What's new

Ganesha idols adorn Indian town before Hindu festival

Aree bhai, Ganpati Bappa is very big for me and my family and this part of the world.

Tera problem kya hai man?

I don't care how big an elephant faced deity is to you or your family. I am exercising my right to free speech. What is your problem with that?

Check out my previous threads. All of them are about that.

All your replies to other threads are just shooting in the dark. No one would have noticed them.

Suggest to open a dedicated thread to put your mind open in front of everyone. Surprisingly you will find many takers who align with your views. Try it again.

I don't care how big an elephant faced deity is to you or your family. I am exercising my right to free speech. What is your problem with that?

Because freedom of speech is a two edged sword, and when the second edge starts getting used, people get mass banned. And so Admins have a NO RELIGION policy on PDF.

You have a problem with that rule, please do take it up with the owner @WebMaster

All your replies to other threads are just shooting in the dark. No one would have noticed them.

Suggest to open a dedicated thread to put your mind open in front of everyone. Surprisingly you will find many takers who align with your views. Try it again.

I have created threads that got hundreds of reads earlier. Check them out

I have created threads that got hundreds of reads earlier. Check them out
Links please......

Would you allow the same freedom to those who make cartoons of the prophet ?
I always wonder how do people get offended on a cartoon of someone when people have not actually seen the prophet? I dont remember seeing any picture or idol or anything showing how prophet looks like. So there is no point for people to get offended as cartoonist might be just trying to sell his work by depicting anyone but just naming it Prophet.

Interpretation*. Sorry for that type. I am not sure if they will allow me to open a thread considering I am a Pakistani on Hinduism. Maybe you should try?

Why not? As a wise man, once said, "this is a Pakistani forum" after all. Besides, it is you who wanted to talk religion, so you can open one and we will provide our views on that.

Ganpati Bappa is going to be muscle bound and flaunt a six pack this year man .... troubling times. No divine respite for the potatos and beer bellies anymore.

CKBPnjIVAAARRYo.jpg

True. Ganpathi is supposed to have bellies. I like that version. Childish, cute and more resemblence with peoples and kids :)

Some comments here by Some Pakistani posters were really uncalled for. Just like we don't like people saying badthings about our prophets (peace be upon them) Hindus dont like hearing such things about their faith. Why are people so nasty on the internet unnecessarily?

Yes, it is indeed very depressing that more than one billion people still believe in ridiculous animal deities made up by ignorant cavemen 5000 years ago. Hinduism is truly no ordinary thing; it is extraordinarily absurd. It is so absurd that people don't even bother to point it out.

Exactly! The same way.

no belief is ridiculous. everyone has own set of beliefs and they should be respected for that. Your remarks are insulting and these give indians all the rights to point fingers at our belief too.

True. Ganpathi is supposed to have bellies. I like that version. Childish, cute and more resemblence with peoples and kids :)
the problem with this part of the world is that they have even commercialized the religion.\

no belief is ridiculous. everyone has own set of beliefs and they should be respected for that. Your remarks are insulting and these give indians all the rights to point fingers at our belief too.

the problem with this part of the world is that they have even commercialized the religion.\

Exactly. Faith is faith, end of. If someone is doing something you dont believe you have no right to ridicule unless they are your immediate family, in that case your concern makes sense. Prophet Abrahams father had idols factory so he had the right the question to break them or burn them all he wanted, we cant do none of that because we are not worshipping idols. Giving them respect and helping them in the time of needs is our duty as humans/muslim. Please stop worrying about everyones religion and worry about your own emaan.

True to a large extent but not so much in this case.

You see, in Maharashtra especially, Ganesh Puja is a huge thing. Two weeks of almost national holiday. Like Durga Puja in West Bengal.

Its more like a cultural festival. There are poet meets. Literature meets. Sangeets and instrumental performances. Artistes from across the country come over to perform. The roads are almost permanently gridlocked. There are sports events. Motorcycle races.

Most of the main pandals will have their traditional idols with the trditional jewellery and mukut and other adornments. But every year, the idol makers also do pick the hot themes of the preceding year. Be it terrorism. or floods. Or save the girl child. Or elections. Or anna hazare anto corruption. Or in this case a supe super block buster. And will make the idol and very intricate tableauxs depicting the same. With a social message.

Its a family outing going pandal hopping and seeing the beautiful decorations and idols and not so beautiful blaring music and these tableuxs.

Back
Top Bottom