What's new

Gaming PC Builds Discussion (Please post your builds, questions, basic comments.)

Yes..desktops are better compared to laptops has they can be upgraded and salvaged over time
AMD at the time or since 2008 has been doings badly in processor race with Intel, but come 2017 the tables might just turn with the influx of zen core processors rumored to be in 14 nm....let's just hope they do well

NIce build m8 btw did u played Batman AK on PC? :D
Nope, it's still installed on my PC, but I've only played for about 10 minutes. I am currently occupied with work and the only game I get some time to play is Dying Light for roughly half an hour a day.:happy:

That gpu is a bottleneck otherwise a decent rig.

I couldn't afford any other gpu. The gtx 960 was simply too expensive for my budget, and the gpu that I genuinely wanted which was the gtx 950 wasn't released yet.

I don't have lag at all in any of the games I play, but I can see why some people wouldn't like the gtx 750 ti because in terms of specs, it doesn't look that impressive.

If you have a gaming PC, please post the specs and and 3 games you play. We should have a more exciting discussion of this thread.

Great thread m8 well i am going to build a new gaming PC in 2-3 months current one is just too old currently playing HOI3, War thunder Red orchestra 2 and ETS2 on pc rest on consoles. But i am confused between 750 and 950 :/

The gtx 750 ti works best with 1600x900 monitor resolutions, while the gtx 950 is optimal with 1920x1080 monitor resolutions. Its not worth it at all to buy the gtx 750, which is the lowered version of the gtx 750 ti. Its only worth it to get the gtx 750 if the price is at least 2,000 PKR (75 SAR) to 4,187 PKR (150 SAR) cheaper than the ti versions. Otherwise the gtx 750 is a waste of your hard-earned money.

It basically depends on the monitor resolution you have and which gpu you have money for, mate.

bump

just wanted to ask about AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, how are its integrated graphics
if for now, I dont go for a GPU, what will be the results?
will it be better than my current Intel HD 4000 :D
and how will it compare with an X-Box 360?

bump

Discussions on XBox 360, builtin GPU's etc........are we back in the 2010?

Today, even the earlier model of XBox One is weak and more and more games take advantage of the S console or the Pro edition on PS4. I know that even the newer Processors have Intel 630 GPU nowadays. But one is almost always better off with discrete GPU, even if it is an entry level GPU.

Today, even the earlier model of XBox One is weak and more and more games take advantage of the S console or the Pro edition on PS4. I know that even the newer Processors have Intel 630 GPU nowadays. But one is almost always better off with discrete GPU, even if it is an entry level GPU.

Xbox one X owner here, But I plan to do a PC gamer build in the near future.

Do you watch Paul’s hardware on YouTube?

bump

Hold off for a bit until the Ryzen 3000 series comes out.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/06/amd-says-ryzen-3000-isnt-cheaper-its-better/

My son is the gamer in the family, my gaming days are mostly over.......and if I absolutely must play then I play Command & Conquer 3 (don't remember the last time I played, probably about 3 years ago). My PC building days got over about the same time I recall.......last I had was an i7 47xxk with aftermarket cooling, ASUS Rampage something, couple of SSD's in RAID 0, Radeon 280X GPU, Corsair 1200 W platinum PSU and so on, it was a pretty decent rig back in the day.

But now, the son has the PS4 Pro and XBox One S.

I am looking to buy him a Gaming Laptop too, which he can hook up to a decent LED. Will probably get him something which has a 2070 or 2080 GPU, i7 and atleast 1 * M2 SSD; with the devaluation, a decent machine will cost north of 300k now, I guess.

I had stopped playing X-box 360 back in 2012 due to University and stuff, I had my old laptop with Intel HD 4000. Since I got free just now, I wanted to get back to gaming. But not hardcore gaming, if AMD Ryzen 3 allows me to play games better than X-Box 360 and Intel HD 4000. Then its worth it.

bump

What’s your budget and timing for your new rig?

What’s your budget and timing for your new rig?
Timing is January 2020
Budget is quite flexible, but I would want to keep it as low as possible to not burden my parents much. I am not much of a hardcore gamer. I cant even tell the difference between various FPS. I played AC Black Flag on 12 FPS for 2 months, until I actually used a counter to get their value.

I really liked this one though
https://www.wepc.com/builds/best-gaming-pc-under-300/

although PC parts get damn expensive when they come here in Pakistan, say for example the AMD Ryzen 3 2200g will be about 125 USD here in Pakistan.

As the title describes, this thread is for the general discussion about building gaming PCs. If you have any questions or comments, please do your posts as respectfully as possible. Members should post their gaming PC builds to show everybody what they have and at least three games they play on their gaming PC. If you have any questions about building a gaming PC, please DEFINITELY feel free to post your questions. No discussion of politics of any kind, thank you. To start this thread, I will post my build first.

Current games being played - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass Bundle Edition, The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6Ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 750 TI EVGA FTW W/ ACX 2GB Edition
RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-8GAB
Monitor: 1680x1050 Samsung T220HD 22 inch
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB
Direct X: DX11
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4
Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
PSU: Thermaltake SP-650P 650W
Headset: Skullcandy Hesh 2
Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500
Mouse: Logitech M110

If you reveal approximate cost/price of the components/pc; it will be more helpful to decide for new builders to which end they will go.

Timing is January 2020
Budget is quite flexible, but I would want to keep it as low as possible to not burden my parents much. I am not much of a hardcore gamer. I cant even tell the difference between various FPS. I played AC Black Flag on 12 FPS for 2 months, until I actually used a counter to get their value.

I really liked this one though
https://www.wepc.com/builds/best-gaming-pc-under-300/

although PC parts get damn expensive when they come here in Pakistan, say for example the AMD Ryzen 3 2200g will be about 125 USD here in Pakistan.

Are you planning on building it yourself?

Back
Top Bottom