What's new

Get Ready, Pakistan: India Is Developing Its Own Missile-Defense Shield

We have very less resource as compare to India, So it's better for us to keep improving offensive platform to ensure MAD as deterrence.

Talked to someone who has been through everything related to Ballistic Missiles and defense systems. He stated that ABMs are just political tools and expressed little faith in their actual capabilities.
Correct. If US was so confident about their ABMs they wouldn't be trembling every time NK or Iran does a missile test.

It is a propoganda tool that's it.

Last edited:
Kind of weird and confusing.Pakistan military has a defensive doctrine and Indian military is more of the offensive type....so how come are the Indian military and government so worried of the isolated neighbour to the west. Or is this missile shield another tactic to project themselves as a recognisable nation to be put on a list of the very few who can afford it....would it be a pat-on-the-back for media recognition as per Indian cinema traditions or a legitimate possibility of a threat to the Republic of India.

What's the production rate of something as big as Ababeel, how many can Pakistan field? 25-30-50

How are they going to hide such a large missile, as all the Pakistani BMs are TEL based, and very much visible from space based assets.

Pakistan has bout 130 warheads , which will be needed to be mounted on Shaheens Ghauri, Ra'ad, Babur, Nasr, so how many can be spared for Ababeel.

Other than BM, all cruise missiles can be handled by LRSAM(Barak-8ER), S400,.

Over that, an extra layer of Aakash, VSHORAD.

We will see how Pakistan can get past through these.

What's the production rate of something as big as Ababeel, how many can Pakistan field? 25-30-50

How are they going to hide such a large missile, as all the Pakistani BMs are TEL based, and very much visible from space based assets.

Pakistan has bout 130 warheads , which will be needed to be mounted on Shaheens Ghauri, Ra'ad, Babur, Nasr, so how many can be spared for Ababeel.

Other than BM, all cruise missiles can be handled by LRSAM(Barak-8ER), S400,.

Over that, an extra layer of Aakash, VSHORAD.

We will see how Pakistan can get past through these.
my friend every single system can fail under stress and time, a saturation attack of say 100+ Missiles can plunder any base or say an area that is target.....But the question is how many missiles can pakistan fire on single target?:)

I thought India is a superpower and its rivalry is against China not Pakistan!

This would be the best thing for Pakistan..that is India developing its own not using imported ones

We have very less resource as compare to India, So it's better for us to keep improving offensive platform to ensure MAD as deterrence.
Btw good Idea. As the effectiveness of offensive material increases, so increases the cost of protection from it.

my friend every single system can fail under stress and time, a saturation attack of say 100+ Missiles can plunder any base or say an area that is target.....But the question is how many missiles can pakistan fire on single target?:)
I hope you know what you are talking about. A nuclear attack on a single base? What direction will be they fired from, assuming Pakistan doesn't posses SLBMs. A Swordfish Radar has the capability to track 200 target simultaneously, over a distance of 500 miles. S400s will come with their own Radar and missile batteries, Aakaash batteries have their own search and tracking radars. All facing western border. Not adding Aerostats, Phalcons and Netra. Now tell me what will it take to overwhelm these systems. Will take more than a thousand warheads to merely attempt a saturation attack.

I would want Pakistan to prepare a saturation attack. That's exactly the idea, make them go bankrupt trying to overwhelm these system with numbers. Leaves them little budget for other strategic acquisition.

Talked to someone who has been through everything related to Ballistic Missiles and defense systems. He stated that ABMs are just political tools and expressed little faith in their actual capabilities.
Patriot's have been proving their worth in KSA against Houthis, so I wouldn't write of ABM capabilities completely.

I hope you know what you are talking about. A nuclear attack on a single base? What direction will be they fired from, assuming Pakistan doesn't posses SLBMs. A Swordfish Radar has the capability to track 200 target simultaneously, over a distance of 500 miles. S400s will come with their own Radar and missile batteries, Aakaash batteries have their own search and tracking radars. All facing western border. Not adding Aerostats, Phalcons and Netra. Now tell me what will it take to overwhelm these systems. Will take more than a thousand warheads to merely attempt a saturation attack.

I would want Pakistan to prepare a saturation attack. That's exactly the idea, make them go bankrupt trying to overwhelm these system with numbers. Leaves them little budget for other strategic acquisition.
Don't get me wrong brother, Iam not one of those false flaggers and i know saturation attack is not possible as Pakistan lacks resources, but tracking missiles is one step and defeating them is step 2, since no SAM is 100% accurate we will require at least 3 to 4 missile for every BM fired at us and at least 2 for every cruise missile, The targets iam talking about are HVT like HQ's and Command centers.We should never underestimate our enemies.

Guys guys guys, atleast they are doing research. They couldn't get arrow, so they decided to develop their own systems.
We on the other hand like to wait until the blocking authority again becomes happy and gives it to us.
That's your negative opinion. The aviation city is being built for nothing. Investment in 5th generation and MALE have is nothing. We were given nukes. Please be careful putting yourself down. Too many others are doing it

ABM in Indo-Pak war is useless, the ranges between the missiles and the targets are not big enough. Same is true of any conflict between neighbours. ABM might be able to intercept any attacks on the Eastern side of India, but the reality is any war will take part on the western border, including missile launches and targeting.

If anyone is interested in ABM defence for close quaters they should work on lasers.

Back
Top Bottom