What's new

Getting religion in our bloodstream By Ayesha Siddiqa

Nothing you post contradicted my claims or answered my questions, Jihadi. To make the value judgements you assert you have to have the information available from the ISI as well as the CIA - and that, you cannot do.

(Or will not do, perhaps.)

Oh, it's not even a complete list and also not beyond 1993.

Come on man, the real meaning of tyranny is having an 800+ billion dollars defence budget (increasing constantly).

Where's the limit? And U.S.A is supposed to be an example for other nations to follow? :undecided:

Nothing you post contradicted my claims or answered my questions, Jihadi. To make the value judgements you assert you have to have the information available from the ISI as well as the CIA - and that, you cannot do.

(Or will not do, perhaps.)

I'm just showing how much of a hypocrit you are.
Go ahead and open a thread on the atrocities commited by the CIA.

Oh wait, you'd rather not go along that line, it's too easy to blame the ISI. Get your own house in order before you point your sh-t at others.

Ofcourse I don't have any information that contradicts your statements, I simply do not know how the ISI operates and what they are currently up to.

All I am saying is that I think that in our current situation, I am pretty confident they are performing their task, which is to protect Pakistan from internal and external entities who seek to harm us.

Perhaps our more senior members, or the ones who are atleast more involved within our army or intel services would care to give their opinions on this matters.

If that would make you sleep better at night.. :coffee:

I'm just showing how much of a hypocrit you are.
Actually, you're showing how genuine I am. But you don't realize that, do you?

If you are going to make value judgments - who is better and who is worse - you have to look at the actual deeds and their context of all the parties involved. No unedifying "Hey, the U.S. spends 800 billion" shortcuts or anything like that.

baseless, sensationalist propaganda.

the same old over-used garbage, just 'packaged and re-named' differently.

The lowest form of popular culture - lack of information, misinformation, disinformation, and a contempt for the truth or the reality of most people's lives - has overrun real journalism. Today, many ordinary people are being stuffed with garbage.

---Carl Bernstein

Actually, you're showing how genuine I am. But you don't realize that, do you?

If you are going to make value judgments - who is better and who is worse - you have to look at the actual deeds and their context of all the parties involved. No unedifying "Hey, the U.S. spends 800 billion" shortcuts or anything like that.

I don't want to go into details, but at the same time i'm also changing the subject from Pakistan and ISI to your own country's intelligencia.
Every person with the brains of atleast a squirrel would know that the CIA is an agency which has commited crimes against humanity time and time again.

Try and read the information I posted above, it's a long list I know, but what else can you expect when it comes to the U.S.

You mind sharing something similar with us about the ISI?
Instead of a half-baked opinion of some writer.

That's not exactly what I call credible.
What I posted before are credible facts, you're clouded in fiction. It's this uncertainty and impotence that you cannot prove the involvement of the ISI with militancy, and that is what makes you so angry.. :coffee:

"Moronic Armchair Thinkers" are no less of a threat to Pakistan than the terrorist outfits.

i do agree however that it is the police and local civilian law enforcement officials who should be the ones to ensure that anyone preaching/prosthelytizing violence, or inciting hatred & encouraging anti-state activity should be crushed

its very easy for these western journalists to implicate ISI in this.....they see things through very narrow prism, much to their own peril. They fail to see larger picture.

The journos think of it as if the Police, the Political problems, the corruption, and all the endless problems of Pakistan are sponsored by ISI!

Let's be honest- the ISI are what they are, they are incredibly powerful (possibly too powerful for what they are) but this power has been handed to them by the Pakistani people. If the ISI didn't have the public support they enjoy (as demonstrated by the Pakistani member's view on this forum) they would not be as powerful as they are and would not do what they do. This "radicalisation" policy the ISI has supposedly embarked on is, again, a reflection of Pakistani society where some parts are becoming more and more radicalised.

But I do genuinely believe that whether you reared the ISI as "good" guys or "bad" guys they are true patriots and seem relentless in trying to boost Pakistan in their own ways.

Let's be honest- the ISI are what they are, they are incredibly powerful (possibly too powerful for what they are) .........

"All power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Lord Acton.

Back
Top Bottom