What's new

Fuss on alcohol clouds Istanbul music festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a very elementary argument, but I will make it anyway.

Due to the similarity of all Abrahamic religions, don't you think that they must contain some truth. Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad all preached basically the same ideas while having no interaction with each other. What are the chances of this?

Don't think that you are the first person to try to disprove religion. Not sure about Islam, bu in Apostolism, Armenians are taught that the essence of God can only be found in one's own soul. You may laugh at this, but I and very many people believe this to be true. Therefore, the efforts of atheists and scientists to disprove religion are doomed to failure.

Abrahamic religions are influenced by Greek and Persian mythology. I don't have much time to write it completly but you can google it and found the resemblances and sometimes the exact stories.

Abrahamic religions are influenced by Greek and Persian mythology. I don't have much time to write it completly but you can google it and found the resemblances and sometimes the exact stories.

That may possibly be because the Quran maintains that and I'm paraphrasing of course 'there isn't a Nation or a Tribe that we didn't send a messenger too' ! The Quran similarly maintains that most of them corrupted the original teachings by associating partners with God. So naturally some of the things found in as varied and far flung 'mythologies or religions' like Greek and the Indian ones are also present in Islam; in fact if you open up the Hindu scriptures and the Zoroastrian Avestas you'd be astounded by some of the similarities about their view of God and ours. As for the Persian mythology, many, as I understand, of their practices were later incorporated into Islam and more so into 'Shia Islam' but I'd rather not go into that because it might reek of 'sectarianism'. Either way its perfectly possible to find things in Islam and other Abrahamic religions that are also present in religions or mythologies, as we call them now, before them.

On a separate note : Yesterday I ate something called a 'Turkish Donor' which essentially was a loaf of bread made out like a pocket and filled with marinated chicken, spices and salad; is that really from the Turkish cuisine ?

Armstrong, looks like a twisted version of Döner(Shawarma)

its mostly based off zoorastraians... The concept of hell and haven and single god. Aslo it has elements of not greek myths but Semitic paganism. For example the Garden of Eden is located in south of basra, Iraq in the marsh fields. The sumerians believed that the tigris river that ran to the marshes was sign of salvation god sue to rich soil in the desert.

Armstrong, looks like a twisted version of Döner(Shawarma)

Dude thats exactly what it might be because we do have something called the 'Shawarma' here but I had thought that a 'Shawarma' was a Lebanese thing !

There is slight regional differences between Turkish, Lebanese and some other ones but I think originally its from Anatolia because Shawarma is a deformed Turkish word too.

So true, It's suprising such facist people can use religion to manipulate and Harm society. How did that dude get into Denmark? It's those people that live in Germany that gives us a bad name..

Ataturk had modenised turks into a more civil society. The Ottomans were a Laughing stock by the 19th century when Europeans were fighting off the shackles of Religions through reason, logic, science...

Ever heard of Evolution.. Grow up. People had not even proved the existence of a high being yet you want to enforce a primitive law and systems outdated and created by Arab?
How did this dude get into Japan?
Jokes aside, a personal question to those who does't believe in islam:
The Turkish culture is heavily (primarily) influenced from Islam, from family affairs to daily ethics, etc.
If you take away islam from the equation what are we left with? We will just become another European country with identical values and system. Then what is the meaning with statehood? If we are not fiighting for certain values to be kept alive then why are we fighting at all? We could just give our land to Europeans when we were occupied by them in WW1.
Since the creation of the republic our country has constantly worked by some groups with trying to eradicate religion from daily life, via the media and certain laws, which is obvious. And we can see the results today to that grand project. But we can also see there is an islamic revival among the youth, who are conscious about their religious identity unlike their parents. So the country's future is bright and full with people who are ready to fight in the name of their belief.

One of the things I love about living in the US?(and no, not the only place I lived, europe too). Their are a minimum of people, at least from the Government...up in your bussiness. (not sayin it aint here...just not as bad as many places)

Depending on where in the US you live, you might encounter similar things. I mean guns with 18 but alcohol with 21? Wtf.

How did this dude get into Japan?
Jokes aside, a personal question to those who does't believe in islam:
The Turkish culture is heavily (primarily) influenced from Islam, from family affairs to daily ethics, etc.
If you take away islam from the equation what are we left with? We will just become another European country with identical values and system. Then what is the meaning with statehood? If we are not fiighting for certain values to be kept alive then why are we fighting at all? We could just give our land to Europeans when we were occupied by them in WW1.
Since the creation of the republic our country has constantly worked by some groups with trying to eradicate religion from daily life, via the media and certain laws, which is obvious. And we can see the results today to that grand project. But we can also see there is an islamic revival among the youth, who are conscious about their religious identity unlike their parents. So the country's future is bright and full with people who are ready to fight in the name of their belief.

This is why I really don't like religious people... You can't imagine people having morals and sense of statehood without morals which is kinda wrong if you just look at Sweeden, France and Netherlands... They have more non-religious citizens than religious ones and they have both sense of statehood and morals they temselves decide without dictation of religion.

Religions and taboos are shackes that humanity is willing to put on themselves because of their fear of unknown, you take the fear from concept of religion and you will lose the majority of people from faith based systems.

its mostly based off zoorastraians... The concept of hell and haven and single god. Aslo it has elements of not greek myths but Semitic paganism. For example the Garden of Eden is located in south of basra, Iraq in the marsh fields. The sumerians believed that the tigris river that ran to the marshes was sign of salvation god sue to rich soil in the desert.

Between Jesus and Moses there was a time of 1400 years. Between Jesus and Abraham was a time of circa 2000 - 2500 years. Before Abraham there was many other Prophets sended by Allah with the message that nothing and nobody has the right to be worshipped except Allah and that He hasnt have parthners. This first message started on the first human (Adam).

According to wikipedia Zoroastrianism was dated around 6th century BC.

Between Jesus and Moses there was a time of 1400 years. Between Jesus and Abraham was a time of circa 2000 - 2500 years. Before Abraham there was many other Prophets sended by Allah with the message that nothing and nobody has the right to be worshipped except Allah and that He hasnt have parthners. This first message started on the first human (Adam).

According to wikipedia Zoroastrianism was dated around 6th century BC.

I think you mean after Abraham.

ON topic-

This festival happened or banned?--?-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom