What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

Btw, in front of the White House the Palestinians should sing this Irish/Gaelic Song. A very powerful call to action song for the Irish. Biden and Jake Sullivan know Gaelic and the meaning of these words. It needs to be sung with the passion it is in the follow video. VERY POWERFUL SONG (I can not understate how powerful the symbolism of this song; Puts Biden in the equivalent position to choose between the Irish and the British that were brutalizing the Irish, delegitimizing him as no different then those the colonizers if he continues to not see the plight of the average Palestinians in Gaza)

So they should start with “Oro Seaosamh!” ; Pay attention and listen up Joseph (Biden)

The true translation of what is being said (not welcome to come home, but look out they are stealing your birthright)

This song is a DEFIANT war cry, but in todays modern context NOT a call for violence but a call to action to end the war, that is the way the Irish people have been using it in recent years in their own conflict in Northern Ireland.

Lyrics with their true translations

Oro 'It's your life' home,
Óró 'Sé do bheatha 'bhaile,

Now that summer has arrived!
Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh!

Now that summer has arrived!
Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh!
Long live the most miserable woman,
'Sé do bheatha a bhean ba léanmhar,

You were our prey to be in bondage,
B' é ár gcreach tú bheith i ngéibhinn,

Your beautiful district in the possession of thieves ...
Do dhúiche bhreá i seilibh meirleach...

You are sold to the foreigners!
Is tú díolta leis na Gallaibh!
Gráinne Mhaol is coming overseas,
Tá Gráinne Mhaol ag teacht thar sáile,

Armed with her as a guard,
Óglaigh armtha léi mar gharda,

They are Irish and not Gaels or Spaniards ...
Gaeil iad féin is ní Gaill ná Spáinnigh...

And they will drive away the foreigners!
Is cuirfidh siad ruaig ar Ghallaibh!
Thanks to the King of Miracles that he sees,
A bhuí le Rí na bhFeart go bhfeiceann,

If only a week later,
Muna mbíonn beo ina dhiaidh ach seachtain,

Gráinne Mhaol is a thousand warriors ...
Gráinne Mhaol is míle gaiscíoch...

Announcing wandering to foreigners!
Ag fógairt fáin ar Ghallaibh!

The following is the explanation from a comment under the video (but I can’t find it to give attribution to the author):

I just want to correct this daft notion that the chorus means "Oro you're welcome home." It means nothing of the sort. In spite of what Google translate may tell you. This version of the song is a call to action. A call to arms, to insurrection and to take back the land stolen by foreigners. Let me explain why.

The full line of the chorus is: Óró. Is sé do bheatha abhaile (If you are speaking English you could say it as: "o ro iss shay do va-ha awal-ya" but a little bit quickly.

Irish is a very contextual language. It depends what you say and when you say it. If you read "aimsire Lahreach" in a grammar book, it's probably saying "present tense". If you see exactly the same thing on
TV is probably means "weather report". See how different they are. It's the same with this song.

"Óró" is grabbing your attention. My granny would often call "Oro a Dáithí". It means everything from "come here" "pay attention" "heads-up" "mind what you are doing" "look here" and so on. So she was saying: "Pay attention David".... So pay attention you... or just "heads-up"...
Óró a thú ...

The next word in the written version is the verb/copula: "Is" and it's missing from the song. That's common enough in Irish, because "everyone" knows it should be there. So the phrase should be "Is sé
do".... It is your... beatha, (do bheatha). There is no English word for this. The nearest would be "livelihood" or "sustenance", even "heritage" - and all of them together. In this case I think it's OK to say it means "birth right". Now: bhaile is really: abhaile... Meaning "back home".So the whole phrase gets pronounced: o ro iss shay do va-ha awal-ya. But it's too long to fit the metre of the song so we get.: o ro shay do va awal-ya. And all that is quite ok in Irish.

SO, THE LINE REALLY MEANS: Pay attention It's your birth-right back home. The last line of the chorus is especially important: To read it as "now that summer is coming" would be to misunderstand it. In agricultural Ireland, the summer is useless - unless you've already prepared "in the coming of the summer" in March and April. Which is exactly what the line says: Anois (now)... ar theacht (in the coming of)... an tsamhraidh (the summer).

The song goes on to say something like "I was in a bar in some foreign land when this woman began bemoaning me... Don't you know what's going on back home.... Your birth right is being stolen and sold to foreigners. Because although this is an old song, a little over 100years ago Patrick Pearse re-wrote it to support the planned rising (April 1916). There's nothing about "welcome home" in these lyrics (except
for a bit about being more welcome than a hundred cows who were milking (and so especially valuable at a time when a man was considered rich if he had two cows). So to repeat myself, this version of the song is a call to action. A call to arms, insurrection and to take back the land stolen by foreigners.

Last edited:
Bhai,I don't know what to say,thank you! 😯

Unfortunately,no reply by @Mehdipersian and @HGV They probably didn't like what I said.

I did manage to find some old scans from my "college" books back in the mid-2000s. My friends @Gomig-21 and @Ghostkiller will probably laugh for the random stuff I used to decorate my books with back then,but they can translate it to you. Except the random song lyrics. And the handwritting is bad,I had just started learning to write arabic on my own (I found a teacher later)

View attachment 960710
What answer do you want from me?
If it's true, you were true Christian and supporter of Oppressed people but you are friend of oppressors now.

It's show sad ending of Christianity in Europe. You are look like Indian pagans now.

He needs to retract his statements as soon as possible. Incredibly irresponsible by Biden.

That old jackal Biden didn't say he has seen pictures of "beheaded babies" because he has dementia, He said it on purpose. This is a coordinated pr campaign against the Palestinians because these genocidal muricans want to justify a genocide, Make no mistake about it.

Indians have a hard-on for Israeli Zionists and bootlick them despite being mocked by them because they wish to replicate their actions.

These mushrikeen need to be annihilated.

you expect them to behave any differently... remember kafirs (people who deny the truth) always stick together

Against the backdrop of the escalating conflict in Setor Gaza, the Israeli army is beginning to expand the range of weapons it uses. Israeli aviation began using Spice-2000 precision-guided bombs in the Gaza Strip. The Spice-2000 glide bomb was introduced to the Israeli company Rafael Advanced Defense in 2003. The bomb is guided by GPS and dropped at a distance of up to 60 kilometers from the target. When gliding towards the target, at the final section, the seeker of the aerial bomb searches for the target using pre-loaded data into the memory of the SPICE computer. Thanks to this targeting, the bomb has a deviation from the target of no more than 3 meters. Images of 100 targets can be loaded into the computer's memory. It is worth noting that India and Pakistan criticized these bombs for their accuracy, but whether this is real or not is in question. Judging by the video, the bomb hits its target accurately. The mass of the bomb is 907 kilograms, the price is unknown. The video shows an Israeli air bomb "Spice-2000" hitting the Allantay Bank in Khan Yunis.

Both sides lost innocent lives. Both sides have human feelings. Israelis' iron fist policy against Palestinians is wrong. 70 decades didn't work. If Israelis want to live together, their policies must change.peace🇮🇱🇵🇸

Iran's president Ebrahim Raisi and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman hold their first EVER phone call - to discuss the 'need to end war crimes against Palestine'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ss-need-end-war-crimes-against-Palestine.html

What do you suppose will come out of this?
Hopefully an oil/gas embargo and some unity to finally put other things aside to solve this issue. It may seem counter-productive for the Arabs to work with the Persians, but handling the problem lets the end move on to economic issues and not be forever bogged down in this issue.

What must be thinking American militarymen aboard USS Gerald Ford right now?

With tensions high in that zone next to Russia presence in Syria.

chosen-god-being-carried-by-us-troops.jpg

DakDQIhXUAAaSOP.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom