What's new

GCC to hold naval drills in Gulf amid Iran spat

May 2, 2012

GCC military completes war games

The GCC's joint military force has finished its latest military training, codenamed Islands of Loyalty.

The exercise involved air, ground and naval forces from the nations that make up the Peninsula Shield, formed in 1982.

The state news agency, Wam, said that "successful amphibious operations were staged ... under massive air cover in the war-game exercise".

More than 30,000 troops make up the Shield, which includes personnel from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and the UAE.

The exercise, on Sunday and Monday, took place amid a continuing diplomatic row over the recent visit by the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to the island of Abu Musa.

Iran invaded and occupied Abu Musa, as well as the Greater and Lesser Tunbs, all sovereign UAE territory, in 1971.

The UAE has pledged to use diplomacy and international law to regain control over the islands.

GCC military completes war games - The National

GCC Arabs should carry out their own revolutions against Western aligned leaders that do no good for their own countries. GCC countries' scientific publications and research, and international political influence is very low compared to its economic output or GDP, which is again very low compared to its hydrocarbon reserves and production. With Islamic governments supported by Muslim population of the GCC, you can guide a good part of the Muslim world and further beyond in many aspects of life.

I know, you were too cowards even to dare to think of hurting him yourselves, so, your allies, US army and their puppets killed him. His indescribable bravery amazed all people. He won the war because you have a dead person in every home because of him, your Komaini surrendered although there were Iranian lands under Iraqi control and Saddam handed them back VOLUNTARILY in 1990. He made you live the worst times of your history...

Bro, I am confused about Arab attitudes and actions, especially with regards to Saddam Hussein and Iraq. When Saddam Hussein fought Iran, he was brave and a warrior. When he invaded Kuwait and Saudi Arabia was frightened, then loads of Arab and Muslim countried led by infidel USA attacked Saddam Hussein. Then, in 2003, totally unprovoked and for no 'legal, legitimate, moral reason', USA and kafir partners invaded Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein, and kill and maim millions of Iraqis and do untold horrific crimes. Yet, there is not a single word of threat towards USA from any Arab countries leaders? If your leaders are Western puppets so they can not go against USA, then I understand it, but I dont understand why you would support your leaders then?

Do you support what USA did to Iraq, and doing in Afghanistan, and elsewhere? Where is the Arab reaction against that? Did not Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Jordan provide logistical and other help to USA and kafir invaders to invade Iraq?

Arab opinion on this issue seems to be self-contradictory. Can any Arab member explain it well?

Last edited by a moderator:
No people I have met in my life to be more respectful and compassionate and nice and civil than American people. They are really down to earth folks who you can easily be friends with. Sure they have their bad apples but who doesn't .

What other 'people' have you met? Have you met any one of the millions of American 'people' who carried out unspeakable atrocities against Iraq, Afghanistan and other Muslim countries in recent years?

Unlike puppet Arab countries and other ignorant peoples (including Bangladesh, so I am not singling out any one country), I have met many 'peoples' and Westerners in general are terrible 'people' even if some Arab 'allies' of USA do not tolerate any criticism of USA or West.

they are a threat to any devolping nation on earth including egypt
their governement not the people

their people elect the gov't, their people pay tax to the gov't, their people dont protest against the gov't, their people support the gov't, their people vote for the gov't, their people follow the laws set by the gov't.

Let's not chant meaningless slogans. Their people is the problem. Their governments change all the time, their people do not change, so their actions do not change. Their people need to change from inside, or outsiders must impose change on their people by force for the good of the world.

The current lot of Muslims and Arabs in the world, if they had even 1% of the Imaan, honour, Taqwa, as any of the Sahaba (RA) of the Prophet (PBUH), then we could do what needs to be done quite easily for Allah (SWT) has already blessed us with all that we need. It's for us to make use of the endowments.

civil?USA last 89% of his life with war.they are the killer of you arabs!
what about zionists?
i heard you are their friend too.no?for sure one day you will find out that they arent your friends.

Saudi regime supporters paid for by the Saudi government are at a loss for words. They pretend to be some sort of defender of Sunnah and a fortress of Sunnah (against Iran only) but when it comes to USA and kafir infidel West which are hundreds of times worse than Iran for the Muslims of the world, then KSA can abandon the Sunnah as it sees fit.

that's exactly why Iraq started war and again that's exactly why international consensus at UN recognized Iraq as the starter of the war and that's exactly why UN ordered Iraq to pay Iran for damages during the war but didn't ask Iran to pay anything to Iraq.

I think Iranians of all people should know that UN is a fake, meaningless organization used by USA and West to put a 'legal' coating over all their illegal and immoral international maneuvres. Any five year old child can also understand the meaninglessness of an organization like UN where only five nuclear powers hold 'veto' power in the security council.

Where is the UN imposed sanction, embargo, condemnation against USA, UK and other kafir invaders for all their unspeakable crimes against Iraq and Afghanistan? You know that Iran has been sanctioned and condemned numerous times by the UN and the West, do you think they are a neutral, legitimate organization that is truthful and just all the time?

Think for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom