What's new

Gen. Kiyani issues a warning to Zardari to clean up his mess!

Musharraf's government was already crumbling on account of internal strife, (primarily the CJ issue) the US had nothing to do with that. Supporting BB (the only other serious contender in the Pakistani democratic process) in light of the impending implosion of the Musharraf government was the most responsible thing to do. I don't think either her untimely assassination or Zardari's accidental ascent to power was expected, and the US certainly didn't play a role in any of that. Favoring BB or rigging elections would have been worthy of censure; but that clearly wasn't the case.

You can't fault the US for supporting a democratic process in Pakistan when that is what most of its people seemed to desire at the time; and the fact that the current dictator general had managed to shoot himself in the foot. The problem isn't American support, but rather a qualitatively poor cohort of leaders and a disheveled political establishment that hasn't been able to sustain itself for a very, very long time.

In order to support BB her sins had to be white washed - that is essentially the root of the problem, since it perpetuated the internal Pakistani tensions over the judiciary. What the US did by pushing BB was to merely extend Musharraf's mistakes on the judiciary. BB would be in the same position as Zardari now, since allowing the judiciary to be restored would be just as much of an anathema to her.

What the US should have done was to engage with the political parties, and not individuals. The political parties would have had to decide whether both the Sharifs and Bhutto's should be given a clean state, and given that unlikelihood of any side winning a large enough majority to ramrod through a one sided proposal, a compromise would have been made.

i think this news is quite exagerated... he might have discussed political situation with zardari and adviced him to get the situation under control..
i really want kyani to pressurise zardari to set things rit. in this case gov might end up completing her tenure which is wat our country needs. no one can say anything for sure that wat will come out of next elections. if PML-N wins then PPP will be in opposition meaning they ll be doin the same thing wat nawaz sharif is doin these days. everyone knows wat will happen in karachi if PPP and MQM are both in opposition.

Musharraf's government was already crumbling on account of internal strife, (primarily the CJ issue) the US had nothing to do with that. Supporting BB (the only other serious contender in the Pakistani democratic process) in light of the impending implosion of the Musharraf government was the most responsible thing to do. I don't think either her untimely assassination or Zardari's accidental ascent to power was expected, and the US certainly didn't play a role in any of that. Favoring BB or rigging elections would have been worthy of censure; but that clearly wasn't the case.

You can't fault the US for supporting a democratic process in Pakistan when that is what most of its people seemed to desire at the time; and the fact that the current dictator general had managed to shoot himself in the foot. The problem isn't American support, but rather a qualitatively poor cohort of leaders and a disheveled political establishment that hasn't been able to sustain itself for a very, very long time.
Mushahid Hussain a close supporter of Musharraf has already admitted that Rice strongly facilitated the deal between Mush and BB.

i don't want to take you out of your fantasy world so keep believe in self established theory of imperialism of India.
prepare your self mentally for fall of Pakistan and India's 'imperialistic advance' and you can't do **** about it.:agree::chilli::victory:
[message is meant for communist only]

I just said what I believe. By the way, you perhaps do not represent the top bureaucratic officials (IAS & IPS) and chief secretaries, even neither RAW, nor IB. And I tell you Mr, do not think that your ministers run your country, it is the secretaries, the permanent govt officials who run the country. Yes Ministers have some rights to pass a decision, but all decisions are taken by gazetted ranked officials who work behind the curtain. I am not that uneducated, as you are thinking. You are a common citizen and yes here everybody is a common citizen, and I tell, being an Indian citizen, you do not have access to see some secret files, and therefore, your point of view reflects ek aam aadmi's point of view...
Let me tell you I came here not to waste my time and if I see, I am wasting my time, I will never come, I am very practical. I came to share my views with others and learn more. You do not know my identity and will never know.

And whether my views are right or wrong, time will tell. There is something more than meets the eye. Good Bye.

Well, before going one thing let me tell you, you see your media... do you know your media persons have somehow been hijacked by a system? Do you know to start a newspaper one must have RNI number where certain guidelines are mentioned and violating them will result in losing the RNI...? Your media is not independent, as your electronic media houses have some similar guidelines given by the Ministry Information and Broadcasting, where some top govt officials decide no matter who the minister of the Ministry is...

Last edited:
In order to support BB her sins had to be white washed - that is essentially the root of the problem, since it perpetuated the internal Pakistani tensions over the judiciary. What the US did by pushing BB was to merely extend Musharraf's mistakes on the judiciary. BB would be in the same position as Zardari now, since allowing the judiciary to be restored would be just as much of an anathema to her.

What the US should have done was to engage with the political parties, and not individuals. The political parties would have had to decide whether both the Sharifs and Bhutto's should be given a clean state, and given that unlikelihood of any side winning a large enough majority to ramrod through a one sided proposal, a compromise would have been made.
I think you're giving the USA far too much credit here. BB unilaterally embarked upon a publicity/political campaign the minute Musharraf's establishement started faltering. She went all over the world selling her case and more importantly, generated a massive following in Pakistan by capitalizing on the democracy issue. In response, Musharraf through his trusted deputies launched his own counter campaign following her footsteps; however, eventually he realized that he would have to deal with BB on account of his declining popularity and her new found fame. Both of them took this fight global as individuals; no third parties played a role in this. Pakistani politics like it or not is heavily influenced by individual personalities, and the effect is all the more exaggerated when the incumbent leader is a military dictator. It wasn't up to the US to attempt and change the nature of Pakistani politics by approaching various political parties; and even if that were done people would now be complaining about unwarranted micromanagement.

The US merely facilitated talks between two high profile Pakistani politicians who threw their own hats into the ring with the understanding that their involvement would give the process some level of credibility and not doing so would only result in the further destabilization within Pakistan. However, the discussion points including the dropping of criminal charges etc. were formulated way before the negotiations even took place, in fact both sides addressed these in detail when indulging in the said publicity/political campaign; and subsequently all their settlements were internal. At no point in time did the US state dept. force anyone to drop charges against BB and Zardari or influenced the legal process. Jurisprudence in Pakistan has always been a joke, everyone from military dictators to drug abusing fast bolwers know this, and have continually exploited the system in their favor since it's inception. Furthermore, this particular group of people are notable experts at shredding Pakistani law in their own right and they merely carried forward with the things they do best.

The point however remains that the USA had absolutely nothing to do with this and pitting the blame on us now is a pointless endeavor.

Mushahid Hussain a close supporter of Musharraf has already admitted that Rice strongly facilitated the deal between Mush and BB.
Sure... they mediated the talks in all earnest. But the people who wanted to talk were there on their own volition discussing issues important to them (as potential representatives of the Pakistani people). Also they were forced to the negotiation table on account of their own fortunes/misfortunes and the eventual outcome (Zardari being president) was on account of many other factors beyond the realm of US policy.

naah I dont think so. nobody becomes anyones ***** on their own volition.this is an opinion basedd question.

Yes, that would be great.If Kiyani can manage to throw both Nawaz and Zardari out of government and somehow get Imran Khan into power.We need to give chances to other people too but i think Kiyani will not take over in a coup style.

Imran Khan:sick: would be disastrous for Pakistan. His stance on WOT and internal affairs will isolate Pakistan diplomatically. Not to mention the economic effects. God forbid, if he ever comes to power. As Gen. Musharraf said "Pakistan ka Allah hi hafiz hai":cry:

Imran Khan is nextdoor neighbor of Aitizaz Ahsan (one of the biggest known traitors of Pakistan).
This gives birth to many conspiracy theories, specially when we see Imran Khan speaking against US and WOT.
I have heard Imran Khan arguing on various TV debates and he failed to be convincing specially when he associate iftikhar ch. with free judiciary.
Only Cheif justice of Pakistan who had been convicted of corruption, chnging verdicts upon taking bribes and much more.
I'm not interested at all in Imran Khan.

Last edited:
I heard this only on Indian News Channels, No Pakistani News channel has reported such incident so far, I think may be tomorrow some Pakistani channel will give some news on this issue if its True.

It was funny, when Khan Saheb went (a self imposed perception of crackdown)underground during Musharraf rule, and sending message to revolt against Musharraf . After day or two he came out when media didn't pay attention. That was a JOKE.

All General Kayani can do is threaten because it is impossible to remove Zardari no one will allow him to know one will help him and on top of that Zardari has the blessings of US

Shall politicians be granted free hand and issue excutive orders like kings?
or call for civil disobedience?

What if Zardari impose emergency? don't forget constitution permits emergency under prevailing conditions.

Even martial is justified and Kiyani have no role in present day political senario.

Irony is that Sharif brothers were convicted by the courts when supreme court was headed by Iftikhar ch.

Last edited:
Shall politicians be granted free hand and issue excutive orders like kings?
or call for civil disobedience?

Politicians most of them usually are people elected by Pakistanis and if in civil disobedience people take part you sir cannot consider even one Pakistani's voice unheard if civil disobedience is civil then I don't think that anyone has the right to deny them this right as for executive orders it is a step bought by a dictator and being used by Zardari that most people wish to terminete.

Back
Top Bottom