What's new

German Government To Cancel Saudi Tank Deal

No worries the Saudis will get the latest Abrams from the US. Turkey can step in with the Altay. Pakistan can also offer the AK, as a lighter tank.

By the way, not selling tanks to the Saudis but giving submarines to Israel which were also subsidised and some free, how consistent....

Turkey is a long-standing ally, committed to KSA's self-defense security measures. We can acquire the Altay with an ink of a paper with a huge ToT agreement, if we wish.

We do have a tremendous amount of support among Turkish Arms Companies, State Officials, Military Establishments, the Parliament, and Influential politicians.

We are in no harry friend. Our tanks are good enough to serve their purpose, to the ones we've got in hand.

If I were a Saudi policy-maker, I would go for the JF-17, and AK2 MBT. :-)
My friend.
It is not about you per se. I respect and appreciate your sentiments but Saudi Arabia would never be allowed to buy from Pakistan. You are like a golden goose that lays golden eggs for the West. You would never be allowed to buy from a Muslim country or anything that would allow the Chinese to increase their influence over the Saudi. It is unfortunately a fact and the house of Saudi buys favors in exchange of arms deals.
Araz

History had shown otherwise. We purchased Pakistani-made trainers, artilleries, propelled guns, light weapons, rocket launchers, small arms, and many more.

I find it extremely disrespectful to say that someone is a goose ... etc...

We seek after introducing the best equipments we can find.

Good day

Cheers

My friend.
It is not about you per se. I respect and appreciate your sentiments but Saudi Arabia would never be allowed to buy from Pakistan. You are like a golden goose that lays golden eggs for the West. You would never be allowed to buy from a Muslim country or anything that would allow the Chinese to increase their influence over the Saudi. It is unfortunately a fact and the house of Saudi buys favors in exchange of arms deals.
Araz

No worries the Saudis will get the latest Abrams from the US. Turkey can step in with the Altay. Pakistan can also offer the AK, as a lighter tank.

By the way, not selling tanks to the Saudis but giving submarines to Israel which were also subsidised and some free, how consistent....

We never sought to buy Germans-made arms. They approach us many times begging to buy their equipments.

Last edited:
@Yzd Khalifa remember when we last discussed about Germany in connection to KSA and sales of weapons? Looks like we were both right.

What do you think about the amount of time it takes for the government to make a pick?

Isn't AK a lighter tank than the Abrams, altay category? I don't think they can fit in the same tender as competitors. I think Saudia should invest in the AK project for light tank requirement, and choose between Abrams, Altay, challenger, leopard for a heavy tank. Also having a medium/light tank also is better for greater operational flexibility.

Yara did you hear about Mohafiz 3 ???
J.jpg

Share a lil info on AKII if any..

It isn't worthy discussing. I mean of you look at it from a political perspective, they shouldn't have offered their stuff in the first place.

From an economic point of view, they wasted a lucrative deal.

At any rate, Germany has never been a real supplier of arms to KSA.

They can eat their tanks.

@Yzd Khalifa remember when we last discussed about Germany in connection to KSA and sales of weapons? Looks like we were both right.

What do you think about the amount of time it takes for the government to make a pick?

Good, let people come to you. How strange for them to have approached you and then block the deal. Oh well it costs the economy jobs and work.....

You raised a valid point. They wasted a chance, throwing it away in the gutter.

History had shown otherwise. We purchased Pakistani-made trainers, artilleries, propelled guns, light weapons, rocket launchers, small arms, and many more.

I find it extremely disrespectful to say that someone is a goose ... etc...

We seek after introducing the best equipments we can find.

Good day

Cheers
It is mannerism of speaking and has nothing to do with respect or disrespect. Saudi policy has rightly been subservient to its own interests and one of those has been preservation of the monarchy and the state. This has made you a hostage to western policy makers and governments. This is a well known fact. You are trying to survive in a very tough neighbourhood and independence does not come easy. However when it comes to establishment of aviation industry you have to start small and manageable and develop slowly. Whether you would be allowed to do so is another story.
Araz

I have to take a sharp disagreement with you on that.

I respect your opinion though.

It is mannerism of speaking and has nothing to do with respect or disrespect. Saudi policy has rightly been subservient to its own interests and one of those has been preservation of the monarchy and the state. This has made you a hostage to western policy makers and governments. This is a well known fact. You are trying to survive in a very tough neighbourhood and independence does not come easy. However when it comes to establishment of aviation industry you have to start small and manageable and develop slowly. Whether you would be allowed to do so is another story.
Araz

They would have to hold a competition between Altay and AK2 in order to determine which is better. Also I dont see why they would order lighter tanks if they are not having any problems with the heavy weight ones they operate already. It seems that they are looking to distance themselves from american military tech over the long term so I dont think that they will buy that many more abrams tanks (600-800).

Mobility you just can't field heavy weight tanks all across in wars specially to arab-african regions, there are tactics as well. I don't think US has any problem with supplying spares and anything holding other technology for KSA's M1s and for any future orders since M1s are the most modern tanks and fulfills the need why would KSA want to switch to another platform and build ground up infrastructure. KSA is not distancing itself from US military tech since the news of Germans delaying the deal a year already completed...Saudi Arabia ordered some tanks from US and upgrading all in US/Saudi Arabia....By the way the real order number of tanks from Germany was around 270 if the deal goes though and later more to have been expected but germans just destroyed their deal...Although KSA is looking to replace older tanks like amx-30 and some M60s thus more M1A2S could be expected in coming years probably once the upgrades are completed specially in place of M60s for AMX-30 I believe another platform would be chosen whatever that would be.

Last edited:

Clears the path to most likely French submarines or US.

AK2 would be heavier than AK1 yet much lighter in tonnage than Altay around 46-51 tons compared to Altay 65 tonnage.

Back
Top Bottom