What's new

GeoTV licenses suspended by PEMRA

Glad you asked. Bol TV is about to be launched so there will be lots of new jobs in the market soon. Some big anchors are already crossing over.
How many TV channels in Pakistan ?

hehehe...
u can live in ur denial ur whole life ..
but reality will remain reality...

Whose reality Mate ? :cheesy:

An Indian Troller's Reality ?

Your opinion does not matter.

Invalid Opinion. Get lost..... :angry:

Next.......

On Topic, a lesson to the Lifafa Media :

If you take payments from enemy countries , we will shut you down.

You will have no where to hide.

We will HUNT you down and eliminate you.

Burn in Hell , Geo :butcher:

upload_2014-5-21_2-8-33.png

I remember growing up with one channel in pakistan PTV and looks like we are heading that way again.

I fully understand and respect the opinion of people here and within pakistan ,but at the end of the day freedom of speech should have been protected at all cost.

Good riddance. Finally will of the majority laid waste to the will of government eunuchs. Finally this matter will now rest in peace.

they be back.

If cable operators join hands then PEMRA or anyone else will not need to take any action
No need to ban any channel... First you people banned facebook, then youtube...
Backward 6th century people.. :mad::mad:

Last edited:
so who will give jobs to those working in geo after their office gets sealed. Just asking if there is any protest by workers there because they lost their job. Or every one has quit their jobs and joined new channels.

india can give them jobs , they anyway work for promoting indian interests and not Pakistani interests

I remember growing up with one channel in pakistan PTV and looks like we are heading that way again.

I fully understand and respect the opinion of people here and within pakistan ,but at the end of the day freedom of speech should have been protected at all cost.

Freedom of speech doesnt dictate freedom to accuse people without due procedure. Abuse of such freedom should be crubbed harshly. In countries like pakistan where everything is prone to abuse media is no exception. GEO lost its right to freedom of speech when it accused head of our intelligence agency and treated him like a criminal 8 hours straight without any shred of evidence against him.

Freedom of speech doesn't dictate freedom to accuse people without due procedure. Abuse of such freedom should be crubbed harshly. In countries like pakistan where everything is prone to abuse media is no exception. GEO lost its right to freedom of speech when it accused head of our intelligence agency and treated him like a criminal 8 hours straight without any shred of evidence against him.

People used to give one finger salute to president of united states George w bush on the streets of united states and media made fun of him Evey day even when he was president. Just recently JERUSALEM — Ehud Olmert, the brash former prime minister who was on the brink of a peace deal with the Palestinians when he was forced from office on corruption charges, on Tuesday became the most prominent former Israeli leader to be sentenced to prison, with a judge giving him six years for taking bribes while likening him to a traitor.

Smush1 you know how all this is possible cause of freedom of speech enjoyed by media and citizens of these countries, by silencing the voices that raise questions about our elites in pakistan you are making sure no one in the future dare stand up to them,.

I understand what you are saying believe me , but better way for the generals was to take Geo to the courts and have the judge decide who is right and who is wrong.

I dont see GEO being shut down, this will further complicate things... you need to understand that thousands of people work for this network, will those people who are behind this closer provide them with alternate livelihood? if we want to prosper as a society we need to respect difference of opinion. Tolerance is die'g in us

revoking licences and putting points and banning you from driving and practicing is a regular practice in the west and east no?

in the same spirit , if there are clear laws set out then why a certain business should be treated differently? in the end its just a glorified business that thinks its above the law because of its links with the government and its close relations with ex Chief justice.

might has well disband PEMRA then? as in the words of Najam Shethi. "PEMRA ki Aisyi ki taissi hota kon hay jo Geo ko ban keray?" indeed with such attitude or confidence who can argue against the might of Geo? whats more ? PEMRA has members that are employees of Geo/ Jang group... in Pakistan conflict of interest is an unknown phrase but in the west its a serious violation of rules. No wonder the PEMRA meetings were sabotaged deliberately and the ban order has been retracted now.

suspensions, bans and penalties are used as a deterrent and should be applied without any discrimination. the laws were broken when this group was allowed to become too big for anyone to take on. News of the world with 130 years old history was eventually closed down due to the number of violations and scandals it piled up and its mullti billion dollar owners had to take it on the chin.

why treat Geo differently? what issued did NOT banning resolve or avoid in the past ten years? this group openly taunts and mocks our ideology, pokes fun at our religion and our founding fathers , runs Indian stories on its prime time which we cant care less and of course mocks the military as well not for the sake of journalism but entertainment for those who have their own axes to grind against the military.

to put it mildly, I dont mind criticism of my parent institution, I have my own misgivings but the chronic hate campaign is something I really despise and thus I welcome this situation Geo finds itself, its financially being hurt and I care about its freedom as much as I care about my discarded hair from my body (to put it mildly)

@VCheng

looks like PEMRA is backing off now

Pemra disowns members’ decision to suspend Geo licences - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

But Sir, there is a huge difference that you are ignoring. Just what is it that Geo has done to deserve all this anger and punishment? This is nothing but a trial by manipulated mob mentality, not any legal process. There has been no legally acceptable proof presented to support the allegations, merely innuendos and insinuations and expressions of displeasure. Illegal acts have been done to block its signals and to hurt it financially, and you say are happy over this situation. Why?

And trust me Sir, Geo is far more important than your discarded body hair. Its treatment speaks to our barbaric and lawless ways cloaked in patriotism, but we are fooling no one but ourselves. Revoking licences and banning are done according to a due process, not illegal manipulations, but only in a civil society.

The bottom line is that the Army is trying to prove that it alone is the arbiter of what can and cannot be said in the media, and that is absolutely wrong for it to do so. If it succeeds in this illegal campaign against the largest media outlet in the country, then Pakistan will be worse off for it, mark my words, just like we have paid the prices for such foolish acts by the Brass many times before.

The bottom line is that the Army is trying to prove that it alone is the arbiter of what can and cannot be said in the media, and that is absolutely wrong for it to do so. If it succeeds in this illegal campaign against the largest media outlet in the country, then Pakistan will be worse off for it, mark my words, just like we have paid the prices for such foolish acts by the Brass many times before.
its gone beyond the Pakmil .. Geo fancied itself by poking fun at the religious sensitivities and we find is very disgusting
just like anyone in the west will feel disgusted over a bigot who justifies final solution and denies Holocaust

Back
Top Bottom