What's new

[Gallery] Iran - Iraq war

I was thinking the exact same thing! Seriously, get over it... I wonder how their society would look, if they paid just half as much attention to current problems as do to that damn war

The war ( 8 year war ) is over but it's bitter memories and sacrifices will never be forgotten especially by the ones that have been there or have lost their dearest ones .

You're simply asking me and other Iranians to get over what took half million of our country men , destroyed our country and paralyzed our economy , industry , education etc .

How do you expect me to forget such event in which almost 20 young people just from my neighborhood were killed and several others that I usually see in my way every day were terribly wounded that can't even walk like human .

Whether you and your open minded friends in the west like it or not , this is a simple fact that I , as an Iranian can't forget none of these things and turn back to them , their beliefs and values no matter how fucked up my country is or who is in power .

The war ( 8 year war ) is over but it's bitter memories and sacrifices will never be forgotten especially by the ones that have been there or have lost their dearest ones .

You're simply asking me and other Iranians to get over what took half million of our country men , destroyed our country and paralyzed our economy , industry , education etc .

How do you expect me to forget such event in which almost 20 young people just from my neighborhood were killed and several others that I usually see in my way every day were terribly wounded that can't even walk like human .

Whether you and your open minded friends in the west like it or not , this is a simple fact that I , as an Iranian can't forget none of these things and turn back to them , their beliefs and values no matter how fucked up my country is or who is in power .

Sticking around in the past wont solve todays (and thus future) problems. That's not the same as forgetting past memories, but there's a limit to how long to carry sadness to the point where it becomes unhealthy. Is ghose khordan going to reduce todays effects of massive pollution, as an example? Is it going to relieve todays victims of the destruction the war brought, which is still present in some cities?

EDIT: I don't mean any disrespect in any way either, but sometimes it is nice with an objective opinion.

Dude you got me wrong, of course you should remember your losses.

It was like a contest in previous page when Iraqis and Iranians was showing pictures of downed planes and choppers.

Sry if i offended anyone here.

image.jpg
Sayyid shahid muhammad baqir al hakim the founder of badr corps

Suit yourself, but sticking around in the past wont solve todays (and thus future) problems. That's not the same as forgetting past memories, but there's a limit to how long to carry sadness to the point where it becomes unhealthy. Is ghose khordan going to reduce todays effects of massive pollution, as an example? Is it going to relieve todays victims of the destruction the war brought, which is still present in some cities?

No my friend , Its not about sticking to sadness but remembering and respecting the ones lost their lives to save the country and bring the comfortable life we have right now .

History is the best source to know your friends and enemies and 8 year of imposed war gave Iranians their lesson .

This thread was created to remember and honor our martyrs and to remind us what they have done for their country .
Believe me , remembering them and following their way ( not by fighting in war ) but by doing our best to help our country , standing on our feet and sacrificing would be much better than forgetting them or like what you said grieving for them .

Is ghose khordan going to reduce todays effects of massive pollution, as an example? Is it going to relieve todays victims of the destruction the war brought, which is still present in some cities?

I don't think it has anything to do with remembering the war and martyrs but with the ones that are in charge of what they don't deserve and are betraying our martyrs blood . 
Dude you got me wrong, of course you should remember your losses.

It was like a contest in previous page when Iraqis and Iranians was showing pictures of downed planes and choppers.

Sry if i offended anyone here.

You didn't offend anyone my friend . I appreciate your post here and respect your view .

Have fun .

It's really simple if you don't like the thread, don't click on it. Is that too hard?

I guess some people don't understand that this thread was created for the purpose of looking at and discussing everything related to Iran-Iraq war.

It's really simple if you don't like the thread, don't click on it. Is that too hard?

I guess some people don't understand that this thread was created for the purpose of looking at and discussing everything related to Iran-Iraq war.
I allready explained why i wrote it, but its my bad sry, its wasnt trolling or something like that.

One of the most stupid and unnecessary wars in recent history. That's a shame.

You know, both armies Iranian and Iraqi combined, should have..and could have easily taken over the entire gulf, every state there, instead of killing each other....plus, we'd get the mini gulf state that originally belonged to us, and other bits :D

during the 80's and early 90's most of the armed forces of the gulf states were clueless arab shiekh offspring playboys playing with guns and bullets for fun.. not a real army.

Last edited:
You know, both armies Iranian and Iraqi combined, should have..and could have easily taken over the entire gulf, every state there, instead of killing each other....plus, we'd get the mini gulf state that originally belonged to us, and other bits :D

during the 80's and early 90's most of the armed forces of the gulf states were clueless arab shiekh offspring playboys playing with guns and bullets for fun.. not a real army.
This war should not have happened it was disaster that today we pay for it 2 trillion and 2 million have been lost would will be better if was for Palestine 2 trillion is more than enough to make the strongest army in the world but our leaders were not wise

Back
Top Bottom