What's new

General Raheel Sharif gets promoted to COAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. From what I've heard he's milder than the rest of the lot and has some of the 'warrior' respect that Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan has, so the Sharif brothers made a political choice.

It only takes an honest man.

Now whether Raheel is popular among the men, I don't know.

I can almost guarantee that Nawaz's criteria included a General that cannot rally the support of the Army. A non-threat and a yes man is what NS would have been looking for.

But again, I have no idea what kind of man General Raheel is.

People report posts on Defence.pk and say Ban him, ban him, ban him. I do what I feel is best because I have been given authority to take independent decision.

It is the Prime Minister's right to determine who is the best for Pakistan. Army may recommend it, but it is the PM whose been given the power to take the final and independent decision. If he would honour Army's decision blindly there is no need to give such a power to the PM. If he does bow down to Army's decision then the media would also eat him alive that he is under the influence of the Army.

The logic is simple, 5 most competent leaders were chosen for selection. He chose one of the 5.

gosh, I must be doing something right, well I do know I am on right, there is no doubt about it. let them whine.... :D

yes nobody said its illegal decision, just off merit, institutional advice is not a decision, its a serious advise which should not be ignored, thats how a SYSTEM works, a System based on merit ofcourse, which obviously most dont understand.

gosh, I must be doing something right, well I do know I am on right, there is no doubt about it. let them whine.... :D

yes nobody said its illegal decision, just off merit, institutional advice is not a decision, its a serious advise which should not be ignored, thats how a SYSTEM works, a System based on merit ofcourse, which obviously most dont understand.
The merit was decided when they were shortlisted to 5 nominees only.

It would be unfair decision if anybody but a shortlisted general was appointed.

let I tell you very interesting that Nawaz Sharif selected 3 COAS...Asif Nawaz, Gen Musharaf and now Gen Raheel....on the approval list all are on #03.....is number 3 is lucky number???

The merit was decided when they were shortlisted to 5 nominees only.

It would be unfair decision if anybody but a shortlisted general was appointed.

ignoring institutional recommendation and going with your own choice is not merit. short listing 5 by whom, when, where ?

Congratulations to Lt. Gen Raheel Sharif and the entire Pakistani Population on their new Chief of Army Staff, who we had the opportunity to host in March.
2233.jpg

Lt. Gen. Halverson, deputy commanding general of U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, hosts a March 18 bilateral senior officer visit with Lt. Gen. Raheel Sharif, Pakistan inspector general for Training and Evaluation, at TRADOC headquarters at Fort Eustis. LTG Raheel led a delegation to gain a better understanding of how the U.S. Army is organized and resourced to manage service-level training programs and discuss common challenges within our armies. Their visit also includes a visit to the Joint Readiness Training Center. (U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Steven Schneider)

Haroon Ahmad
DET - U.S. Central Command
United States Central Command - Urdu - MacDill Air Force Base, FL - Government Organization | Facebook

lets see he has how many% of his brother braveness

Big surprise !! another shareef . To many sharefs will spoil the Broth !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom