What's new

Germany to Pakistan: Terror for political goals unacceptable

Such shameful behaviour by the Indian media, twisting the facts to make a headline. As usual.

Shameful? This was in Pakistani media as well what you say about that? Why did Pakistan foreign office issued statement against Merkel and Sarkozy's remarks?

Even if it is not like that than which neighbor of India Merkel was talking about who Bhutan? lol

The original article is from hindustan times. So it was Initially the Indian media that put the spin on it, other media simply took the news of what was quoted against Pakistan.

2. What about Sarkozy the french president???????

What about him? Did i mention anything related to the French president.

3. How can we believe the pakistani media that "Germany have clarified".

Yes of course, you only like to believe the hate spewing orange media of yours.

4. Even if one take ur argument and don't see the word pakistan in the statement do you really think it changes the thing any different??????

Yes it does einstein. Mentioning Pakistan directly means we are being accused of something which is not the case otherwise. It does not matter for you Indians since you guys like to clinch on straws but us and the rest of the world it does.

Our orange media is better than your green media who make wikileak lies only Pakistani media did that no1 else ask yourself why?

At the same time the mistake was realized and if i am not wrong somebody got fired as well. When the same happens in India then come here and talk about medias.

As for what the German Chancellor said well this was her words:

BERLIN: German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Saturday accused Pakistan of trying to solve political issues in the guise of terrorism, and stated that Pakistan will have to change its policies.

Pakistan must change its policies: Merkel | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Why do you think the clarification came? Did suddenly the poor Pakistanis offered something to Germany which the Rich Indians could not and hence the U turn of the German chancellor over her statement.

Such shameful behaviour by the Indian media, twisting the facts to make a headline. As usual.

I pity your poor intellect & ability to make reasonable judgments. Anyway, lets end the 'mystery' and 'controversy' with a video of her press conference with Manmohan Singh.

Pakistan sponsored terrorism unacceptable: Angela Merkel - DNA

And oh please, forgive my sin that I have put forth a video from the orange media but I had no other option as she was in 'orange country' that time. Listen to the part where the chancellor actually speaks (not the reporter) and decide by yourself.

Now as to reports Pakistani media where German envoy says remarks were not Pakistan specific, to hell with that. The remarks were as Pakistan specific as they could get. Now if the chancellor is backtracking or apologizing, which I don't think is the case either, is a different story altogether. But India media quoted exactly what she said, with no misleading or malcontent or malevolent information.

This makes one wonder the credibility of Pakistani media though. Where is the video where the German official says remarks were not specific? If there is no concrete proof, it is ample clear the statement is being circulated to only soothe the hurt sentiments of Pakistani populace.

Responding to the demarche, the German charge d’ affaires said the chancellor’s remarks had been misquoted. Chancellor Merkel had outlined the general principles of Germany’s counterterrorism policy and her remarks were not Pakistan-specific, he assured.

Politically incorrect: Pakistan summons French, German diplomats – The Express Tribune

====================

Well, that didn't take too long.

It didn't take too long for everyone here, including you, to get convinced either. Watch the video in my above post & decide for yourself.

It didn't take too long for everyone here, including you, to get convinced either. Watch the video in my above post & decide for yourself.

The video has a translation of Merkel's comments, I don't understand German well enough to listen to her comments in German directly and make up my mind as to what was said.

In any case, it appears the German charge d’ affaires has clarified what was meant. If you, like some others, are going to argue that the Pakistani FO Spokesperson is 'fabricating' those comments, then I am sure the German mission or German Government will issue yet another clarification regarding the comments attributed to their charge d’ affaires.

Till then, it is essentially a retraction or 'cold water on the Indian media's wet dreams'.

The video has a translation of Merkel's comments, I don't understand German well enough to listen to her comments in German directly and make up my mind as to what was said.

In any case, it appears the German charge d’ affaires has clarified what was meant. If you, like some others, are going to argue that the Pakistani FO Spokesperson is 'fabricating' those comments, then I am sure the German mission or German Government will issue yet another clarification regarding the comments attributed to their charge d’ affaires.

Till then, it is essentially a retraction or 'cold water on the Indian media's wet dreams'.

Then what is the Indian media bashing going on here? .. They reported exactly what Merkel has said .

You have put forward a very weak argument. But nevertheless I will repeat what I had said in one of my posts.

Now if the chancellor is backtracking or apologizing, which I don't think is the case either, is a different story altogether. But India media quoted exactly what she said, with no misleading information. I had addressed that to a Chinese poster & many other posters who started jumping on Indian media.

Regarding translation - it wasn't translated by an Indian translator. It was a German. And even if it were an Indian, we haven't yet mistranslated official remarks of a head of the state visiting India standing by Indian PM on national TV. And we are not starting now. Whatever German charge d’ affaires (or whoever) issues now if says it wasn't Pakistan specific, then it will be a clear case of backtracking rather than explaining what was meant. Till then it is not a retraction or 'cold water' or anything, it is official statement of the head of the Germany until something signed by her or her designate says otherwise.

You have put forward a very weak argument. But nevertheless I will repeat what I had said in one of my posts.

Now if the chancellor is backtracking or apologizing, which I don't think is the case either, is a different story altogether. But India media quoted exactly what she said, with no misleading information. I had addressed that to a Chinese poster & many other posters who started jumping on Indian media.

Regarding translation - it wasn't translated by an Indian translator. It was a German. And even if it were an Indian, we haven't yet mistranslated official remarks of a head of the state visiting India standing by Indian PM on national TV. And we are not starting now. Whatever German charge d’ affaires (or whoever) issues now if says it wasn't Pakistan specific, then it will be a clear case of backtracking rather than explaining what was meant. Till then it is not a retraction or 'cold water' or anything, it is official statement of the head of the Germany until something signed by her or her designate says otherwise.
The charge de' affairs is the 'designate of the German Government', and his comments amount to either a retraction (if the original comments did indeed seek to point fingers at Pakistan) or a clarification (which is what the Charge de' affairs appears to be insinuating).

And I never made any comments about the translation being done by an Indian or the Indian media distorting Merkel's comments - just that the comments were translated (regardless of who did the translation) and have since been clarified.

With respect to the Indian media, my point is only that the clarification pours cold water on the Indian media's breathless pursuit of stories trying to paint Pakistan as 'isolated'.

Sir, have a look to Pakistani media's news report if you haven't already.

Germany slams Pakistan on terror to placate India | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

She added: “Our intention is also to talk to Pakistan to make clear that terror is not a means to an end when it comes to helping solve political problems. It is unacceptable and that Germany will cooperate with India very closely in this particular area.”

Its not Pakistani bashing by Indian/Pakistani media, they're reporting just what she said.

One only has to read the stories published by the Indian media, about Pakistan, to understand what their goal is.

Back
Top Bottom