What's new

General Cricket thread

Played really well in Australia's domestic cup, might get a chance.

True, let's wait and watch. I think what was more humiliating was the way the lost the series. Very poor cricket.
I have heard a lot about Fawad Khan but never really watched him playing. I trust your opinion.... I hope Aussies will select him for the next match an then we all can see him performing

In either case, all my support is for England and I wish them very best of luck

I have heard a lot about Fawad Khan but never really watched him playing. I trust your opinion.... I hope Aussies will select him for the next match an then we all can see him performing
We have next series with Zimbabwe, what'll happen if we lose an ODI against them. Out of champions trophy?

We have next series with Zimbabwe, what'll happen if we lose an ODI against them. Out of champions trophy?
I think the decider will be against Pakistan vs West Indies...

We still have slim chance of saving the spot at Champions Trophy if we lost against Zimbabwe

England wins the Ashes series. Australia unable to match England(who would have thought). England batting better, bowling much better. Clark's last game of International Cricket. Last game left. Your thoughts on the series yet?
@Jungibaaz ,@Winchester ,@Aether ,@KURUMAYA @Arsalan ......

Ever get the time to, do go through the OP. Some very interesting videos and etc, etc.....

These Aussie players can't play the moving ball plus don't have the temperament to stuck it out in the middle...
In Australia they are used to the pace and bounce but no lateral movement so the likes of Warner would smash you just staying on the back foot in those conditions.
In the UAE too they couldn't handle the spin so just tried to hit it out and failed miserably.
Except S.A maybe no other country now-a-days is capable enough to survive in foreign conditions.

These Aussie players can't play the moving ball plus don't have the temperament to stuck it out in the middle...
In Australia they are used to the pace and bounce but no lateral movement so the likes of Warner would smash you just staying on the back foot in those conditions.
In the UAE too they couldn't handle the spin so just tried to hit it out and failed miserably.
Except S.A maybe no other country now-a-days is capable enough to survive in foreign conditions.
I think if Pakistan tours foreign countries more often, i don't see why we can't. We have some capable players and a settled test team, our bowling is strong(speaking in test format). I think in a couple of years we too can match that standard.
On topic: good analysis.

No we are safe i think
By the time we play Zimbabwe the spots for champions trophy will be decided.
The only concern albeit a slim one is India inviting Westindies and losing the series.

I think if Pakistan tours foreign countries more often, i don't see why we can't. We have some capable players and a settled test team, our bowling is strong(speaking in test format). I think in a couple of years we too can match that standard.
On topic: good analysis.

Pakistan did tour SA and lost 3-0
Although with Azhar and Asad we have two players who have goodish techniques.
Pakistan have a tough 2016 touring Nzl, Eng and Aus so i guess we will find out soon.

Is the series confirmed?
Nup very slim chances
But can't trust the BCCI....the WICB would be trying their best to covince them.

PSL starting next year, but in UAE or Qatar :hitwall:, what's the point. Anyway very welcome.
@Aether ,@Winchester .......
PSL starts every next year... We have been hearing this since the launch of IPL. Sometimes they don't find enough sponsors in the end, sometimes they postpone citing security reasons and sometimes they would not be able to squeeze in with rest of the on going tournaments.

I know PSL might just happen this time as they have probably used up all the possible excuses but it is not to be surprised if it's postponed again at the very last moment.

PSL will only be a success if it manages to sell something already not covered by Big Bash, IPL or Super League. PSL will need to give away big money to attract foreign players and PCB being the 4th richest cricketing board in the world also often backed/intervened by the Government of Pakistan has the capacity to fetch in some money from its internal resources but the longer sustanability of such tournament relies on the long term sponsorship.

I know Pakistani-American billionaire, Shahid Khan once expressed his desire to buy a franchise in PSL in a video tweet and some Media groups such as Geo and Ary might want to stake a claim at PSL but it is yet to be seen who else can truly invest in franchising in PSL. I know some Banks might do that such as Bank Alfalah who sponsors cricket tournaments in Pakistan but I am not sure if that is enough support PCB is looking for as they had all these interested stakeholders in mind before they postponed PSL last year and I am just speculating as I am not sure if any of these giants have interest in sponsoring PSL in the first place.

The future of PSL will be decided after it launched the first tournament successfully

PSL starts every next year... We have been hearing this since the launch of IPL. Sometimes they don't find enough sponsors in the end, sometimes they postpone citing security reasons and sometimes they would not be able to squeeze in with rest of the on going tournaments.
I have been waiting for a long time now, really stupid to see this happening every year.
I know PSL might just happen this time as they have probably used up all the possible excuses but it is not to be surprised if it's postponed again at the very last moment.
True.
PSL will only be a success if it manages to sell something already not covered by Big Bash, IPL or Super League. PSL will need to give away big money to attract foreign players and PCB being the 4th richest cricketing board in the world also often backed/intervened by the Government of Pakistan has the capacity to fetch in some money from its internal resources but the longer sustanability of such tournament relies on the long term sponsorship.
PCB needs to start it, sure there will be set backs at start, no profit, in fact loss but a couple of years later things will run smooth, have to give it a go, kick start it.
I know Pakistani-American billionaire, Shahid Khan once expressed his desire to buy a franchise in PSL in a video tweet and some Media groups such as Geo and Ary might want to stake a claim at PSL but it is yet to be seen who else can truly invest in franchising in PSL. I know some Banks might do that such as Bank Alfalah who sponsors cricket tournaments in Pakistan but I am not sure if that is enough support PCB is looking for as they had all these interested stakeholders in mind before they postponed PSL last year and I am just speculating as I am not sure if any of these giants have interest in sponsoring PSL in the first place
Sponsorship wise there is a huge potential, take Haier for example, there are many other companies who would want to sponsor, lets wait and see.
The future of PSL will be decided after it launched the first tournament successfully
True, though i'd love to see it happening in Pakistan.
PCB announce contract categories for PSL players | ARY NEWS

PSL starting next year, but in UAE or Qatar :hitwall:, what's the point. Anyway very welcome.
@Aether ,@Winchester .......

Holding the first edition in the U.A.E makes sense if we want to attract the top stars plus there is a successful precedent when IPL was held there.

Qatar could be a disaster...we have to compete against the likes of Big Bash, the CPL and the about to be held franchise T-20 in England...empty stadiums which we would get in Qatar would kill the buzz of the league.

I also hope the franchises are city based and not province based with each province getting a team...it would be hard for fans to connect with teams in that way.

All successful leagues are city based hopefully the babus at the PCB realize this.

Holding the first edition in the U.A.E makes sense if we want to attract the top stars plus there is a successful precedent when IPL was held there.
true.
I also hope the franchises are city based and not province based with each province getting a team...it would be hard for fans to connect with teams in that way.
Same here.

SL is turning it on against Ind in Galle test. Defending just 175 runs, they have got Ind in all sorts of troubles at 78/7.

From Cricinfo:

India scoring at under two an over. They have been going on and on about aggression under their new leader as if they have invented the word, but when it mattered, they have caved in meekly. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom