What's new

GlobalFirePower 2014 puts Egypt ahead of Pakistan

Yep, was never gone.

Anyway, they did the same thing during 2013, but then quickly edited.

They moved up because they got new toys from their warming relations with Russia. But I think Pakistan's nuclear deterrent still makes it a more formidable power.

They moved up because they got new toys from their warming relations with Russia. But I think Pakistan's nuclear deterrent still makes it a more formidable power.
Nuclear weapons are not taken into account.

I haven't heard any new weapon acquisition by Pakistan since long. So nothing surprising in rankings

May be true, but if you compare the two countries, Pakistan has Egypt beat in nearly all fields.

Also, the list doesn't take nuclear capabilities into account, so say by a few years, maybe 2016-2020, when we induct our first nuclear submarine, lists like this will be very dull.

At least we are still above Australia.....

There are many errors in numbers. For Eg- Pakistan military has 555 helicopters. Indian submarine strength- 17 etc

There are many errors in numbers. For Eg- Pakistan military has 555 helicopters. Indian submarine strength- 17 etc

They are better this year, at least Japan is at the right place. And GFP tries to put into a perspective of a full scale of war that can take years to finish. Economy, industry, defense industry are considered, thats why Indonesia that doesn't have many military hardware can be put higher than Iran.

Back
Top Bottom