What's new

Give Pervez Musharraf Support

I don't see Musharraf visiting this year, not with the political and economic situation going from worse to worse.

He and his advisers have been leaking such stories for over a year now. How many times have we heard the 'any time soon' story?

Then we get 'either April or September', two months fairly wide apart, it's all rather vague (as always).

I think he needs to continue building momentum for his party - and that will come from backing from the diaspora. He's finding success there, and also with some 'friendly' allies like Saudi, UAE and China I'm sure.

If he has the economic clout behind him (an advantage his rivals have), then he can look to make his voice heard through campaigning if he ever decides to return.

But again, it comes back to what measures will he take to get us out of the current mess, and how stringently will they be enforced?

Questions we don't completely have the answer to - just yet.

I have a new slogan for General Musharraf that he should use.

'Musharraf Chacha aaega, Pakistan Bachai ga'

Another one he should use.

'Mullah marwao, Pakistan bachao'.

this issue was raised in the program on pakistani channel!!
if u dont know the answer then plz u r free not to answer:lol::lol:

lol problem is that Musharraf picked Kiyani you know! and Kiyani has too much respect for Musharraf! if you don't know then let me explain you, respect in Pakistani army, When Musharraf was president he never actually lived in President house, he only used to work there, He only lived in army base and in the house of COAS which he was! after he resigned in 2007 Musharraf was still living in COAS house:what: then 2008 when he lost election he still lived in COAS house meaning in the house where kiyani should be living? then when he resigned in aug 2008 guess what he still lived in COAS house? he left county in march or may of 2009 and until then he still lived in COAS house, do you know what it means? in simple words that even after giving of the post of COAS in 2007 and giving up all the powers of government and presidency in aug 2008 he still lived in COAS house until mar or may 2009 which means 7-9 months, This is called army showing her loyalty to Musharraf, Army will support Musharraf and we will all see this so don't talk about what and if army generals will submit them self under another general, this this general is GENERAL MUSHARRAF

I have a new slogan for General Musharraf that he should use.

'Musharraf Chacha aaega, Pakistan Bachai ga'

Another one he should use.

'Mullah marwao, Pakistan bachao'.

BTW there is a slogan Musharraf aaao Pakistan bachao and as far as second one is concerned i doubt it hahaha

Globe and Mail: Pervez Musharraf explains why Pakistan needs him

January 21, 2011

Pervez Musharraf explains why Pakistan needs him

By Rod Mickleburgh
From Saturday's Globe and Mail

The country's former - and perhaps future - ruler tells The Globe's Rod Mickleburghwhat's broken in his fractious homeland and why he's just the man to fix it

Pervez Musharraf ruled perpetually turbulent Pakistan with a military fist for nearly nine years but, unpopular and facing impeachment, fled in 2008. Now plotting a return from his home in London, he claims he will again lead Pakistan. He talked to The Globe and Mail's Rod Mickleburgh while in Vancouver this week to speak to the elite Bon Mot Book Club.

You were part of the search for Osama bin Laden. Where is he?

I don't know. There's a misperception that the whole army was deployed to hunt down Osama bin Laden. That's not the case. It was to hunt down extremists wherever they are. But seeing films of him, I thought he could be in the Bajaur Agency and Kunar Province of Afghanistan under the protection of the Taliban.

How would you assess the state of Pakistan today?

It is bad. The people are dismayed, despondent and demoralized. Basically, it is the result of a dysfunctional government.

Has it got worse since you left?

Certainly, by 200 per cent. In two years, the economy has gone down, as well as people's welfare. Essential items for the poor are four times more expensive. So there is poverty, jobs are less, factories have closed.

Do you accept any responsibility for these calamitous times?

No. Every socio-economic indicator was positive in 2008. On the law and order side, yes, there was a problem, but Taliban extremism was not as bad.

Does the recent assassination of Punjabi governor Salman Taseer represent the end of tolerance and liberalism?

What happened is terrible, and I am really dismayed at how this man [the assassin] is being cheered. But there are many elements involved. Without condoning what the man has done, the governor called the [blasphemy] law "a black law," which he should not have done.

The problem is that some people use it to carry out their personal vendettas against innocent people. So we have to bring about amendments of this law. That is real leadership, which is not there, and leads to polarization and hysteria.

Well, to some extent, it has been dented. I shouldn't say that nothing has happened. Jinnah was certainly a very secularly minded person but he did want Pakistan for the Muslims of the country. We wanted a homeland, so that we could lead our lives according to our customs and traditions around our own religion. So it an Islamic Republic of Pakistan was created.

Is stable democracy impossible?

What's needed is a political party and a leader who can unify in thought and action the democratic process, which means the people, the military and the bureaucracy. Anyone who can unify these three in thought and action, I think I can deliver democracy to Pakistan.

Has there been such a leader?

Well, you won't call me democratic. I was a military man, but I was elected democratically. Now, frankly, I have entered politics, and I have great hopes.

Why have you stayed outside Pakistan: fears for your own safety or possible court charges?

You have identified both problems correctly. But there is no case against me at this moment.

You have admitted to mistakes.

You go to Pakistan and ask any Pakistani are they remembering me now? You will get the answer: "Yes, you must come back." The people are asking me to come back, because they are suffering.

You have survived several assassination attempts. What's it like?

I don't get up in the morning and think whether I am going to live or not. I have started believing in destiny.

I don't think one should imagine that everywhere one is moving, one is in danger. I move around very freely.

Yet there are two security guys outside your door right now.

But that doesn't mean I worry.

When are you going back to Pakistan?

I expect a good reception. Only then will I go.

One critic has said: "Mr. Musharraf is dangerously prone to self-delusion." Is he right?

Well, I don't believe only in dreaming. At a later stage, I will prove that statement wrong.

What has to be done to get the country out of this chaos?

The main problem is the budget deficit and the balance of payments deficit. We turned both around in 1999, when the situation was much worse than this.

And combatting extremism?

Well, that is key.

And you can lead a government that can do this?

I did it for nine years, and I can do it again.

I understand you are grateful to Canada for something.

Yes. When we approached Paris Club [of high-level developed countries], we had a debt of $12.5-billion. Canada was the first country to write off our debt of $300-million or something. I will always remember that.

But are you not disappointed Canada will soon withdraw from military action in Afghanistan?

Yes. I think without stabilizing conditions on the ground in Afghanistan, there should be no withdrawal.

This conversation has been edited and condensed.

Musharraf already had his 9 year reign in Pakistan. No more. He should retire from politics and write books and make interviews in support of Pakistan. Thats it. He will not bring real change to Pakistan.

Give Imran Khan a chance.

no support for bastard Musharraf in the masses except you ruling elites and Liberal fascists. Death to Musharraf and his supporters and PPP and PMLs every politician in Pakistan should be hanged and burnt in front of the parliament like Italos burnt and than hanged Mussolini. They all are corrupt and have fucked the resources of Pakistan.

Musharraf already had his 9 year reign in Pakistan. No more. He should retire from politics and write books and make interviews in support of Pakistan. Thats it. He will not bring real change to Pakistan.

Give Imran Khan a chance.

a VERY wise quote my friend

Pakistan court reissues arrest warrant for former president Musharraf
From Reza Sayah, CNN
February 19, 2011 -- Updated 2057 GMT (0457 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Prosecutors say Pervez Musharraf didn't adequately protect Benazir Bhutto
* She was assassinated in 2007
* Musharraf's legal adviser says the accusations are politically motivated
* Musharraf has said he wants to make a presidential run in 2013

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- A court in Pakistan reissued an arrest warrant Saturday for former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf in connection with the assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, a public prosecutor told CNN.

Prosecutors claim that an investigation shows Musharraf was responsible for not providing adequate protection for Bhutto and has not responded to a prosecutor's request to answer questions, prompting the court-ordered arrest warrant.

Authorities were unable to serve an arrest warrant issued last week because Musharraf is not in Pakistan, prosecutor Chaudhry Zulfiqar Ali told CNN.

Ali said the court ordered authorities to serve the new warrant at all of Musharraf's residences, including those abroad.

Musharraf is currently living in self-imposed exile in London.

Ali said the court was adjourned until March 5.

Bhutto, who spent many years in exile, was assassinated in 2007 as she campaigned against Musharraf for the presidency.

Some have accused Musharraf of being involved in the assassination, but Musharraf denies any involvement. Late last year, Pakistani authorities arrested two police officials in the case.

A United Nations panel looking into Bhutto's assassination concluded that Pakistan's former military-led government failed to adequately protect her and that intelligence agencies hindered the subsequent investigation.

The panel's scathing report in April 2010 said the suicide bombing that killed Bhutto "could have been prevented" and that police deliberately failed to pursue an effective investigation into the killings. But Musharraf's government has said Bhutto had been afforded adequate protection.

Musharraf's legal adviser told CNN that Musharraf has not appeared before the court because the accusations against him are baseless and politically motivated.

"This is political victimization against Musharraf," Muhammad Ali Saif said. "Musharraf was never contacted by investigators to get his version of the assassination."

Musharraf went to London after resigning in 2008.

He decided to start a political party last year and make a comeback. He has said he wants to return for a presidential run in 2013 because he sees suffering in Pakistan and doesn't see a political party offering a solution.

He should be arrested by interpool , hang him high

Back
Top Bottom