What's new

Gen. Kiyani issues a warning to Zardari to clean up his mess!

c'mon batman sir, we have been in a much worse situation than this (71")..

I think we should give democracy a chance...atleast 5 yrs..only than we can anaylse what's more suitable for people of pakistan..i.e dictatorship or democracy..:pakistan:

raheel1, sir
i am sorry to differ with you, my friend!
democracy, democracy & democracy, it never worked out in pakistan, plz check the history of pakistan, from 1947 till now, same faces, same families, same system, same selfishness, same games we are playing from last 60 odd years?
i guss its time to change, I am not in the favour of pakarmy 's role in politics, but as the situation for today, politicians cant run the country, so what should we do next?
let the selfish politicians, play thier dirty games for more 4 years?
let pakistan become a joke, in the world?:tsk:

also , from the frist day of his office(GEN.KIYANI) , I CRITISIZED him for his appointment as a coas , because he was appointed , by the ask of a direct call by US admin, at that point musharaf did it because, he thought GEN.KIYANI would remain his loyal, & he will be PRESIDENT of PAKISTAN as long as he needs, but what happened ?:hitwall:
USA played the double game, gen kiyani did what was requried by US!

i guss, pakistan needs its own mind with its own dececions, PAK ARMY should take things under its control, kick out all the politicians, from the power, should form a council to run country for 15 years.:agree:

A council or a working unit, which should be based of experts from all he major education institutons of pakistan, for each & evry probleum , which pakistan is facing now! with clear targets .
there should be a study , a review of the constitution & of the democrtic system , its failurs & purposed editions, systemticaly? & it shouldnt be done in hurry, 15 years should be spent to get, the realistic system which can work in pakistan. :angry:
And after 15 years, powers should be divided in to!

PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN.(defence & investment)

vice PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN (energy, devolpment, health ,external affairs,trade & commerece)

PRIMEMINSTER OF PAKISTAN(internal affairs, accountiblity, +++)

No more peoples allowed to form , any poltical group or party who had any relationship with parties which are running the dirty game now?:angry::agree::angry:

raheel1, sir
i am sorry to differ with you, my friend!
democracy, democracy & democracy, it never worked out in pakistan, plz check the history of pakistan, from 1947 till now, same faces, same families, same system, same selfishness, same games we are playing from last 60 odd years?
i guss its time to change, I am not in the favour of pakarmy 's role in politics, but as the situation for today, politicians cant run the country, so what should we do next?
let the selfish politicians, play thier dirty games for more 4 years?
let pakistan become a joke, in the world?:tsk:

Yes looking at the history everytime Pakistan started to gain its own voice politicians were removed so that Army could take over, what is the first thing they did go and join complete hands with the US and make Pakistan appear as a US ally not an independant.

i guss, pakistan needs its own mind with its own dececions, PAK ARMY should take things under its control, kick out all the politicians, from the power, should form a council to run country for 15 years.:agree:

And do what spend another 15 years doing Lal-Masjid Baluchistan terrorism and things god help us if your plans come into action.

A council or a working unit, which should be based of experts from all he major education institutons of pakistan, for each & evry probleum , which pakistan is facing now! with clear targets .
there should be a study , a review of the constitution & of the democrtic system , its failurs & purposed editions, systemticaly? & it shouldnt be done in hurry, 15 years should be spent to get, the realistic system which can work in pakistan. :angry:
And after 15 years, powers should be divided in to!

PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN.(defence & investment)

vice PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN (energy, devolpment, health ,external affairs,trade & commerece)

PRIMEMINSTER OF PAKISTAN(internal affairs, accountiblity, +++)

No more peoples allowed to form , any poltical group or party who had any relationship with parties which are running the dirty game now?:angry::agree::angry:

Council of Educated people will get steam roled in the international media they have all been pro democracy how will they serve under the army?

Who will take this power where the politicians waited 10 years they can wait another 15 it will make no difference hasn't President Musharrafs reign taught people with your kind of ideas anything.

Sitting here 10,000 miles away, I can see that Pervez Musharraf is the BEST current civilian leader Pakistan could have. If he were elected in his own right by popular election, he would be the best fit to all the conflicting constituencies. He is not corrupt. He has the confidence of the Army. He has democratic tendencies but isn't a demagogue. He has experience. His family came from the Indian side of the partition. And he is patriotic and loves his country. I think he is also intelligent.

Elect Musharraf!!

Sitting here 10,000 miles away, I can see that Pervez Musharraf is the BEST current civilian leader Pakistan could have. If he were elected in his own right by popular election, he would be the best fit to all the conflicting constituencies. He is not corrupt. He has the confidence of the Army. He has democratic tendencies but isn't a demagogue. He has experience. His family came from the Indian side of the partition. And he is patriotic and loves his country. I think he is also intelligent.

Elect Musharraf!!

Sadly what Musharraf did during his last 2-3 years has made him a very controversial figure and his amnesty of all the thugs in Pakistani Politics via NRO was rightly seen as a total 180 degree turn from his initial aim to rid Pakistan of corruption!
Had he held elections and left by 2005, he would still have retained a lot of his supporters in public.
Right now people want a change and Musharraf is very unlikely to be the person who qualifies in the eyes of majority of Pakistanis.
The movement currently going strong with the public is basically against NRO and restoration of judiciary and both are still seen as anti Musharraf demands (despite Zardari's negative role).
PML-N is gaining tremendous popularity and they are absolutely against Musharraf.
Just the ground reality which we cannot ignore.

Elect Musharraf!!
I'm more or less leaning towards Imran Khan, provided his current progression continues for the next 5 years. That guy is Pakistan's Obama, and he will rise in popularity within the next 5 years.

He beautifully put it 13 years ago, Pakistan's problem is a problem of justice. Today the fight is not about democracy, Islam, militancy. What matters to people like me, is that justice should be served. There are serving members of Supreme Court who validated the NRO as legal and stated that Whatever corruption cases that were there between 1989 and 1999 are now void. What sort of justice is there when in Pakistani jails there are people languishing there for 6 years where if the cases were actually carried forward they would've been sentenced for 6 months. And these ultra criminals, launderers of billions of dollars, get off on a BS argument of National Reconciliation?

Imran's political party is called, Tehreek-e-Insaaf, Urdu for "Movement for Justice". This guy thinks like Musharraf, he was a strong musharraf supporter till the 2002 elections, Musharraf held. He was okay with Musharraf's first 3 years, which was something he requested the entire nation for. He made many speeches pleading his case and it all made sense. Then in 2002 elections he came up with PML-Q, his invention. PML-Q members were highly corrupt as well. He still wasn't corrupt, but he had a band of bandits around him. Imran left Musharraf's support after that.

The thing which I like about imran is his confidence and faith in his abilities....and most importantly his willingness to change the trends..I mean he could have lead a beautiful life after his retirement but he chosed otherwise... and it effected his personal life as well...

The following statements says it all:

Mr Khan clearly intends to be a veteran politician too. “Jemima used to say, “you know the problem is you will go on and on and on and you will never make it”. But for me the whole purpose of existence is to make a difference. I am probably the most famous man in my country. I have great ability and respect. I should try my best to change society. The idea of failure doesn’t enter my mind.”

Dont trust Imran Khan "not strong enough- only 1 seat"
Dont trust PPP "Zardari Incorporated"
Dont trust PML-N "Sharif Brothers Trust Fund"
Dont trust PML-Q "Chaurdhry's made a mess of things"

Who is left?

]Dont trust Imran Khan "not strong enough- only 1 seat"[/B]
Dont trust PPP "Zardari Incorporated"
Dont trust PML-N "Sharif Brothers Trust Fund"
Dont trust PML-Q "Chaurdhry's made a mess of things"

Who is left?

But his party will get stronger by the next elections....i.e 20-30 seats in national assembly I guess?

Why people don't vote for Imran Khan??I mean he is honest leader so why not vote for him instead of corrupt Sharifs or PPP/PMLQ/Mullahs.Although i think Imran Khan may not win because i think he will mess with Army strategic plans.

Why people don't vote for Imran Khan??I mean he is honest leader so why not vote for him instead of corrupt Sharifs or PPP/PMLQ/Mullahs.Although i think Imran Khan may not win because i think he will mess with Army strategic plans.

If he contests election in future i am sure he will fare much better.
Even if he does not gain a large percentage he will at least make an active member of opposition or a coalition.
He has to get in first and i really wish he plays a more prominent role in the elected houses next time.

Whereas many (not me) would not want him to be the prime minister, i am sure that people cannot deny that more leaders like Imran Khan are needed in our politics to kick off the transition towards a democracy where more people from outside landlord/industrialist class take part in elections.

I am confident that positive changes would occur in these next few years in Pakistani politics.

Democracy means an election whose leaders are chosen by the majority of Pakistanis. The 170 million Pakistanis that is not the handful of keyboard warriors of this forum !!

Therefore it will still be a straight fight between Zardari or his son versus Nawaz Sharief. Gen Kayani or Musharraf can only get to lead Pakistan by military coup or massively rigging elections !!\

Less said about Imran Khan the better.

Former Gen.Mirza Aslam Baig confirmed this news also

The thing which I like about imran is his confidence and faith in his abilities....and most importantly his willingness to change the trends..I mean he could have lead a beautiful life after his retirement but he chosed otherwise... and it effected his personal life as well...

The following statements says it all:

Mr Khan clearly intends to be a veteran politician too. “Jemima used to say, “you know the problem is you will go on and on and on and you will never make it”. But for me the whole purpose of existence is to make a difference. I am probably the most famous man in my country. I have great ability and respect. I should try my best to change society. The idea of failure doesn’t enter my mind.”

I now admit Imran Khan is better than Zardari/Sharif and a lot more intelligent than Zardari, but do you think Imran Khan can handle all the threats thats coming from Pakistan's western border?

India, U.S., NATO, troops from all over the world are near our western borders and some of them wish the worst for Pakistan.

i think Imran khan can be a good choice instead the current politicians. if he is able to do half of what he claims it ll be boon for pakistan as well as india.

I now admit Imran Khan is better than Zardari/Sharif and a lot more intelligent than Zardari, but do you think Imran Khan can handle all the threats thats coming from Pakistan's western border?

India, U.S., NATO, troops from all over the world are near our western borders and some of them wish the worst for Pakistan.

I think no single person can handle current situation of pakistan alone, we need a combined efforts of the best people that we have i.e politicians, civil society, journalists, army, and most importantly intellectuals....and a person that can lead them and bring the best out of them..which I feel Imran khan can do very well.

P.S Its just my opinion.:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom