What's new

Germany plans its biggest military contract ever...12 submarines for ...

MarkusS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Australia. Germany plans to deliver 12 submarines to australia. It is the biggest military deal of germany ever and also one of the world greatest so far. Chancellor Merkel herself supports it. The class 216 submarine is considered the most advanced submarine in the world. The deal is worth 12 billion € and would bring profit for decades.

SPIEGEL exklusiv: Merkel will U-Boot-Deal mit Australien - SPIEGEL ONLINE

And what about those 6 or so given as a gift to Israel?

Which German sub is best in its class?

what about the 2 subs to Egypt?

suspended at the moment because stability reasons. But since sisi seems to be able to create stability i´m sure the contract will move on. It was stopped when Morsi ruled...for know reasons.

suspended at the moment because stability reasons. But since sisi seems to be able to create stability i´m sure the contract will move on. It was stopped when Morsi ruled...for know reasons.
it really doesn't matter , our subs force is shit .. and 2 german type subs are down graded .. i hope we go for kilo.

@MarkusS

I suppose the sale of 12 sub's for 12 billion Euros would mean transferring tech
to allow the Australians to manufacture them locally?

Australia. Germany plans to deliver 12 submarines to australia. It is the biggest military deal of germany ever and also one of the world greatest so far. Chancellor Merkel herself supports it. The class 216 submarine is considered the most advanced submarine in the world. The deal is worth 12 billion € and would bring profit for decades.

SPIEGEL exklusiv: Merkel will U-Boot-Deal mit Australien - SPIEGEL ONLINE

This is a good deal for Germany. I sure admire Germany, it's products/engineering are top class, sometimes better than U.K and even U.S ones. Too bad the second world war happened, else Germany would have been a world super power.

Anyway, @ Marcus, I thought Australia was going for Japan's soryu sub's? Seems they changed their mind or something.

@MarkusS

I suppose the sale of 12 sub's for 12 billion Euros would mean transferring tech
to allow the Australians to manufacture them locally?

No, they will be build in Hamburg and Kiel.

This is a good deal for Germany. I sure admire Germany, it's products/engineering are top class, sometimes better than U.K and even U.S ones. Too bad the second world war happened, else Germany would have been a world super power.

Anyway, @ Marcus, I thought Australia was going for Japan's soryu sub's? Seems they changed their mind or something.

Looks like Merkel herself pushed japan out of the water. Insiders say she approached Australian PM Abbott at last G20 meeting and told him that Japan is at conflict with China. Germany is not...

Sorry....Nihonjin1051 xD

No, they will be build in Hamburg and Kiel.

Looks like Merkel herself pushed japan out of the water. Insiders say she approached Australian PM Abbott at last G20 meeting and told him that Japan is at conflict with China. Germany is not...

Sorry....Nihonjin1051 xD

Loool brilliant move from Frau Merkel, the worlds most powerful woman. She indeed is a competent leader. Long live the Bundestag. :usflag:(German flag)

Loool brilliant move from Frau Merkel, the worlds most powerful woman. She indeed is a competent leader. Long live the Bundestag. :usflag:(German flag)

SPIEGEL exclusive: Merkel wants submarine deal with Australia - PANTERES - News

"Germany competes with the Japanese. Back in November Merkel has worked on the edge of the G – 20 summit, the Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott in Brisbane for the German offer. Merkel argued here that Germany could act politically neutral, while Japan was suffering from tensions with China.’ So you’re right, ” Abbott said."

Back
Top Bottom