GDP Purchasing Power Parity 2014

j20blackdragon

Reaction score
Country
United States
:pop:
deJjqDB.jpg

The World Factbook

Indonesia is no 10 on this chart...ahead of malysia.indonesia is a fairly poor country and malysia is fairly rich....

Nope, this has nothing to do with India. Don't bring India into every conversation.

Ok...Why do you think PPP is not appropriate? Why do you think IMF and World Bank invest so much in calculating PPP. I know for sure that they employee some of the superstar economists in calculating PPP and refining the methodology. Are IMF and World Bank wrong? Why do macroeconomists give more credence to PPP over nominal in calculating how people living standards improved?

How is PPP different from nominal? How is PPP calculated? Can you answer?

China doesn't recognize PPP.

We use nominal yuan figures for all the data.

Our National Bureau of Statistics has rejected the methodology to come up with PPP numbers as well.

It is better keeping quite than posting where you don't know.

China recognize both PPP and Nominal. You cannot have different science of economics in different countries

Your commissioner of the National Bureau of Statistics recognize that PPP is a superior method to nominal. Where he doesn't agree with World Bank is the basket that is used to calculate PPP, hence feel that PPP overestimate the real strength of the some economies. At the same time he also feel that nominal underestimate the strength of the economy as buying in dollar doesn't make sense for people living outside US.

SCIO briefing on national economic performance in 2014- China.org.cn

Your commissioner of the National Bureau of Statistics recognize that PPP is a superior method to nominal. Where he doesn't agree with World Bank is the basket that is used to calculate PPP, hence feel that PPP overestimate the real strength of the some economies. At the same time he also feel that nominal underestimate the strength of the economy as buying in dollar doesn't make sense for people living outside US.

SCIO briefing on national economic performance in 2014- China.org.cn

Like I said, we rejected their methodology for calculating PPP.

Learn to read.

It is better keeping quite than posting where you don't know.

What on Earth is "keeping quite"?

There are many ways to calculate PPP. It's too subjective. So it's unreliable. Just like the Vedic Indian GDP calculation.

I am polite because you are a lady. My suggestion don't poke your nose in something you don't understand.

Like I said, we rejected their methodology for calculating PPP.

Learn to read.

Don't say 'we' say 'Chinese-Dragon'

Anyway, please don't act as expert where you know nothing. And also don't expect people to believe a internet troll over the commissioner of the National Bureau of Statistics of China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom