ko harass karna band karo!

Last edited by a moderator:
are there any people interested in trekking k2 basecamp or general trekking in himalayas. i really want to go ..

How can I help you? What exactly are you looking for?

oh how i love you ..
yes being in a minority sucks . i moved to europe (uk) a decade ago and it still doesnt register to me.. life is charmless as many of you said. i am glad you guys shared this feeling. if you dont drink or dance, you are fuc$$$.
eveyrthing is over regulated (robotic). worse is when english say its a free country haha
i have , ii am and i will find things to do after work, forever. worse is that when you have to pray and there isnt anywhere you can do it ..
pakistanis are warm at heart unlike european counter parts . the love they have , is not to be found anywhere.

I've always said, we expats are dhobi ke kuttay. Na ghar ke na ghat ke. I assure you, there are quite a few of us out there.

It never feels like home, just a very long horrible business trip. At least to me it does.

pray and there isnt anywhere you can do it ..

Don't ever hear the azzan. Never knew how big a part of my life it was.

I can understand why are you leaving. Corrupt political and social system in pakistan is too disappointing for any one who is honest.
I wish you a very good luck for the future and may you have a good life ahead of you.

One can ignore it all except for the social decay in the country. For all the blame and mud flung every which where by regular Pakistanis it is the average civilian who is the most toxic, the most exploitative, the most corrupt and the actual reason behind the destruction of the Pakistani socio-economic fabric. You need to only drive on Pakistani roads for 10 mins to realize the social degeneracy rampant in the country.

Obviously, the engineered lack of any vocational opportunities for, usually, the most qualified is a pretty big factor as well.

Last edited:
How can I help you? What exactly are you looking for?

I've always said, we expats are dhobi ke kuttay. Na ghar ke na ghat ke. I assure you, there are quite a few of us out there.

It never feels like home, just a very long horrible business trip. At least to me it does.

Don't ever hear the azzan. Never knew how big a part of my life it was.

One can ignore it all except for the social decay in the country. For all the blame and mud flung every which where by regular Pakistanis it is the average civilian who is the most toxic, the most exploitative, the most corrupt and the actual reason behind the destruction of the Pakistani socio-economic fabric. You need to only drive on Pakistani roads for 10 mins to realize the social degeneracy rampant in the country.

Obviously, the engineered lack of any vocational opportunities for, usually, the most qualified is a pretty big factor as well.
you cant help me :).. just wondered if anyone is up for some trekking in north pakistan. we can form a group .. i know people who can arrange it for us.
hahaha long business trip lol... nice way to see it ..
expats are citizens of the world. see it like this .. its in our genes not to stick anywhere. i think its good. else no one would know each other.
azan - ah! it has enormous effect on us as a person. life without azan is bit dull / void

you cant help me :).. just wondered if anyone is up for some trekking in north pakistan. we can form a group .. i know people who can arrange it for us.

Ah ok. Thought you needed some help or guidance in arranging a trek to K2's base camp. If you ever do, let me know. I'm PDF's friendly guide on everything that is Northern Pakistan.

expats are citizens of the world. see it like this .. its in our genes not to stick anywhere. i think its good. else no one would know each other.

My genes were perfectly fine with rotting in my own matti, tbh. Ironic how the millions who'd run abroad the first chance they get can't, and I sit here complaining like a sour puss.

Last edited:
اسلام عليكم ورحمته الله و بركته

So people I’v left Pakistan and I’m now returning to the UK after 4 eventful years. It was a rollercoaster of a ride but in the end this chapter of my life has came to a close. However I leave with some great and bittersweet memories :) , for someone born in the UK and having lived there for 30yrs...it came as a shock to see how life is in Pakistan.

The most frustrating part for me was the legal system where anyone can do anything - ‘stays, hakshufa etc’ and then cases rumble on for more than 30yrs!

Then there’s getting things done - buying and selling properties, basic administrative things at tehseel level and dealing with patwaris and tehseeldeer is enraging for someone who is used to a fair and efficient system. In the end I feel the only way to improve this situation is that something drastic needs to be done. Punish these tehseeldaars and patwaris... Flog these ba$tards in the city chowk .... there’s no other way... the rot has set in way too deep. The awaam is at their mercy and even remedy’s such as the police, MNA’s, MPA’s, Overseas support office and complaint portal are a joke.

I foresee difficult times ahead for Pakistan especially under this PTI govt and the current economic situation. I hope I am proved wrong but I doubt it

Even after all this I leave with my heart filled with love for Pakistan and the good people who I met... because life is really just a journey. I will remember all these moments fondly ان شاء الله

I can tell my grandchildren that I was there when Nawaz Sharif was jailed, the PTI dharna years, the beginning of PTI nalaik govt and when Pak Air Force made us proud and whipped India’s ***.

I plan to return in a few years time
ان شاء الله to open a school whereby I can contribute something to our country.

May Allah ta’ala bless you all and always safeguard Pakistan... kyunke agar Pakistan hai toh hum hain.

Love and Peace to all. See you on the other side

@Reddington
@The SC
@Dubious
@newbie
@DeadSparrow
@newb3e
@nahtanbob
@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan
@ghazi52
@Yaseen1
@blueazure

View attachment 568351

Vacations over Mr. Khan?

I also complain a lot. And tbh, I was frustrated by everyday strikes , road blocks etc. My energy was being wasted by such things. So good that I got out. But nobody told me how horrible weather and English are. If only I would knew , I would be prepared.

Gotta be grateful

Have you been to k2 basecamp.yourself ?

Ah ok. Thought you needed some help or guidance in arranging a trek to K2's base camp. If you ever do, let me know. I'm PDF's friendly guide on everything that is Northern Pakistan.

My genes were perfectly fine with rotting in my own matti, tbh. Ironic how the millions who'd run abroad the first chance they get can't, and I sit here complaining like a sour puss.

Its been 8 months I have moved from Saudi Arabia to Lahore. Believe me when I say this, every day of that 8 months has been a struggle. I dont know about Europe and America but life was peaceful and calm in Saudi. Lahore is chaotic.

Its been 8 months I have moved from Saudi Arabia to Lahore. Believe me when I say this, every day of that 8 months has been a struggle. I dont know about Europe and America but life was peaceful and calm in Saudi. Lahore is chaotic.

Isn't life itself supposed to be a struggle? Pakistan obviously scores higher in this category for this reason.

Pakistan is a different way of life to most countries but you’l get the hang of it ان شاء الله

Lahore is a vibrant city with lots to do and eat :)

Vacations over Mr. Khan?

I came to find you oh wise one.. and be in your presence haha

Life is calm when you are away from family rolla. Punjabis are more rolla :)

Back
Top Bottom