What's new

Going back to the UK!

Pakistan a country of extremes.
Either everything can get or nothing gets done.
Either people are way too qualified or overly incompetent.
اسلام عليكم ورحمته الله و بركته

So people I’v left Pakistan and I’m now returning to the UK after 4 eventful years. It was a rollercoaster of a ride but in the end this chapter of my life has came to a close. However I leave with some great and bittersweet memories :) , for someone born in the UK and having lived there for 30yrs...it came as a shock to see how life is in Pakistan.

The most frustrating part for me was the legal system where anyone can do anything - ‘stays, hakshufa etc’ and then cases rumble on for more than 30yrs!

Then there’s getting things done - buying and selling properties, basic administrative things at tehseel level and dealing with patwaris and tehseeldeer is enraging for someone who is used to a fair and efficient system. In the end I feel the only way to improve this situation is that something drastic needs to be done. Punish these tehseeldaars and patwaris... Flog these ba$tards in the city chowk .... there’s no other way... the rot has set in way too deep. The awaam is at their mercy and even remedy’s such as the police, MNA’s, MPA’s, Overseas support office and complaint portal are a joke.

I foresee difficult times ahead for Pakistan especially under this PTI govt and the current economic situation. I hope I am proved wrong but I doubt it

Even after all this I leave with my heart filled with love for Pakistan and the good people who I met... because life is really just a journey. I will remember all these moments fondly ان شاء الله

I can tell my grandchildren that I was there when Nawaz Sharif was jailed, the PTI dharna years, the beginning of PTI nalaik govt and when Pak Air Force made us proud and whipped India’s ***.

I plan to return in a few years time
ان شاء الله to open a school whereby I can contribute something to our country.

May Allah ta’ala bless you all and always safeguard Pakistan... kyunke agar Pakistan hai toh hum hain.

Love and Peace to all. See you on the other side

@Reddington
@The SC
@Dubious
@newbie
@DeadSparrow
@newb3e
@nahtanbob
@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan
@ghazi52
@Yaseen1
@blueazure

View attachment 568351

Best of luck brother for your life in u.k.These days alot of people are considering to go abroad from Pakistan due to bad economic conditions and less availability of jobs and Oppurtunities so it is better decision to go to a country in which we can polish our capabilities and skills instead of remaining underutilized within Pakistan as there is alot of uncertainty here and it seems it will take long times for things to get normal but our life is too short and why to waste our life and time due to govt incompetence

I understand its difficult to adjust in Pakistan after spending most of your time in UK and others western developed countries. Western countries have their pro and cons and living in Pakistan has its ups and downs and no country is perfect in absolute sense. Life is smooth and peaceful in UK which is often boring and seem like robotic life style with not much social life at all . Pakistan has got poor governance and there are ills like corruption, bribery and incompetence at every level. There is no proper civil, social or legal system at place and people with money and power act like goons and those who are weaker and poor struggle to survive there. There are hardships in Pakistan but still people are resilient and have smile on their faces and we can afford all luxuries in west but still it cannot make us happy and it feel as if something is missing in our life so I think happiness is important and you should be happy no matter where you live
oh how i love you ..
yes being in a minority sucks . i moved to europe (uk) a decade ago and it still doesnt register to me.. life is charmless as many of you said. i am glad you guys shared this feeling. if you dont drink or dance, you are fuc$$$.
eveyrthing is over regulated (robotic). worse is when english say its a free country haha
i have , ii am and i will find things to do after work, forever. worse is that when you have to pray and there isnt anywhere you can do it ..
pakistanis are warm at heart unlike european counter parts . the love they have , is not to be found anywhere.

@Proudpakistaniguy @313ghazi @Chand mukhra @Wa Muhammada

u all expats, if u guys ever come to Pakistan, make Islamabad yr base rather then villages or small towns.......u can go on by taking care of Properties and other things from here.

Keep yr family residence in Islamabad and from here do things u want. This is the most Foreign friendly city which is like a western city in its atmosphere and ways and vibes.

Waisy @Wa Muhammada kyu jaa raha ha? kahe teri b kisi ny video nikaal di ha ya Meesha Shafi ki tarha kisi ny harass kar dia ha:D

u all expats, if u guys ever come to Pakistan, make Islamabad yr base rather then villages or small towns.......u can go on by taking care of Properties and other things from here.

Keep yr family residence in Islamabad and from here do things u want. This is the most Foreign friendly city which is like a western city in its atmosphere and ways and vibes.

Waisy @Wa Muhammada kyu jaa raha ha? kahe teri b kisi ny video nikaal di ha ya Meesha Shafi ki tarha kisi ny harass kar dia ha:D

That is the plan inshaAllah. Islamabad seems the most tame big city in Pakistan. I'd go crazy if I had to live in the pind - i'd miss my burgers...lol

These days alot of people are considering to go abroad from Pakistan due to bad economic conditions and less availability of jobs and Oppurtunities so it is better decision to go to a country in which we can polish our capabilities and skills instead of remaining underutilized within Pakistan as there is alot of uncertainty here

images (2).jpeg

اسلام عليكم ورحمته الله و بركته

So people I’v left Pakistan and I’m now returning to the UK after 4 eventful years. It was a rollercoaster of a ride but in the end this chapter of my life has came to a close. However I leave with some great and bittersweet memories :) , for someone born in the UK and having lived there for 30yrs...it came as a shock to see how life is in Pakistan.

The most frustrating part for me was the legal system where anyone can do anything - ‘stays, hakshufa etc’ and then cases rumble on for more than 30yrs!

Then there’s getting things done - buying and selling properties, basic administrative things at tehseel level and dealing with patwaris and tehseeldeer is enraging for someone who is used to a fair and efficient system. In the end I feel the only way to improve this situation is that something drastic needs to be done. Punish these tehseeldaars and patwaris... Flog these ba$tards in the city chowk .... there’s no other way... the rot has set in way too deep. The awaam is at their mercy and even remedy’s such as the police, MNA’s, MPA’s, Overseas support office and complaint portal are a joke.

I foresee difficult times ahead for Pakistan especially under this PTI govt and the current economic situation. I hope I am proved wrong but I doubt it

Even after all this I leave with my heart filled with love for Pakistan and the good people who I met... because life is really just a journey. I will remember all these moments fondly ان شاء الله

I can tell my grandchildren that I was there when Nawaz Sharif was jailed, the PTI dharna years, the beginning of PTI nalaik govt and when Pak Air Force made us proud and whipped India’s ***.

I plan to return in a few years time
ان شاء الله to open a school whereby I can contribute something to our country.

May Allah ta’ala bless you all and always safeguard Pakistan... kyunke agar Pakistan hai toh hum hain.

Love and Peace to all. See you on the other side

@Reddington
@The SC
@Dubious
@newbie
@DeadSparrow
@newb3e
@nahtanbob
@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan
@ghazi52
@Yaseen1
@blueazure

View attachment 568351
things will get better one day here !! good luck

Chalo at least everything is OK. Its a hard decision to make an I applaud you for taking your kids To Pakistan in the first place. My fear is that I rob my kids of the opportunity and security I had, just because I have the luxury to go back and live a decent life.

Where abouts do you live in Pakistan? I myself feel if I ever moved home it would be to Islamabad. I don't think the village life is for me.

How do your kids feel?

I think Islamabad would be a good place for any expat-Pakistani wanting to return.

The key is having enough resources to send your kids to good private schools and afford private healthcare. The standards of private schools and private healthcare is the same or even better with what you will get with public schools and public healthcare in the West. I am speaking with regards to Australia, not sure the U.K would be much different.

Since your kids would be British passport holders so there would be no lack of opportunities if they get good education even from Pakistan.

are there any people interested in trekking k2 basecamp or general trekking in himalayas. i really want to go ..

I was lucky to catch my flight... thanks

I had to get away from freshies and this ^ typical **** mentality haha

But on a serious note I agree that Islamabad is the most suitable place to be for expats.

Back
Top Bottom