What's new

[Gallery] This paradise is called Iran

Have you got any pics from Fars province? I heard that was the original homeland for the Persian people and it's the cultural capital of Iran.

The word "Paradise" is Persian in origin , Iranian have always called their gardens "Pardis" and literally it means heaven .

Pardis :
"It is an abbreviation for Paradise is an English word from Persian roots that is generally identified with the Garden of Eden or with Heaven. Originally meaning a walled garden or royal hunting grounds, ..."

Urban Dic

Iran friends ...donot take me wrong..I always feel that culturally, attitude wise and in international gelopolics wise....Iran is more suitable to be aligned with West. But funny thing is West does not understand it....

Iran doesn't need to be associated with either one. The beauty of our people and culture is in the fact that we're neither. We're Iranian and we're smack bang in the middle of Euroasia. We've absorbed thousands of years of Eastern and Western culture and made it Iranian.

And Westerners can go to hell. Since unification, we've had no interest in alligning ourselves with them.

The word "Paradise" is Persian in origin , Iranian have always called their gardens "Pardis" and literally it means heaven .

Pardis :
"It is an abbreviation for Paradise is an English word from Persian roots that is generally identified with the Garden of Eden or with Heaven. Originally meaning a walled garden or royal hunting grounds, ..."

Urban Dic

The original Persian word is actually "paradisia."

Kind of unfair we are cursed to a scorching heat and desert sure we have mountainous regions in a few places but still the majority of our country is an empty desert with nothing in sight. But I guess the deset is also in someway part of mother nature and there is beauty in everything about nature. And we should learn to appreciate the hand we are dealt.
I've been everywhere in Iran, but one of my favorite place has to be the random "desert" in Kashan. We were travelling by car and the combination of the mountains, the desert (it was one of those deserts without any sand, just empty wasteland for miles) and the emptyness made it awesome. The sunrise helped the scenery too.

There is something about deserts that I love.

It was like this, but better

SuperStock_1783-15093.jpg

Have you got any pics from Fars province? I heard that was the original homeland for the Persian people and it's the cultural capital of Iran.
Fars is my home lol
It's not the cultural of capital of Iran, just the Persian community. It's where Cyrus the Great is burried and it's the location of Perspolis, the Achemenid Dynasty's ancient ceremonial capital. Also, two of Iran's greatest poets are burried there, Hafez and Saadi.

Here's the skyscrapercity photo section for Shiraz. There are tons of pics there. Another good thing about this province is its climate! Basically it's neither too hot nor too cold for most of the year, it's just perfect. There is also a theory that the famous wine grapes of Europe originted from Shiraz. You can grow the most mouth watering and sweet fruits in this city.

Shiraz, the heart of Persia - Page 37 - SkyscraperCity

@ Abil ,can you please post few pics of Kaziroon a small town in Fars province of Iran...thanx in advance!!

Back
Top Bottom