What's new

General Cricket thread

I think Rizwan hasn't performed bad either but when you have 2 players contending for the same spot, you should choose the best of out of the lot. I think Sarfraz deserves a permanent place either as a wicketkeeper or a genuine batsmen if the team wants to experiment with the wicketkeeping role even more. It is like AB de Villiers was a wicketkeeper and then they found Quaton de kock so they changed the role of De Villiers as a genuine batsmen and still playing de Kock as a wicketkeeper and whenever the need arises De Villiers replace him as a wicketkeeper to create one more place for extra batsmen or a bowler. Rizwan should be around but Sarfraz is the utmost priority
True, they played Rizwan as a batsmen in ODI's.
The way ICC is taking action against Pak Spinner.....Shoaib Malik, might also face an enquiry :D
And Yasir Shah, he is bowling very well in tests.

11695984_851559358225549_5522653306806284035_n.jpg

Did i not tell you Umer Akmal would fail, @KURUMAYA ? givign him chances is a disgrace in itself. Unless he improves his game, no chance.
Other than that what a great game of cricket, first half of second innings i was about to leave, the Afridi hit some sixes, hope was alive. The rest is history. What a great game.
@Winchester ...

Why is Misbah hated? Why is he not in the same class as the likes of Imran Khan, Javed Miadad? has he not given his everything for the team? there were times when even our rivals respected him more than us. He became captain when Pakistan team had no respect. Is he not the reason team has been free of corruption allegations for such a long time or stupid rivalries in dressing room. In fact Misbah has made this team click as a unit and introduced a new trend. Questions are enough, no further description needed.
@KURUMAYA ,@Winchester ,@Menace2Society ,@Devil Soul .....

Misbah deserves a lot of respect after the spot fixing scandal he basically held things together....he has made Pakistan into a formidable test team and practically unbeatable in U.A.E conditions.
But it is also true that he was holding the one day team back with his style of play....consider Pakistan now being successful because what is Shoaib Malik doing now rotating the strike and keeping the innings going at a steady rate exactly what Misbah was unable to do so during his tenure...which resulted in Pakistan going down to 8th in the rankings.
The tour to South Africa was also a blip in his captaincy where we lost 3-0 in the test series...
His place in history is that after Imran he is Pakistan best captain in the highest form of the game *test match cricket and except Afridiots no one can take that away from him.

Misbah deserves a lot of respect after the spot fixing scandal he basically held things together....he has made Pakistan into a formidable test team and practically unbeatable in U.A.E conditions.
My point exactly, non-Pakistani cricket fans have more respect for him than us.

Beat England 3-0, they were number 1 in the world. Tied with SA, 1-1, they were number 1 in the world. Beat Australia 2-0, they were number one in the world.

Giving chances to the likes of Akmal is out of my understanding, his mentality is questioned a lot. I agree, in fact Rizwan shouldn't be played. Noman should take Akmals place in T20s. Noman is a power hitter, a clean hitter. Played really well in Domestic tournament.

We should get Noman in place of Shehzad....you can't have Hafeez and Shehzad in the same team.
Actually would much rather have Hafeez in the team even now.
Shehzad wastes the power play overs and can't seem to rotate the strike and against good attacks he won't be able to get the loose balls.
The next T-20 world cup is in India and we may have to face scores of around 200 given our bowling is not that strong anymore.
We can't afford an opener who takes 15-20 bowls to get going and wastes the power play overs.

We should get Noman in place of Shehzad....you can't have Hafeez and Shehzad in the same team.
Actually would much rather have Hafeez in the team even now.
Shehzad wastes the power play overs and can't seem to rotate the strike and against good attacks he won't be able to get the loose balls.
The next T-20 world cup is in India and we may have to face scores of around 200 given our bowling is not that strong anymore.
We can't afford an opener who takes 15-20 bowls to get going and wastes the power play overs.
Shahzad deserves a spot in the team, his record in T20's is very good. Shahzad and Hafeez in my opinion are two settled players, they won't get dropped. Noman should be preferred over shitty Umer Akmal. Umer akmal should stop playing cricket until he get's his brain fixed. Chances over Chances, very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom