What's new

Girl, Age 16, Blackmailed Into Giving 15K Mum's Jewellery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you have a narrow mind set. Today honor killing in UK is the sole preserve of the Asian/African Community and most of them are of muslim origin. I have never heard of any Christian killing his daughter for family honor but I could be wrong. I think you are being defensive because you equate muslim=Pakistan whereas he could be Somali or an Indian muslim. The Sikhs too had this problem here but it is now rare to read of such cases and most honor killing are restricted to the Muslims of Asian origin. communities.

1stly, I have yet to hear you even say anything about African community....

2ndly, you have not heard about Christians doing honor killing? I am sure you can google it....Besides, its the bible that talked about such a notion...

I am being defensive because I am a Muslim woman....But all I am defending is honor as a girl not even because of the religion nor because of culture...I like being different...Out of 30 women if I am only one who is virgin, it is an honor and makes me stand out based on my choice....Not coz I fell into peer pressure or because it is cool or the culture!

Mind you the Sikhs of Canada and some British communities still do this! And so do Africans, the Indians as well as some White communities where the headlines are read as mad father killed daughter or mad brother shoots sister....google around!

1stly, I have yet to hear you even say anything about African community....

2ndly, you have not heard about Christians doing honor killing? I am sure you can google it....Besides, its the bible that talked about such a notion...

I am being defensive because I am a Muslim woman....But all I am defending is honor as a girl not even because of the religion nor because of culture...I like being different...Out of 30 women if I am only one who is virgin, it is an honor and makes me stand out based on my choice....Not coz I fell into peer pressure or because it is cool or the culture!

Mind you the Sikhs of Canada and some British communities still do this! And so do Africans, the Indians as well as some White communities where the headlines are read as mad father killed daughter or mad brother shoots sister....google around!

I don't have to google as such a thing would be reported here if it had happened recently. The only honor killings I see in UK are done by muslims and I have no reason to believe that other honor killings are not reported in the press. If they were you would have posted the links. The bible is a crappy novel as all religious books are in my judgment. I had posted in my first post Asian muslims and later both Indian and Pakistani muslims much before you entered this thread so calm down. We are not talking about the merits of virginity here but how a young girl was saved by her family inspite of peer pressures they must have felt and hence the Judge considered it important to mention the same in his judgement. If it was a normal case we would just be glancing at the headlines of a thief and blackmailer being jailed.

If she was a black girl she would committed suicide? What a thick mind set you have? Anyone can commit suicide out of personal shame but here we are talking about a girl whose parents in spite of being Muslims, a community that has problems of accepting reality of pre marital sex etc. did the right thing and the Judge complimented them.
and i said the same thing as you , the parents supported her and stood by her. I was merely pointing towards the torture one girl has to go through, and in one example a young black girl committed suicide, I was just quoting a case for those who are putting it all on being muslim; shame and honor....

I dont know that much about black community, but have not heard any news based on which I will make such assertion...

I remember reading up in the newspaper where a black girl jumped off from the building as she was bullied by the boys at the school as one of the boys had filmed her during their meet up. I am trying to find the link ...

and i said the same thing as you , the parents supported her and stood by her. I was merely pointing towards the torture one girl has to go through, and in one example a young black girl committed suicide, I was just quoting a case for those who are putting it all on being muslim; shame and honor....

I remember reading up in the newspaper where a black girl jumped off from the building as she was bullied by the boys at the school as one of the boys had filmed her during their meet up. I am trying to find the link ...

well, that is one off case, she just happened to be black, cound have been white, or asian as well, the important bit is bullying which could be really vicious and you will want to commit suicide even without a sex tape. Nothing to do with 'honour' as understood by south asians.

I am once again stating that suicide is a personal choice but honor killing is murder here and this is something which happens within the muslim and Sikh communities here.

I am once again stating that suicide is a personal choice but honor killing is murder here and this is something which happens within the muslim and Sikh communities here.

Intriguing isn't it.. since it seems it has more to do with cultural commonalities within that instead of religion.

well, that is one off case, she just happened to be black, cound have been white, or asian as well, the important bit is bullying which could be really vicious and you will want to commit suicide even without a sex tape. Nothing to do with 'honour' as understood by south asians.
I still looking it up and trying to find that piece of news, it was reported in UK not so long ago. She died not because of bullying but the mental torture she was going through. She was called up by other boys with names and they blackmailed her into having sex with them. she took her life out of shame.

It is not related to religion my dear why is so hard for you to understand? Religion forbids on pre-martial affair but where does it say anything about honor killing? again people do it out of cultural thing rather than religion

happens with hindus in northern India too, just that it does not happen in UK much, hence people dont know.

It does, its just that these people are trying to keep their values through isolation which cannot work in the society.
Integration is solely confined to the males and with the females they have not been able to effectively communicate the value of their "values" as to make them attractive enough to them.

Intriguing isn't it.. since it seems it has more to do with cultural commonalities within that instead of religion.

I have not heard of any Sikh honor killings in UK for a long time but I have heard about three cases of muslims killing daughters and sisters and the families involved were of Somali, Afghani, Iraqi and Pakistani (maybe some Indian too) origin of muslim faith. Hardly any cultural commonalties there except for religion.

read the news yourself. You will know what she went through, and why she decided to kill herself.
i have read it dear, but the point you are missing here is both of these cases are similar, in both cases girls were blackmailed, i wonder what made this girl not share the incident with her parents? or why did they not look into her troubled life, am not saying as if parents would have killed her, but why did she not tell her mother?

I have not heard of any Sikh honor killings in UK for a long time but I have heard about three cases of muslims killing daughters and sisters and the families involved were of Somali, Afghani, Iraqi and Pakistani (maybe some Indian too) origin of muslim faith. Hardly any cultural commonalties there except for religion.

Probably because of religion having less and less to do with expanding cultural horizons. As far the Muslim is considered it is forbidden to marry outside religion.. Hence it is a shameful act.
However, that fact that due to their non-integration or fearful isolation they are not able to enforce values with convincing effect on to their daughters.. they are not looking at Muslims in faith.. hence whatever honor killing they are engaging in ..has little to do with Islam and more to do with their perceived religious honor.

Are you Gay???? o_O

So when both gal and guy will be whipped for have premarital s.e.x? :whistle: ? Because that's what the punishment of pre marital relations :whistle:

May be I am :angel: muahahahahah, no just made a mistake, I was trying to say marriage is worth it if you wait and I am talking from a male perspective and don't be sudden to label me as a homosexual. I have got that before so don't worry, around here a guy being gentleman past the age of 16 is unheard of so I do know where you are coming from.

On to the second point, what are you talking about monsieur with respect to whipping :what:, it's a free society you cannot regulate people's behavior unless we are living in an Orwellian world(on a side note, we might just be living in that world after the recent NSA scandel :) )

I don't have to google as such a thing would be reported here if it had happened recently. The only honor killings I see in UK are done by muslims and I have no reason to believe that other honor killings are not reported in the press. If they were you would have posted the links. The bible is a crappy novel as all religious books are in my judgment. I had posted in my first post Asian muslims and later both Indian and Pakistani muslims much before you entered this thread so calm down. We are not talking about the merits of virginity here but how a young girl was saved by her family inspite of peer pressures they must have felt and hence the Judge considered it important to mention the same in his judgement. If it was a normal case we would just be glancing at the headlines of a thief and blackmailer being jailed.

I said the same...but all I said different was that stop concentrating on Muslim population....In the news there is loads of stuff, just depends what your eyes fall on...And I do not need to be cheapster to do your google homework....I know many PDF people are expert google masters :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom