What's new

Ganesha idols adorn Indian town before Hindu festival

while Square black rock stone in Arabia are real powerful !

very soon we will implement blasphemy law to protect Minorities !
I guess that was mocking. Blasphemy law is the worst example of religious oppression. But I think the claim or excuse made by some Pakistanis is valid here. Most people in Pakistan have few qualms with claiming they are an Islamic republic where this is more like to happen. We have no pretenses that we are but a non secular state though many of us liberals are trying to reverse this and developing a secular Pakistan which is compatible with Islamic religion.

So my point is blasphemy law in a mullah state makes sense. Whats India's excuse for banning consumption of meat even for the muslims.

I guess that was mocking. Blasphemy law is the worst example of religious oppression. But I think the claim or excuse made by some Pakistanis is valid here. Most people in Pakistan have few qualms with claiming they are an Islamic republic where this is more like to happen. We have no pretenses that we are but a non secular state though many of us liberals are trying to reverse this and developing a secular Pakistan which is compatible with Islamic religion.

So my point is blasphemy law in a mullah state makes sense. Whats India's excuse for banning consumption of meat even for the muslims.
so why the citizens of an Islamic republic who proud of being non secular and have pretence of being any thing else but non secular demand secularism for others ? if secularism is such a good thing they should try it first.

I can't recall the writers name but one Indian guy did a lot of research on idol worship and his conclusions in his book made a lot of sense. I believe Hinduism itself at its beginning had one God, it still does at the top. Slowly over time, as the crucial aspects became diluted, some elite Hindus thought of a way to help them worship God.

As no one has seen Allah, they thought that if they created an image of God in some art work or sculpture, it will help them worship Him. So the idols were originally made to help worship God but it was a move out of ignorance. As time passed, the original reason became lost and the common folk, not being smart, confused the depictions themselves as gods. One thing lead to another and the rest is history.

I believe Allah Almighty sent His message to all people. But over time the message became diluted and lost, so a new updated version was sent, ending with Islam in which religion was perfected. No matter what religion you decide to study, you will always find one God above them all. This shows all religions came from Allah but over time became corrupted.

Still this is all theory, we don't know for sure. Tagging you because you also thing idol worship is not integral part of Hinduism @Jaat Rock

That said, mocking and insulting what others worship is forbidden in quran, as they in turn will insult Allah, and the blame can be placed on you since you disobeyed Allah by insulting them.

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. (6:108)

Last edited:
I fail to understand why Muslims make such big fuss about idol worship!

Has it made Muslims a better human? A better community? Definitely NOT!!

God does not care whether you worship his featureless form or an idol. God is not a jealous cheapo like us humans.

All he cares about is...whether we, as human, done any good for the fellow human being. Whether we are in tune with the nature...

A good human being is the utmost priority to be in the good books of God. Rest all religious mumbo-jumbo is plain BS.

No they are not. Ask the Arya Samaj people..
not only Arya samaj but many other groups within Hinduism are not into Idol worship but they too believe that idols are initial step in understating the vastness of concept of creator.

I can't recall the writers name but one Indian guy did a lot of research on idol worship and his conclusions in his book made a lot of sense. I believe Hinduism itself at its beginning had one God, it still does at the top. Slowly over time, as the crucial aspects became diluted, some elite Hindus thought of a way to help them worship God.

As no one has seen Allah, they thought that if they created an image of God in some art work or sculpture, it will help them worship Him. So the idols were originally made to help worship God but it was a move out of ignorance. As time passed, the original reason became lost and the common folk, not being smart, confused the depictions themselves as gods. One thing lead to another and the rest is history.

I believe Allah Almighty sent His message to all people. But over time the message became diluted and lost, so a new updated version was sent, ending with Islam in which religion was perfected. No matter what religion you decide to study, you will always find one God above them all. This shows all religions came from Allah but over time became corrupted.

Still this is all theory, we don't know for sure. Tagging you because you also thing idol worship is not integral part of Hinduism @Jaat Rock

That said, mocking and insulting what others worship is forbidden in quran, as they in turn will insult Allah, and the blame can be placed on you since you disobeyed Allah by insulting them.

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. (6:108)

In Hinduism , saying is God is one , only their name is different.
Idol worship is borrowed from Buddhism as during Vedic period only Yagya are done as ritual.
Even youngest religion Islam (Which are proper booked) are corrupted by wrong interpretation then Hinduism are thousands year old so obviously its would be corrupted.
Only thing good is most people in India are cultural Hindu not practicing.

not only Arya samaj but many other groups within Hinduism are not into Idol worship but they too believe that idols are initial step in understating the vastness of concept of creator.
You are wrong, Idol worship borrowed from Buddhism neither you never found any idol worship before that.
Vedic times Yagyas are form of worship.

You are wrong, Idol worship borrowed from Buddhism neither you never found any idol worship before that.

Deity idols were even worshipped during IVC, in fact all ancient civilizations (including Indian) have multiple Deities/Gods and idol worship

Idol worship is borrowed from Buddhism as during Vedic period only Yagya are done as ritual.
Even youngest religion Islam (Which are proper booked) are corrupted by wrong interpretation then Hinduism are thousands year old so obviously its would be corrupted.

not true! many idols are discovered which are older than Buddhism.

Yagyas are still performed with presence of deities and without their presence as well.

Deity idols were even worshipped during IVC, in fact all ancient civilizations (including Indian) have multiple Deities/Gods and idol worship
IVC are not considered Hindu

not true! many idols are discovered which are older than Buddhism
Idols are found but not worshiped like today as we have documented proof in form of our Vedas & Upanishads.
Yagyas are still performed with presence of deities and without their presence as well.
Yes , I am talking about historical point of view.

I am not in to the concept of Avatars. the concept of avatars ( lifted from various slokas of Vedas) transformed the basic structure of Hinduism. Ram, Krishna etc ideal people ? yes . God ? nope. My god is the god of Nasadi sukta (
Nasadiya Sukta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

Well that's the beauty of Hinduism, isn't it? Nobody can say 'THIS' is Hinduism or Hinduism = Only Vedas etc. You can be an arya samaji or brahmakumari etc and can be a Hindu and I can be without being one

I am not in to the concept of Avatars. the concept of avatars ( lifted from various slokas of Vedas) transformed the basic structure of Hinduism. Ram, Krishna etc ideal people ? yes . God ? nope. My god is the god of Nasadi sukta (
Nasadiya Sukta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

LOL...that is funny because the Vishnu Sukta of the Rg Veda talks about Vishnu and his Avatars as God :lol:

It also talks about purusha as having vishwaroopa :P

So in essence, you wish to modify the teaching of the Rg Veda to suite your own fantasy which you call reality ?

Well that's the beauty of Hinduism, isn't it? Nobody can say 'THIS' is Hinduism or Hinduism = Only Vedas etc. You can be an arya samaji or brahmakumari etc and can be a Hindu and I can be without being one
it truly is !

LOL...that is funny because the Vishnu Sukta of the Rg Veda talks about Vishnu and his Avatars as God :lol:

It also talks about purusha as having vishwaroopa :P

So in essence, you wish to modify the teaching of the Rg Veda to suite your own fantasy which you call reality ?
u mean Narayan Sukta ? that's part of Yajurvedas and is more or less like appendix of Purush Shukta.The entire Virat roop of Narayan/Vishnu of Bhagvatgeeta comes from Purusha Shukta!

Back
Top Bottom