What's new

Geopolitics of ASEAN+ region

That is an interesting list. Countries that have borders with China, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam will of course have problems with their large and powerful neighbor. Thailand and Cambodia do not have border with China so they are a safe distance away and also they do not have any SCS island disputes with China. Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei, do all of them have SCS island disputes? Is Singapore wary of China for some reason?

Mao actually gave some lands to Myanmar, we are not Russia who only took the lands from its neighbor and never gave it back an inch, and we actually lost a good chunk to them, whether the colonialist or the smaller neighbors.

If you compare the map of the Qing Dynasty to the PRC, you can see much lands we have lost during the last hundred year.

Sorry, but why would ASEAN want 3 small nations to join them, when bigger nations like India can instead.

It will be like Greece in EU, a tragedy!

That is a good question. Would India be able to join ASEAN? Lets here people's opinion on this issue.

Mao actually gave some lands to Myanmar, we are not Russia who only took the lands from its neighbor and never gave it back an inch, and we actually lost a good chunk to them, whether the colonialist or the smaller neighbors.

If you compare the map of the Qing Dynasty to the PRC, you can see much lands we have lost during the last hundred year.

I am not claiming that these states have land disputes with China, just pointing out the fact that usually countries that have common borders have problems, specially if there is a size mis-match, as we see in the case of South Asia. But there are exceptions to the rule.

Sorry, but why would ASEAN want 3 small nations to join them, when bigger nations like India can instead.

It will be like Greece in EU, a tragedy!

India is too big to be received. :lol:
However, India is a big partner of ASEAN.

That is an interesting list. Countries that have borders with China, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam will of course have problems with their large and powerful neighbor. Thailand and Cambodia do not have border with China so they are a safe distance away and also they do not have any SCS island disputes with China. Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei, do all of them have SCS island disputes? Is Singapore wary of China for some reason?

About Singapore, just as the US, Japan ... Singapore shares concerns about freedom of navigation in the SCS. If SCS become China's lake, clear the issue of freedom of navigation will be affected, even though China recently said that she will respect the freedom of navigation...

And expansionism of the giant...

of course our books and our tongue were meant to be demeaning to barbaric races to our east, south, west and north, but they also gave birth to you and your names. you are ineluctably looked down upon and despised in our history, but it is also your history and you have none other, so chinese history and chinese historical memory will forever define barbarian races like viets. you will learn to live with it

it bites to be a viet, doesn't it?

Original han people in han dynastry were living in centre of mainland China's today, they looked down at other peoples as 4 barbarians 西戎、北狄 東夷、南蠻、are living in surrounding. Chinese have been insulting mutual first.

In the past, chinese bited us, like happent 1979.

WarringStatesAll260BCE.jpg

The ancient Han Chinese have seen your ancestors running naked around the jungle, so that's the way they called you. :coffee:

Following your post, your ancester came from Qi Kuo to Shanghai, You are Qi kuo ren, 東夷 dong_ji. You are Eastern barbarian, are naked like such peoples in this photo servants to Han in here under.

220px-China.Terracotta_statues029.jpg

Western-Han pottery tomb statuettes of unclothed servants from 東夷. :enjoy:

The other thing that I forgot to mention is that I think the US will raise the issue of inclusion of ANZ (Australia and New Zealand) in ASEAN+ and exclusion may raise accusation of racism against people of European origin. Should ANZ be included?

The other thing that I forgot to mention is that I think the US will raise the issue of inclusion of ANZ (Australia and New Zealand) in ASEAN+ and exclusion may raise accusation of racism against people of European origin. Should ANZ be included?

In fact, Australia and New Zealand are close partners of ASEAN.
If say ASEAN+ in the sense that add new members, I think that might just be the Timor Leste, PPNG, Bangladesh. I think no any other country (?)

In fact, Australia and New Zealand are close partners of ASEAN.
If say ASEAN+ in the sense that add new members, I think that might just be the Timor Leste, PPNG, Bangladesh. I think no any other country (?)

That will definitely work as a start, since PNG is already an observer, Timor-Leste have applied for membership and Bangladesh is interested to get observer status, which has been supported by Laos so far. Becoming an observer and eventually a full member of ASEAN is a non-partisan issue supported by all major political parties of Bangladesh, AFAIK.

Original han people in han dynastry were living in centre of mainland China's today, they looked down at other peoples as 4 barbarians 西戎、北狄 東夷、南蠻、are living in surrounding. Chinese have been insulting mutual first.

In the past, chinese bited us, like happent 1979.

WarringStatesAll260BCE.jpg

Following your post, your ancester came from Qi Kuo to Shanghai, You are Qi kuo ren, 東夷 dong_ji. You are Eastern barbarian, are naked like such peoples in this photo servants to Han in here under.

220px-China.Terracotta_statues029.jpg

Western-Han pottery tomb statuettes of unclothed servants from 東夷. :enjoy:

How ptiyful,the barbarians who have no writing and no history use Chinese history book to pick a random ancestor。:D
Come on,you have nothing to do with the people living in China ,your ancestors at that time were
living in the Jungle caves where we called Vietnam now。;)

How ptiyful,the barbarians who have no writing and no history use Chinese history book to pick a random ancestor。:D
Come on,you have nothing to do with the people living in China ,your ancestors at that time were

He he, yes, we have nothing to do with peoples living in china, let chinese is insulting themselves as barbarians do, all of you are barbarians.

Actually counties in ASEAN interested to have counties as such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka? I don't think so.

Actually counties in ASEAN interested to have counties as such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka? I don't think so.

I think there is no problem with the current ASEAN members, but will have some problem with the objections of the external powers.
Maybe India, China... will object if the two countries joined ASEAN.
Bangladesh is more likely to join because of the geographical location of her, if she's really determined.
Sri Lanka I think not.
But it also depends on the two governments want to join or not.

That's why I call CCP trash.

Barbarians always come to Chinese museum to look for their history. Why a pity the barbarians even dont have words.

Back
Top Bottom