What's new

Going back to the UK!

Wa Muhammada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
اسلام عليكم ورحمته الله و بركته

So people I’v left Pakistan and I’m now returning to the UK after 4 eventful years. It was a rollercoaster of a ride but in the end this chapter of my life has came to a close. However I leave with some great and bittersweet memories :) , for someone born in the UK and having lived there for 30yrs...it came as a shock to see how life is in Pakistan.

The most frustrating part for me was the legal system where anyone can do anything - ‘stays, hakshufa etc’ and then cases rumble on for more than 30yrs!

Then there’s getting things done - buying and selling properties, basic administrative things at tehseel level and dealing with patwaris and tehseeldeer is enraging for someone who is used to a fair and efficient system. In the end I feel the only way to improve this situation is that something drastic needs to be done. Punish these tehseeldaars and patwaris... Flog these ba$tards in the city chowk .... there’s no other way... the rot has set in way too deep. The awaam is at their mercy and even remedy’s such as the police, MNA’s, MPA’s, Overseas support office and complaint portal are a joke.

I foresee difficult times ahead for Pakistan especially under this PTI govt and the current economic situation. I hope I am proved wrong but I doubt it

Even after all this I leave with my heart filled with love for Pakistan and the good people who I met... because life is really just a journey. I will remember all these moments fondly ان شاء الله

I can tell my grandchildren that I was there when Nawaz Sharif was jailed, the PTI dharna years, the beginning of PTI nalaik govt and when Pak Air Force made us proud and whipped India’s ***.

I plan to return in a few years time
ان شاء الله to open a school whereby I can contribute something to our country.

May Allah ta’ala bless you all and always safeguard Pakistan... kyunke agar Pakistan hai toh hum hain.

Love and Peace to all. See you on the other side

@Reddington
@The SC
@Dubious
@newbie
@DeadSparrow
@newb3e
@nahtanbob
@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan
@ghazi52
@Yaseen1
@blueazure

F22BEB89-2DD7-4781-A06E-F22E7F7CD242.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome back. Its so sad that you have to come back. InshaAllah one day I hope to make the trip the other way.

If you don't mind, what made you decide to come back to the UK?

I can understand why are you leaving. Corrupt political and social system in pakistan is too disappointing for any one who is honest.
I wish you a very good luck for the future and may you have a good life ahead of you.

Welcome back. Its so sad that you have to come back. InshaAllah one day I hope to make the trip the other way.

If you don't mind, what made you decide to come back to the UK?

My father brought us to Pakistan in 86 when we were children and we lived in Pakistan for 3yrs and it was a life changing experience.... since then we have been quite attached to Pakistan. So in 2015 I decided to bring my children to Pakistan because I wanted them to experience a different way of life and I wanted my son to do hifz e Quran and الحمدلله I feel both are done. My father endorsed my decision... my khandaan felt it was a crazy idea but I feel it will give my children an edge and الحمدلله it has worked out well. Now my brother is bringing his children to Pakistan for a few years too so now it’s his turn to rumble in the jungle :)

If my brother was not coming then I would stayed in Pakistan permanently but shifted base to Islamabad

very proud of you brother. you chose path for jannnah rather than path of dunya/hell. im inspired from you nd I had this plan from years and inshallah soon I will get marry and will follow same path. again very proud of you and may Allah keep me, my family, you and your kids @ siratul-mustakeem. amen:smitten::pakistan::usflag:

My father brought us to Pakistan in 86 when we were children and we lived in Pakistan for 3yrs and it was a life changing experience.... since then we have been quite attached to Pakistan. So in 2015 I decided to bring my children to Pakistan because I wanted them to experience a different way of life and I wanted my son to do hifz e Quran and الحمدلله I feel both are done. My father endorsed my decision... my khandaan felt it was a crazy idea but I feel it will give my children an edge and الحمدلله it has worked out well. Now my brother is bringing his children to Pakistan for a few years too so now it’s his turn to rumble in the jungle :)

If my brother was not coming then I would stayed in Pakistan permanently but shifted base to Islamabad

Chalo at least everything is OK. Its a hard decision to make an I applaud you for taking your kids To Pakistan in the first place. My fear is that I rob my kids of the opportunity and security I had, just because I have the luxury to go back and live a decent life.

Where abouts do you live in Pakistan? I myself feel if I ever moved home it would be to Islamabad. I don't think the village life is for me.

How do your kids feel?

I understand its difficult to adjust in Pakistan after spending most of your time in UK and others western developed countries. Western countries have their pro and cons and living in Pakistan has its ups and downs and no country is perfect in absolute sense. Life is smooth and peaceful in UK which is often boring and seem like robotic life style with not much social life at all . Pakistan has got poor governance and there are ills like corruption, bribery and incompetence at every level. There is no proper civil, social or legal system at place and people with money and power act like goons and those who are weaker and poor struggle to survive there. There are hardships in Pakistan but still people are resilient and have smile on their faces and we can afford all luxuries in west but still it cannot make us happy and it feel as if something is missing in our life so I think happiness is important and you should be happy no matter where you live

اسلام عليكم ورحمته الله و بركته

So people I’v left Pakistan and I’m now returning to the UK after 4 eventful years. It was a rollercoaster of a ride but in the end this chapter of my life has came to a close. However I leave with some great and bittersweet memories :) , for someone born in the UK and having lived there for 30yrs...it came as a shock to see how life is in Pakistan.

The most frustrating part for me was the legal system where anyone can do anything - ‘stays, hakshufa etc’ and then cases rumble on for more than 30yrs!

Then there’s getting things done - buying and selling properties, basic administrative things at tehseel level and dealing with patwaris and tehseeldeer is enraging for someone who is used to a fair and efficient system. In the end I feel the only way to improve this situation is that something drastic needs to be done. Punish these tehseeldaars and patwaris... Flog these ba$tards in the city chowk .... there’s no other way... the rot has set in way too deep. The awaam is at their mercy and even remedy’s such as the police, MNA’s, MPA’s, Overseas support office and complaint portal are a joke.

I foresee difficult times ahead for Pakistan especially under this PTI govt and the current economic situation. I hope I am proved wrong but I doubt it

Even after all this I leave with my heart filled with love for Pakistan and the good people who I met... because life is really just a journey. I will remember all these moments fondly ان شاء الله

I can tell my grandchildren that I was there when Nawaz Sharif was jailed, the PTI dharna years, the beginning of PTI nalaik govt and when Pak Air Force made us proud and whipped India’s ***.

I plan to return in a few years time
ان شاء الله to open a school whereby I can contribute something to our country.

May Allah ta’ala bless you all and always safeguard Pakistan... kyunke agar Pakistan hai toh hum hain.

Love and Peace to all. See you on the other side

@Reddington
@The SC
@Dubious
@newbie
@DeadSparrow
@newb3e
@nahtanbob
@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan
@ghazi52
@Yaseen1
@blueazure

View attachment 568351
You are leaving the country and Pti is bad.
That's all you wan to say....
And nawaz sherif and ppp is good .

Some of our desi parent are naïve . They expect from children to live and study in UK but want them to behave like typical Pakistani Muslim children instead of typical English child. They are ignoring this fact that concept of right or wrong of children will be depending on the morals ad ethics of society where they are living . If parent are teaching them one thing while school and friends are teaching them opposite then this will just confuse child

Some of our desi parent are naïve . They expect from children to live and study in UK but want them to behave like typical Pakistani Muslim children instead of typical English child. They are ignoring this fact that concept of right or wrong of children will be depending on the morals ad ethics of society where they are living . If parent are teaching them one thing while school and friends are teaching them opposite then this will just confuse child

No it doesn't. I went to school in the UK, I grew up knowing the difference between us and them. Give children credit - they are smart, they understand the difference between cultures and the boundaries if you take time to explain and discuss them. Discussion is the key.

No it doesn't. I went to school in the UK, I grew up knowing the difference between us and them. Give children credit - they are smart, they understand the difference between cultures and the boundaries if you take time to explain and discuss them. Discussion is the key.
I have witnessed opposite in case of children born and grew up in UK with less connection with their roots. Father was mostly busy in working non stop to earn money. Mother was mostly busy in kitchen and others useless activities so children spent most of their time in school and with friends from all backgrounds which influence their mind and thinking to great extent . Some even start questioning and arguing with parent about what is right and what is wrong so yes they become over smart and start teaching parent to get rid of backward thinking and outdated practices

I have witnessed opposite in case of children born and grew up in UK with less connection with their roots. Father was mostly busy in working non stop to earn money. Mother was mostly busy in kitchen and others useless activities so children spent most of their time in school and with friends from all backgrounds which influence their mind and thinking to great extent . Some even start questioning and arguing with parent about what is right and what is wrong so yes they become over smart and start teaching parent to get rid of backward thinking and outdated practices

Well brother you said it yourself. These people give their children no time - what do they expect?

Anything is possible if you give your children your time. Kids need that more than Nike, Sky TV and iPhone.

Well brother you said it yourself. These people give their children no time - what do they expect?

Anything is possible if you give your children your time. Kids need that more than Nike, Sky TV and iPhone.
Its expensive to live in UK and most of our women are housewives so men have financial responsibilities on their shoulder and some even support sibling and parent back home so they even work overtime and become difficult for them to find reasonable time for children or to keep eyes on them. Its not easy task to shield kids from immoralities which western society consider as normal . How many of our parent educate children about sex and relationship education but school teach these taboo subject at very early age and some college student even get mocked for not having GF or BF or for being virgin from their friends and class fellows . If children are hearing two conflicting ideas about modesty at home and school then we cannot say surely that they will follow the advice of parent by ignoring norm of society where they are living.

A lot depends on the parents. My parents taught me the differences and fundamentals and even though I spent most of my life in the west, I managed.

Back
Top Bottom