What's new

Ganesha idols adorn Indian town before Hindu festival

What an unnecessary waste of materials.
Better than waste of life happen because of peaceful religion. :-)
We BELIEVE in IDOL Worship

Idols are an INTEGRAL part of Hinduism
Idols worship wasn't integral part of Hinduism in time of Vedas, it all started near Maurya Empire. This is what my history teacher told once, i think its true :what:

Idols worship wasn't integral part of Hinduism in time of Vedas, it all started near Maurya Empire. This is what my history teacher told once, i think its true :what:

Idol worship is integral part of Hinduism and follows from its belief in Vedas. That is a natural corollary of following the vedas. Our history books are written by communists who are ashamed of their own culture and try to transfer their embarrassment to the students.

LOL...... Seriously ? :lol:

I would LOVE to discussed Islam, allah, heaven, angels, jinns, virgins, muhammed, slaves, paedophilia, wars, murders, incest, etc... and I assure you that is one discussion you will loose. Now ask yourself what happened to freedom of speech :lol:

You are a frog in a well who think his well is the Ocean. Don't even bother to debate with fishes who live in the Ocean called Hinduism. LOL.

Where were you all this while? Missed ya.

Idol worship is integral part of Hinduism and follows from its belief in Vedas. That is a natural corollary of following the vedas. Our history books are written by communists who are ashamed of their own culture and try to transfer their embarrassment to the students.

Idol worship IS integral part of Hinduism but its VERY different from the Vedas.

Vedas are called Nigama, or Knowledge through Upasana or knowledge through sitting near enlightened guru. Veda seeks moksha through understanding and righteous living.

Agama is knowledge though tradition. It seeks Moksha through Tantra yoga.

On world tour of sorts, work related. Will reach India next week. Missed you too :)

Idol worship IS integral part of Hinduism but its VERY different from the Vedas.

Vedas are called Nigama, or Knowledge through Upasana or knowledge through sitting near enlightened guru. Veda seeks moksha through understanding and righteous living.

Agama is knowledge though tradition. It seeks Moksha through Tantra yoga.

I said idol worship is corollary to the vedas, not that it is vedas itself. Vedas describe paramatama. Once you have the universe as manifestation of paramatma, then everything in the universe is sacred and everything can become a portal to reach out to the universal soul/consciousness/paramatama. Which is the function idol worship actually performs. Of course it follows Agama tradition.

On world tour of sorts, work related. Will reach India next week.

Oh cool. Hope to see a lot more of you once you are back :D

I said idol worship is corollary to the vedas, not that it is vedas itself. Vedas describe paramatama. Once you have the universe as manifestation of paramatma, then everything in the universe is sacred and everything can become a portal to reach out to the universal soul/consciousness/paramatama. Which is the function idol worship actually performs. Of course it follows Agama tradition.

Understanding the nature of the universe is very different from being one with it.

It the different between knowing the road and walking it.

Agama actually seeks to have cheat codes to achieving Moksha faster and with less efforts :D .......... The prana prathista pooja done that installs Tantric energy into the idol is to help the devotee kindle his own kundalini chakra and thus hasten his evolution and final Moksha. The Temple is designed accordingly too.

This picture will help you understand it better.

devalaya-layout-two1.jpg

devalaya-layout-one.jpg

The side effect with cheat codes, people no longer believe its necessary to behave as per Dharma. But once when you get used to short cuts, no one wants to take the long hard route ever again. So apart from Dharmic living, even Yoga devolved into "stretching exercises".

Oh cool. Hope to see a lot more of you once you are back :D

My work here is done. I am not required here anymore and I hate to provide any more credibility to this forum than it already has.

Understanding the nature of the universe is very different from being one with it.

It the different between knowing the road and walking it.

Agama actually seeks to have cheat codes to achieving Moksha faster and with less efforts :D .......... The prana prathista pooja done that installs Tantric energy into the idol is to help the devotee kindle his own kundalini chakra and thus hasten his evolution and final Moksha. The Temple is designed accordingly too.

This picture will help you understand it better.

devalaya-layout-two1.jpg

devalaya-layout-one.jpg

The side effect with cheat codes, people no longer believe its necessary to behave as per Dharma. But once when you get used to short cuts, no one wants to take the long hard route ever again. So apart from Dharmic living, even Yoga devolved into "stretching exercises".

Every bit of Hinduism is designed to lead us towards moksha, not just temple worship or designs of the temple. Idol worship lends to Bhakti yog which is one of the valid paths of achieving moksha. Even reading of vedas does not make us one with universe it just tells us about the nature of the universe.

I do not think it is the cheat codes which led to degeneration of Dharma. There is nothing necessarily deviant or shortcut about Bhakti yoga. You cannot be a Bhakti yogi but undharmic and attain moksha.

My work here is done. I am not required here anymore and I hate to provide any more credibility to this forum than it already has.

Hmm perhaps. A lot more Indians here on PDF now speak the language you did.

I dont understand why people fight over idol worship. If muslims dont do idol worship, it dosent make them men of superior intellect. What makes you a good man is the way you live your life and how positive and productive you are to the society as a whole.

If Idol worship is bad then so is facing kabba and doing namaaz, throwing stones on shaitaan and many other practices.

God is not a jealous jerk who cares about how you worship him!

Every bit of Hinduism is designed to lead us towards moksha, not just temple worship or designs of the temple. Idol worship lends to Bhakti yog which is one of the valid paths of achieving moksha. Even reading of vedas does not make us one with universe it just tells us about the nature of the universe.

I do not think it is the cheat codes which led to degeneration of Dharma. There is nothing necessarily deviant or shortcut about Bhakti yoga. You cannot be a Bhakti yogi but undharmic and attain moksha.

It was loosely put and for general understanding. Even in Agama a LOT has been lost and only a few practices still exist.

The Actual full practice of Agama to achieve moksha is not easy and requires a Guru. It has four integral parts called paada.

First is Gyana. This is what comes from the Vedas about the nature of the universe.
Second is Yoga. To hasten evolution by bahiranga or external physical balance and by antaranga or mental discipline and Shuddhi by Dhayana.
Third is Kriya. That is invoking superconsciousness by Tantra (rituals), Yantra (charts), Mantra (verbal) and Japa. This is where Temple worship comes in.
Fourth is Charya. This is conduct of the individual as per Dharma, shuddhi, austerity etc.

A personal practising Agam has to follow ALL Four of the Paada to achieve Moksha.

How many do ? Most do not even know why they go to the temple. They think its a post office where they go to post their request to "god" like children who post their wishes to santa clause.

Hmm perhaps. A lot more Indians here on PDF now speak the language you did.

:tup:

Devotees shift Ganesh idols to the pandals for the upcoming Ganesh Chaturthi festival in Mumbai.
391103-15-8-2015-d-gh13-o.jpg

Exactly. Faith is faith, end of. If someone is doing something you dont believe you have no right to ridicule unless they are your immediate family, in that case your concern makes sense. Prophet Abrahams father had idols factory so he had the right the question to break them or burn them all he wanted, we cant do none of that because we are not worshipping idols. Giving them respect and helping them in the time of needs is our duty as humans/muslim. Please stop worrying about everyones religion and worry about your own emaan.

Quran do talks about Prophet Abrahim tribes and his tribes were Rig Vedic tribes and Rig Vedas are the first divine revelation.

LOL...... Seriously ? :lol:

I would LOVE to discussed Islam, allah, heaven, angels, jinns, virgins, muhammed, slaves, paedophilia, wars, murders, incest, etc... and I assure you that is one discussion you will loose. Now ask yourself what happened to freedom of speech :lol:

You are a frog in a well who think his well is the Ocean. Don't even bother to debate with fishes who live in the Ocean called Hinduism. LOL.

Rig Vedas do explain about Swarg Lok, Narak Lok, Apsaras, Sid purush, Devas, Asura etc.

ganesha is my favourite god... coz I look like him.. only darker.. :p:

Rig Vedas do explain about the Supreme Creator and even give good info about the heavens and heavenly and celestial being and even about the galaxies etc.

Rig Vedas are still followed by Indians in its natural form and are dwelling in thier native lands.

Recently panchaloha idol was stolen from AnandawalleshwaramSri Mahadevar Temple in Kollam and its said to be 400 years old.

13tvko-Panchalo_13_2508149f.jpg

Now when we look at shiv ling

ganesha is my favourite god... coz I look like him.. only darker.. :p:

Ganesha is divine celestial being.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom