What's new

General Cricket thread

Misbah was indeed the greatest player we produced since last 10 years... No doubt in that

Younis Khan dates back to early 2000s or late 1990s and should have been equally respected. The captaincy skills of Misbah far supersedes this his rivals of Afridi, Younis and others and his batting skills has been true example of how to build a game.

I hate to see mountain load of criticism after loosing one game. OK to rest Sarfaraz, guy is playing all formats, for the love of. Nothing wrong in trying Rizwan. Our media needs attention.
Well a perfect example of ... "Metha Metha Yum Yum, Karwa Karwa Tuh Tuh" :P

Misbah was indeed the greatest player we produced since last 10 years... No doubt in that

Younis Khan dates back to early 2000s or late 1990s and should have been equally respected. The captaincy skills of Misbah far supersedes this his rivals of Afridi, Younis and others and his batting skills has been true example of how to build a game.
Well said.
He has done a great job in keeping the team free of controversies too.

CLWfCgJUYAA7ZGG.jpg

Well said.
He has done a great job in keeping the team free of controversies too.
He has been the face of Pakistan cricket.. When he tookover, Afridi had suddenly retired from Test Cricket during on-going cricket tournament in England in middle of the tournament... Salman Butt tookover and that famous match of spot-fixing took place.

Misbah made sure that no such controversies takes place forever and lead from the front like a true leader. We had lost our benchmark strength of the key batsmen and bowlers but it wasn't long to recover back from that set back.

He has been the face of Pakistan cricket.. When he tookover, Afridi had suddenly retired from Test Cricket during on-going cricket tournament in England in middle of the tournament... Salman Butt tookover and that famous match of spot-fixing took place.

Misbah made sure that no such controversies takes place forever and lead from the front like a true leader. We had lost our benchmark strength of the key batsmen and bowlers but it wasn't long to recover back from that set back.
And seeing him getting literally abused in the process was the worst thing to witness. He deserves to be rated in the same class as the likes of Imran Khan, if not higher. His services for Pakistan team will never be forgotten. He is one of the fewest who just doesn't know when to give up. Others give more respect to him than us Pakistanis.

And seeing him getting literally abused in the process was the worst thing to witness. He deserves to be rated in the same class as the likes of Imran Khan, if not higher. His services for Pakistan team will never be forgotten. He is one of the fewest who just doesn't know when to give up. Others give more respect to him than us Pakistanis.
You are right.

When Misbah had a team, He had not lost a single test match (or may be 1) for his first 10+ matches as a captain if my memory is correct. His performance was already regarded as the best in the history of Pakistan close to the best in the history of cricket.

Then so many players were sacked or retired and controversies chapter brought so much inconsistency and Misbah remained the lone performer in the team. We were witnessing matches like Pakistan 30/4 and Misbah batting alone and Pakistan reaching 220-250 and then losing it to opponents due to poor score. But the point to noitce is Misbah mostly performed in all those matches and brought us to respectable total. It is rest of the team which led us to defeat and tarnishing his captaincy record.

By the time he left, I think we had managed to build some sort of consistency in the team and despite the fact we have new faces once again, we are seeing the same tradition of punctuality amongst the young batch of lads The influence of Misbah in test has made the difference, Azhar Ali too is trying to copy Misbah in my opinion so his performance is also getting better and Afridi too stopped becoming part of controversies and focusing only on T-20

Then so many players were sacked or retired and controversies chapter brought so much inconsistency and Misbah remained the lone performer in the team. We were witnessing matches like Pakistan 30/4 and Misbah batting alone and Pakistan reaching 220-250 and then losing it to opponents due to poor score. But the point to noitce is Misbah mostly performed in all those matches and brought us to respectable total. It is rest of the team which led us to defeat and tarnishing his captaincy record.
True, same in ODI's. Note: currently the most successful captain in test.
The influence of Misbah in test has made the difference, Azhar Ali too is trying to copy Misbah in my opinion so his
Misbah has developed a great player in Ahzar, good to see Azhar taking up Misbahs mantle, which is no easy job. Players like Haris, Azhar, Shehzad have also learnt a lot from Misbah. there is a sense of respect for each other in the dressing room, which too is great too see. And now we are bearing the fruits of all that hard-work. Team is playing very well in test. In time we can be a very competitive team in ODI's and T20's too.

@Aether , a great player we have found in Sarfaraz, he is consistently scoring and wicket keeping is improving by the day. We had some serious wicket keeper problems. Good to see.

True, same in ODI's. Note: currently the most successful captain in test.

Misbah has developed a great player in Ahzar, good to see Azhar taking up Misbahs mantle, which is no easy job. Players like Haris, Azhar, Shehzad have also learnt a lot from Misbah. there is a sense of respect for each other in the dressing room, which too is great too see. And now we are bearing the fruits of all that hard-work. Team is playing very well in test. In time we can be a very competitive team in ODI's and T20's too.
Just few years back, all the analysts ruled out our chance of winning the test series against South Africa, Australia and England and we always surprised them after wining a test series against each of them. (I think just drawn the test series agaisnt South Africa but not sure). The ex-cricketers always took us lightly and ignored the talent and we were always there surprising them under Misbah's captaincy.

Remember Paksitan defeated England when they were number 1 ranked test team in the world. Pakistan managed to draw a test series against South Africa from winning position (if my memory is correct and I think they also won 1 series against SA) and also beaten Australia comprehensively.

Pakistan also defeated India, Sri Lanka (multiple times) and other countries but we were always not taken seriously before the series of SA, Aus and Eng so hence giving a special mention to them.

Aether , a great player we have found in Sarfaraz, he is consistently scoring and wicket keeping is improving by the day. We had some serious wicket keeper problems. Good to see.
Totally agree with you,

I fail to understand the reason for not playing Sarfraz in every match. OK you want to make his back-up, but even Sarfraz is a new player and need chances. If his backup (Rizwan) performs well does that mean you will totally sideline Sarfraz in future? He has been the most consistent performer alongside Azhar Ali in both tests and ODIs.

If you want to experiment with extra bunch of players, then why not play him as a batsmen? He is been doing better than the likes of Akmals and the young talent being introduced in every series.

Just few years back, all the analysts ruled out our chance of winning the test series against South Africa, Australia and England and we always surprised them after wining a test series against each of them. (I think just drawn the test series agaisnt South Africa but not sure). The ex-cricketers always took us lightly and ignored the talent and we were always there surprising them under Misbah's captaincy.
Beat England 3-0, they were number 1 in the world. Tied with SA, 1-1, they were number 1 in the world. Beat Australia 2-0, they were number one in the world.
If you want to experiment with extra bunch of players, then why not play him as a batsmen? He is been doing better than the likes of Akmals and the young talent being introduced in every series.
Giving chances to the likes of Akmal is out of my understanding, his mentality is questioned a lot. I agree, in fact Rizwan shouldn't be played. Noman should take Akmals place in T20s. Noman is a power hitter, a clean hitter. Played really well in Domestic tournament.

Beat England 3-0, they were number 1 in the world. Tied with SA, 1-1, they were number 1 in the world. Beat Australia 2-0, they were number one in the world.

Giving chances to the likes of Akmal is out of my understanding, his mentality is questioned a lot. I agree, in fact Rizwan shouldn't be played. Noman should take Akmals place in T20s. Noman is a power hitter, a clean hitter. Played really well in Domestic tournament.
Thanks for the info

I think Rizwan hasn't performed bad either but when you have 2 players contending for the same spot, you should choose the best of out of the lot. I think Sarfraz deserves a permanent place either as a wicketkeeper or a genuine batsmen if the team wants to experiment with the wicketkeeping role even more. It is like AB de Villiers was a wicketkeeper and then they found Quaton de kock so they changed the role of De Villiers as a genuine batsmen and still playing de Kock as a wicketkeeper and whenever the need arises De Villiers replace him as a wicketkeeper to create one more place for extra batsmen or a bowler. Rizwan should be around but Sarfraz is the utmost priority

Can't play 'em, ban 'em: ICC's logic. Bechara Hafeez, first they clear him, then they ban him.
The way ICC is taking action against Pak Spinner.....Shoaib Malik, might also face an enquiry :D

Back
Top Bottom