What's new

Future Beyond Al Khalid (I), How can we go Beyond the Khalid?

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
maxresdefault.jpg

Tanks have played a vital role since WW1/WW2 , the role has been diminished lately with Advancement in Air-force weapons and other weaponry but if used strategically the Tanks can still cause massive structural damage to clean up vast areas from Infantry and take on Structures of military and Civilian nature

Pakistan's own Al Khalid Tank program while being greatly appreciated since 90's
has faced various challenges one of the most prominent being the Power plant and also the Tank has to mature or a Next generation model need to come out which keeps threats from 2018 in mind

How can Pakistan Army move forward with planning of a Next Generation Tank to move it modern Generation Tanks

Tanks have started to introduce mini Radars and sensors
US_Army_M1A2_Sep_V2_MBT_tanks_fitted_with_Israeli-made_Rafael_Trophy_active_protection_system_against_missile_and_rocket_925_001.jpg

APS systems are always evolving here as seen in Russian modern generation Tanks
Analysis_Russian_Afganit_active_protection_system_is_able_to_intercept_uranium_tank_ammunition_T-14_armata_640_001.jpg

Can the tanks become Stealthy against Air Senors ? Who Knows
y5sn931gapuomm1krqt0.jpg

Also modern Tech is enhancing how Tank Driver views the 360 Battle field
While still protected from Tank's armor the 360 degree unobstructed view gives a clear view of battle field using special Visors
Darpas-Future-Tanks-Will-Use-Stealth-And-Augumented-Reality-HUD-Displays-1.jpg

Advancement in Tank's close Proximity is active in certain nations
Which involves detectors / senors / electronics and intercept weapons at eye blink speeds
Screen-Shot-2018-04-13-at-8.36.06-AM_1.png

And of course the invisible Tank fleet :china:

Last edited:
Amazing if true, but unlikely. It would means soldiers , tanks, trucks would be invisible and China could just arch into India unseen and conquer them. This would be the ultimate stealth and would change the warfare as we know it.

AL Khalid is an excellent platform and was a great success. Now I think we should move towards developing a new modern platform. What happened to the Oplots? are we getting them or not.?

There were news, rumors by keyboard warriors, PA looking at T-90s, Chinese Type 96 (variant), Ukraine T-84 Optol Although PA officials visited Polish defense facilities no official news regarding Tanks available as yet

There were news, rumors by keyboard warriors, PA looking at T-90s, Chinese Type 96 (variant), Ukraine T-84 Optol Although PA officials visited Polish defense facilities no official news regarding Tanks available as yet

The T-90s won't be available to Pakistan since India's ordered it.

T 90 were offered to and analyzed by Pakistan as latest as mid 2017 to Pakistan.

Pakistan has merely expressed interest in buying Russian weapons, including the S-400 and Su-35. But most of those cannot be sold to Pakistan because India explicitly prevents Russia from selling the same weapons that India has also bought. You forget that we have a new contract of 464 tanks coming up, and this will kill any chances of Pak buying the same or better tanks.

So any T-90 request is merely a wild goose chase.

Pakistan has merely expressed interest in buying Russian weapons, including the S-400 and Su-35. But most of those cannot be sold to Pakistan because India explicitly prevents Russia from selling the same weapons that India has also bought. You forget that we have a new contract of 464 tanks coming up, and this will kill any chances of Pak buying the same or better tanks.

So any T-90 request is merely a wild goose chase.
It was not a request. Just telling you what i know. These were offered, a team went to Russia and inspected the systems. A decision was made not to follow up on this development. All this happened in August September 2017.

Amazing if true, but unlikely. It would means soldiers , tanks, trucks would be invisible and China could just arch into India unseen and conquer them. This would be the ultimate stealth and would change the warfare as we know it.

This is fake..

It was not a request. Just telling you what i know. These were offered, a team went to Russia and inspected the systems. A decision was made not to follow up on this development. All this happened in August September 2017.

Sure. I'm not saying you can't have talks and meetings about the Russian stuff. That's easy.

All I'm saying is whatever India is operating won't be sold to Pakistan. So your shopping list with Russia will have to be for stuff that India has no interest in. And there's plenty of that, like the BMP-3 and Mi-28.

Sure. I'm not saying you can't have talks and meetings about the Russian stuff. That's easy.

All I'm saying is whatever India is operating won't be sold to Pakistan. So your shopping list with Russia will have to be for stuff that India has no interest in. And there's plenty of that, like the BMP-3 and Mi-28.
These were OFFERED to Pakistan for sale. Yes i can understand if you say that it was merely a political move of Moscow, trying to put pressure on Pakistan but they were offered to Pakistan, analyzed and a decision made against going for these. We would have only known for certain if Pakistan army saw it fit to induct and decided to go ahead with the deal. That would have told us more about "what can or cannot" happen. Unfortunately, it never got to that point so we can all keep arguing our point on this. :)

These were OFFERED to Pakistan for sale. Yes i can understand if you say that it was merely a political move of Moscow, trying to put pressure on Pakistan but they were offered to Pakistan, analyzed and a decision made against going for these. We would have only known for certain if Pakistan army saw it fit to induct and decided to go ahead with the deal. That would have told us more about "what can or cannot" happen. Unfortunately, it never got to that point so we can all keep arguing our point on this. :)

Just so you know, an offer for sale doesn't happen overnight with Russia. Nor do they give away information after just one or two meetings. Even they have a world famous bureau-crazy, just like India. Just buying spares from them even for completed deals takes 1 year after a request is made before the spares hit production. Even when we decided to go for T-90s, I believe it took us 3 years, almost 4, before we could start evaluating the tank. Even the Algerians had to chase the Russians for years for their T-90s before they were allowed license production. You will have to start small with Russia before you go for the big ticket stuff.

But then, CAATSA will be a big problem for Pakistan anyway. Overall, I don't see much happening between Pak and Russia due to these sanctions.

Just so you know, an offer for sale doesn't happen overnight with Russia. Nor do they give away information after just one or two meetings. Even they have a world famous bureau-crazy, just like India. Just buying spares from them even for completed deals takes 1 year after a request is made before the spares hit production. Even when we decided to go for T-90s, I believe it took us 3 years, almost 4, before we could start evaluating the tank. Even the Algerians had to chase the Russians for years for their T-90s before they were allowed license production. You will have to start small with Russia before you go for the big ticket stuff.

But then, CAATSA will be a big problem for Pakistan anyway. Overall, I don't see much happening between Pak and Russia due to these sanctions.
So then it means there was work done on this for years!! That is even more strange and goes against your initial statement "The T-90s won't be available to Pakistan since India's ordered it". If you are right about anything like this taking years, it would not have been to put political pressure only, there have been something more to it, something serious. I say this as there is no doubt in the offer and a team from HIT being in Russia to check on it based on the Russian offer. The decision not to pursue it was made by Pakistan side.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom