What's new

Give Pervez Musharraf Support

Wish this guy come to pakistan n my request to honorable chief justice of islamic republic of pakistan to hang this moron till death this dictator is the reason why pakistan is going thru all this mess today have this moron not taken over pakistan in 1999 pakistan would have been in his top prime............

Wish this guy come to pakistan n my request to honorable chief justice of islamic republic of pakistan to hang this moron till death this dictator is the reason why pakistan is going thru all this mess today have this moron not taken over pakistan in 1999 pakistan would have been in his top prime............

Whereas i too was disgusted by NRO and some other policy matters of Musharraf, you are giving in to emotions and exaggerating when you blame him for every issue we face today.
Many things in administration were done much better in his era.

The era of Nawaz and BB was worse since the only thing they focused on was political victimization and minting money for themselves, the legend of Mr. 10% and of the Sharif brother's "Karz Uttaro" fraud is one of the many things that predate Musharraf's tenure as chief executive.
The economy was stagnant and no foreign investments and business looked the way of Pakistan.

I agree that Musharraf should be tried but only for the right reason.
If it is proven that Mian Sahib was indeed guilty of not allowing the plane to land then he should also get a befitting punishment for risking the lives of Pakistanis.
Same goes for all the people in power who have acted out of line...

It should be clear that whosoever else is guilty of abusing the law should be tried as well, regardless of whether they are great democratic leaders, Generals, Honorable Judges, media tycoons, Feudal lords, Civil servants, blessed religious leaders or ordinary citizens.

The sad fact is that the majority parties do not want to try Musharraf because in the end their hands are not cleaner than him.
Setting a precedence of punishing ex rulers will perhaps give the nation more courage and guts to check the ruling elite...this is the only thing that holds the 2 stalwart torchbearers of democracy (PPP and PML-N) from initiating proceedings against Musharraf.

You should ponder upon the fact that both PPP and PML-N want the other party to initiate proceedings against Musharraf, that shows clearly why Musharraf will not be trialed until he becomes a political force.
This clearly sheds a light on what has been the mode of justice or accountability in Pakistan, which still has not changed.
These days when influential members of parties who are actually mouthpieces of their party heads, give open comments on how corruption is their right...it is painfully evident that we have gone from bad to worse.

I believe Imran is the real honest person and i wonder why people do not support him, after all everyone i talk to says that our key problem is corruption and lack of honesty in our society and especially in our leaders.
Imran is honest, principled and certainly not corrupt, he is the only party leader who at least has these traits.
So why do the people not support him?
Some call him fundo, others talk about his past lifestyle, some say that he is not a politician...that is mostly nonsense in my opinion because what matters is that he is an honest person who has a clean slate.
This nation has only one option in my opinion if they want better accountability of abuses of power and corruption, they should choose the man who has a clean slate by way of his actions and not by way of apologies.
Sadly PML-N and PPP are much worse than Musharraf, because they do not even apologize for the unbelievable damages they have done to the country in the past and present.

In summary, we do not know what PPP or PML-N would have done between 99 to 2007...yet unlike their eras there was economic resurgence and much better administration in most of Musharraf's tenure.
Regarding the war on terror and our role in it, we have our democratic lions back in office so what have they changed in terms of policy?
This shows that under the auspicious leadership of PPP or PML-N we would most likely have been even worse off in the last decade.

I dont have respect for a dictator and he was a currupt to in many ways and i never support him

SHC disposes of petition against Musharraf

Thursday, 14 Oct, 2010

mushAFP608.jpg

Former military ruler Pervez Musharraf. — Photo by AFP

KARACHI: The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Thursday disposed of a petition against former president Pervez Musharraf, DawnNews reported.

The court further advised petitioner Maulvi Iqbal Haider to approach the Supreme Court in this regard.

The petition seeking to initiate a high treason trial against the former military ruler was heard by a division bench of the court, headed by SHC Chief Justice Sarmad Jalal Usmani.

Haider in the petition had contended that a case should be filed against the former president under Article 6 of the Constitution.

The petition accused Musharraf of violating the constitution, illegal usage of national resources, damaging the federation and soiling the state’s reputation. — DawnNews

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | SHC disposes of petition against Musharraf

Musharraf defends Pakistan's record against terrorism

By the CNN Wire Staff
October 10, 2010

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
-The Pakistani military is "doing enough" to fight terrorism, Musharraf says
-Musharraf was president until 2008
-He intends on running again in 2013

(CNN) -- Former Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf defended Pakistan's role in the fight against terrorism amid criticisms that it falls short on that front.

"Pakistan has always been accused of not doing enough. But I totally disagree with this statement. Pakistan is doing enough," Musharraf said in an interview that aired Sunday on ABC's "This Week."

A private White House report to Congress, obtained by CNN last week, used unusually tough language to suggest the ally is not doing nearly enough to confront the Taliban and al Qaeda. The blunt language contradicted public comments by the Obama administration that Pakistan is working hard to crack down on militants.

The report notes that from March to June, the Pakistani military "continued to avoid military engagements that would put it in direct conflict with Afghan Taliban or [al Qaeda] forces in North Waziristan. This is as much a political choice as it is a reflection of an under-resourced military prioritizing its targets."

Musharraf said that if critics want to point out deficiencies in North Waziristan, they should limit their comments to just that region.

"But don't generalize the statement that the army is not doing enough. They've suffered over 2,000 casualties. What do you mean by not doing enough?" he said.

Pakistan has its problems, he said, but should not be blamed for its effort.

"We must understand the problems, but what hurts Pakistan and every leader in Pakistan is when they are blamed. Everyone in the world starts blaming them, while we are suffering casualties, we are suffering hundreds of people dying from bomb blasts and suicide bombs, and yet we are the rogues," Musharraf said.

Musharraf has been in self-imposed exile in London since he left office in 2008.

But he said he wants to return for a presidential run in 2013, because he sees suffering in Pakistan and doesn't see a political party offering a solution.

Musharraf defends Pakistan's record against terrorism - CNN.com

Ex-Pakistan president to be honored at Monsignor Bonner

Published: Friday, November 05, 2010

By LINDA REILLY
Times Correspondent

UPPER DARBY — The former president of Pakistan, retired Army Gen. Pervez Musharraf, will be honored by the Christian League of Pakistan in America at a ceremony today in Drexel Hill.

The organization has planned a reception and brief ceremony from 1-4 p.m. at Monsignor Bonner Archbishop Prendergast High School, Garrett Road and Lansdowne Avenue.

Anjum Bhatti, chief executive of the CLPA, made arrangements to use the Prendie auditorium for the event with school officials.

According to Bonner Prendie Principal William Brannick, the CLPA is using the building for the function, which is being held in the auditorium for access only.

It does not involve students and will not interrupt academic classes, Brannick said.

Musharraf, 67, the 10th president of Pakistan who served from 2001 to 2008, will be recognized and receive an award from the CLPA and will be honored by other officials for his service to Pakistan.

Ex-Pakistan president to be honored at Monsignor Bonner - delcotimes.com

Musharraf is the best after quaid and that is the fact!

Unfortunately our ***** awam could not realize that when he was in power. Imagine Pakistan right now if Musharraf was still President? We would be on top.

Last edited:
Our illiterate people cant judge the corrupt politicians of pakistan , the dictators are 100 times better than corrupt politicians !!

Back
Top Bottom