What's new

Geo TV calling Bangladesh as "minnow" and says Pak "crushed" Bangladesh.

Was these right words used by Geo TV..???

• Yes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Bangalis deserve this

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, Geo TV is hypocrite

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Bangladesh is a cricketing minnow

2) Pakistan did crush Bangladesh, the minnow

For once, good reporting, they got it right.

What do you want them to do, lie about it?

Self hating indeed and can't see past 5 metres it would seem.
agreed they r minnows in cricket ..agreed they were crushed..but thts not the point of discussion... wht would have gone wrong if we shoud have said..."PAK DEFEATED THE WEAKER BANGLADESHI TEAM ..." these words look guud if it were used aginsy india or other country...wait now...i m not trying to achive double standrads here...but we have to muster support in todays world..imagine even bangladesh...being against us in future...
DO U REMEBER THE FIRST TIME WHEN BANGLADSH WON AGAINST PAK WHT DID THEY SAY...."WE DEFEATED PAK ONCE MORE AFTER 1971.."
why was this said coz they were still havng tht hatred ..... but we as a mature nation dont want this....atleast not with them ..this may include using polite words or less insitagting words ( as the discussion is aboit)..this may seem awkward to some but u knw this wht politics it.. :-)

My friend you are totally clueless on how media fuctions I must say ?

Prince Harry news was not aired in an agreement with the British Press that if they agreed to publish the news later in return they would get access to his life there. THERE WAS NO GAG order ?

As regards the dead bodies of soldiers in no first world country will the media publish photos of dead people out of sensitivity for his or hers family and that includes dead Afghanis to. However there is no Govt. law preventing that.

Regards
Being in the military my friend i m Pubilc Affiars Course Qualified from USA... u knw wht our media SUCKS..!!!!! it really does....n u knw it...how many US or UK mediums show stupid n vulgaur things...imagine the most watch tv (Geo) showing the truck hitting the security guard killing him on spot (im talking abt the FIA building suicide bomb in Lahore) again n again.imagine he is ur bro or son...wht would u feel..making the matter worst tht u still have not been notified by the authorities tht he has been killed n u r getting the so called bloody "LIVE" news from Geo tht shows him being shredded..even if u dnt recognize him on TV but u knw he is a guard in FIA n he works in the same f... building....
sit for a moment n try to imagine this scenario...
USA militray or media dnt relaese any info on dead or injured (excpet) how many were thay unless Next of Kin has been notified ..and ofciurse they dnt show dead bodies..on live TV....
they same thing happend on May 4 when MQM screwed in Karachi

I agree next time MUSLIM BROS play any game among themselves no score card should be kept like in Kindergarten schools and gold medals should be given to all teams so no one is offended.

Regards
i dnt mean this my dear....they shoudnt nor any other muslim shud b given any special treatment...but pl refer to my recent comments..thnx

This is OK!

We have often seen Pakistan demolishes India, India too good for Pakistan.

The media has to make it interesting... It's not said to cause offence. English conversation goes about like that.

This is OK!

We have often seen Pakistan demolishes India, India too good for Pakistan.

The media has to make it interesting... It's not said to cause offence. English conversation goes about like that.
i think u didnt read my n others comments thoughly...thts wht we r trying to say....these words r OK...but these r NOT ok in todays world...and espaciallly against r supportor or friends...i will see if pak defeats china in any game..who will let Geo use these kind of words against china...

i think u didnt read my n others comments thoughly...thts wht we r trying to say....these words r OK...but these r NOT ok in todays world...and espaciallly against r supportor or friends...i will see if pak defeats china in any game..who will let Geo use these kind of words against china...

when China defeats Pak in a football match.. the headlines will pretty much read something similar to what Asim or Geo wrote....

Whats the hulla huppa all about. These words are used all the time in the world of sports entertainment. There is nothing disrespecting in it. And please guys stop bringing the muslim brother hood into every thing.

i am trying to find out who ticked the third option in my poll..... :tsk:

urdu...??? didnt get ur point dear... :undecided:

'Crushed' is used in a sporting sense, and Bangladesh are minnows when it comes to cricket. So I don't see why anyone would get upset over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom