What's new

GeoTV licenses suspended by PEMRA

Geo's Licence is suspended , it will be taken of Air tonight & its head office in Karachi Sealed .

the building should be converted into a shelter for low-income people; or be converted into a hospital or something

all the computers/equipment should be donated to charity organizations

that would turn the devil into something positive

Does your channel ever runs pakistani point of view story? Indian media is by far the biggest pathological liars in the world. They come to conclusion before investigation even starts. bug off man.

the only people protesting in favor of geo are only geo employees. Now dont tell me people are afraid to protest against army because lawyers movement toppled musharraf who was from army.
hehehe...
u can live in ur denial ur whole life ..
but reality will remain reality...

so who will give jobs to those working in geo after their office gets sealed. Just asking if there is any protest by workers there because they lost their job. Or every one has quit their jobs and joined new channels.

its the matter of Personnel opinion - you like to commend it and I love it --- if Media has the right to manipulate the public opinion through unjust propaganda then i dont see how this is wrong --- and BTW I applauded the mentality of the person who came up with the idea - not the idea itself

Not commend, CONDEMN.

The media has the legal right to do what they do. The "angels" have no legal right to do what they are doing. That is the difference that is important.

lol..
banning a channel which shows neutral views on everything is nt good... u need to have news channel which also shows the truth... but alas i know its nt possible... u will only watch what ur army and isi want u to...
good luck... there was never freedom in Pakistan be it autocratic regime or democratic .. isi and army are on the top and civilian govt. is just a puppet..

True. We don't need the truth and we don't want neutral views. Now deal with it. :)

so who will give jobs to those working in geo after their office gets sealed. Just asking if there is any protest by workers there because they lost their job. Or every one has quit their jobs and joined new channels.
Well, it will be back on air . Negotiators/PEMRA will ask GEO management to review their policy and submit apologies to Army. Also stop airing anti-govt Institution programs, plus review Aman ki Asha....If its closed then his employees will be doing what there were doing previously...

Last edited:
PML N is doing ever thing in his power to save geo ...soon the protest against Geo will turn against Sharif clan ...
Nawaz sharif has proved him self dumb like before ,..its like ush ko khud ja k bomb b bethnay ka shuq ha

It is not a matter of who "had it coming". When will the boneheaded people who are responsible realize that bans are no answer, but playing the same game better, is. A ban will turn out to create far more issues than it will resolve.
revoking licences and putting points and banning you from driving and practicing is a regular practice in the west and east no?

in the same spirit , if there are clear laws set out then why a certain business should be treated differently? in the end its just a glorified business that thinks its above the law because of its links with the government and its close relations with ex Chief justice.

might has well disband PEMRA then? as in the words of Najam Shethi. "PEMRA ki Aisyi ki taissi hota kon hay jo Geo ko ban keray?" indeed with such attitude or confidence who can argue against the might of Geo? whats more ? PEMRA has members that are employees of Geo/ Jang group... in Pakistan conflict of interest is an unknown phrase but in the west its a serious violation of rules. No wonder the PEMRA meetings were sabotaged deliberately and the ban order has been retracted now.

suspensions, bans and penalties are used as a deterrent and should be applied without any discrimination. the laws were broken when this group was allowed to become too big for anyone to take on. News of the world with 130 years old history was eventually closed down due to the number of violations and scandals it piled up and its mullti billion dollar owners had to take it on the chin.

why treat Geo differently? what issued did NOT banning resolve or avoid in the past ten years? this group openly taunts and mocks our ideology, pokes fun at our religion and our founding fathers , runs Indian stories on its prime time which we cant care less and of course mocks the military as well not for the sake of journalism but entertainment for those who have their own axes to grind against the military.

to put it mildly, I dont mind criticism of my parent institution, I have my own misgivings but the chronic hate campaign is something I really despise and thus I welcome this situation Geo finds itself, its financially being hurt and I care about its freedom as much as I care about my discarded hair from my body (to put it mildly)

@VCheng

looks like PEMRA is backing off now

Pemra disowns members’ decision to suspend Geo licences - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Last edited:
BoGHY45CcAEkKUl.jpg

Don't Celebrate too early......

Do you see any difference ?
upload_2014-5-21_1-19-14.png

a few on pdf cannot say what people of Pakistan want at large...
geo was a good channel...one of the most popular one...the trp speaks a lot.

You know nothing about Geo. You are just doing your national duty by trolling here. Geo news has been involved in spreading religious hatred for years. Where were you, o great and powerful defender of freedom of expression when they were inciting religious hatred?

Now these same retards have been dealt with the same medicine, and now they are crying. And ignoramuses like you are defending them.

Glad you asked. Bol TV is about to be launched so there will be lots of new jobs in the market soon. Some big anchors are already crossing over.

Well to be very honest, permra won't ban geo and Petitioners will go to the court. I fear the day when court would decide the matter in the favour of the GEO (is it difficult?). Then imagine the power of media, which has Hugh following Pakistan (even after ban, one can often see the shop/place where it is still being played) and is against your own agencies and forces.

In b/w in all these matter, have you noticed that this year budget is not being discussed anywhere ?

Well to be very honest, permra won't ban geo and Petitioners will go to the court. I fear the day when court would decide the matter in the favour of the GEO (is it difficult?). Then imagine the power of media, which has Hugh following Pakistan (even after ban, one can often see the shop/place where it is still being played) and is against your own agencies and forces.

In b/w in all these matter, have you noticed that this year budget is not being discussed anywhere ?
Its not permanent ban, its suspension, until final decision and according to the law, PEMRA has full authority to ban any TV channel.

Back
Top Bottom