What's new

Genocide of Indigenous People in Bangladesh by Muslims

Bombay Dude

BANNED
Reaction score
Indigenous people in Bangladesh could become extinct within the next few decades if their deprivation of rights continues as it had in the past, a top leader of the country's indigenous groups said yesterday.

“There is regular bloodshed in the hills; its extent might go up. Either the peace accord in the hills will be implemented or the jumma people will be extinct,” Jyotirindra Bodhipriya Larma, chairman of Chittagong Hill Tracts Regional Council, told a discussion in Bangladesh capital, Dhaka.

Ten rights bodies jointly hosted the event on the theme of land and human rights of indigenous people ahead of International Day of the World's Indigenous People tomorrow.

While in power, the present ruling party had signed the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) Peace Accord in 1997; but today it lacks goodwill in implementing the deal, said Jyotirindra, popularly known as Santu Larma.

Both the civil and military bureaucracy, he complained, have demonstrated an undemocratic and communal attitude towards the indigenous people, whose land was grabbed by the social and political elites for decades.

“Now we are termed ethnic minorities and tribes, and barred from observing the indigenous peoples' day. This is ridiculous...I see dark days ahead."

Santu Larma, also president of Parbatya Chattagram Janasanghati Samity, urged indigenous people to get united for any kind of movement if they are to sustain their existence.

In his keynote, Prof Abul Barkat of Dhaka University said 22 per cent indigenous people had either been evicted or driven out of their households between 1977 and 2007 mainly by Bangalee settlers in the CHT.

Their traditional social ownership of land came down from 83 per cent in 1978 to 41 per cent in 2009, he added.

On the other hand, 90 per cent of indigenous people of the plains have become landless, mentioned Barkat. He added that the rate of poverty among the indigenous people is much higher than the average national rate of poverty.

“In the last three decades, the number of Bangalee settlers in the hills has gone up, but the number of indigenous people has come down.”

He suggested implementing the CHT peace accord, punishing the land grabbers, forming a separate land commission for the plain land advices and recognizing their traditional land ownership arrangement.

Rashed Khan Menon, chairman of the parliamentary caucus on indigenous people, demanded withdrawal of the government's restriction on observing of the International Day of the World's Indigenous People.

Lawmakers Hasanul Huq Inu, A.K.M. Mozammel Haque, rights activists Sanjeeb Drong, Anna Minz, Syeda Rizwana Hasan, Sara Hossain, Rana Das Gupta and Khushi Kabir, addressed the discussion, moderated by Ain O Salish Kendra Executive Director Sultana Kamal.

Bangladesh's indigenous people face extinction, warns leader | The Jakarta Post

Bengalis aren't even allowed to buy land or emigrate there... so how could they "take over" the land from the tribals? I think the tribals have been selling their land to the already settled Bengalis who were there a long time ago, and complaining. Its quite interesting, that we are told such facts as % of land owned came down, but we are never told HOW the % came down. Its just propaganda by those who want to portray themselves as poor victims of those Evil Muslims, while their brothers are massacring Muslims in neighbouring Myanmar. I don't see why they don't emigrate to Myanmar if they hate it so much here. After the anti-Rohingya riots we must not do anything to appease them. If necessary re settle Rohingyas in their lands.

This is how propaganda is done. This would make goebbels proud.

In the last three decades, the number of Bangalee settlers in the hills has gone up, but the number of indigenous people has come down.”

The main reason why the number of indigenous ppl in the hills have gone down is because they went to cities to look for jobs then settle in the city

Anyway more indigeous ppl are killed by their own than by the bengalis, cause shantu larma's PCJSS is fighting UPDF ( both indigenous political party). Shantu larma is just a politician trying to gather some support for his PCJSS party by doing cheap stunts, but in the end he makes every indigeous ppl look bad cause of his and his parties antics

I'd love to see someone breaking teeth of shantu ras***
BTW,does BD army has the capability to wipe out those shanti terrorists?
nvm super noob question maybe.

Yes i guess, as BD army was almost successful in breaking the backbone of Shanti Bahini ( i guess that was the reason of peace treaty) back in 90s!

Once the Awami ***** league leave office, Aramy should be deployed and crash this scum terrorists for good. This bigot has been giving anti-national and provocative statement lately. Bangladesh land belong to all Bangladeshis. I don't care what's their background. There should be no land left for some particular group. We ain't got luxury of empty land like some other low populated country where we can just allow them whole province.

I'd love to see someone breaking teeth of shantu ras***
BTW,does BD army has the capability to wipe out those shanti terrorists?
nvm super noob question maybe.

They were already wiped out :lol: Just some rats scurrying around now, that's all.

And army presence have been going down since the 90s.

This guy should have at least been in jail.

I thought only Hindu % was officially falling in BD. Very informative indeed. Helps to bring out facts out of all the attempted propaganda by the peaceful apologists.

Yeah, and my fitness trainer is a Chakma :lol:

You lot are free to try again ;)

Yeah, and my fitness trainer is a Chakma :lol:

You lot are free to try again ;)

Actually the % of Hindus falling is as per your official census. As to Chakmas, congratulations on having a Chakma fitness trainer (are they that good that one needs to boast?). But I was referring to the article that quotes the Chakma leaders.

BTW 100,000 Chakma refugees from Bangladesh live in India. Congratulations for keeping your tryst with destiny peaceful people.

Back
Top Bottom