What's new

Frontier corps under assault in Baluchistan. Where is the action?

And if we put in EO/IR capabilities, with a solar powered hybrid drone (Boeing Solar Eagle), we'd have capability to loiter in a place for months, discretely gathering intelligence.
Why not our own solar drone.Integrated Dymamics was making one named "Solaris".

I was saying drones because they can fly from one region to another and probably because a balloon or blimp has to be tethered (I think) and has a bigger surface area and a lower altitude, so they'd be easier to detect (especially in case of Balochistan).
@PanzerKiel seriously, recommend this to your higher ups or something, you'll defo get a promotion or something (or made fun of idk) 👍
Why not our own solar drone.Integrated Dymamics was making one named "Solaris".
Solaris is only 24 hours, needs to be scaled up for longer durations and heavier payloads.

Pray for our troops of 6th commondo Battalion( the commondo who was martyred yesterday was also of this bn) who are involved in heav fighting against ISIS, BLA and talibs all backed by RAW and NDA(Afghanistan). The 6th cmd bn is leading the assault and AFAIK the region is of Mach. May Allah and victory be with our jawans.

Last edited:
Pray for our troops of 6th commondo Battalion( the commondo of who was martyred yesterday was also of this bn) who are involved in heav fighting against ISIS, BLA and talibs all backed by RAW and NDA(Afghanistan). The 6th cmd bn is leading the assault and AFAIK the region is of Mach. May Allah and victory be ours.
Without adequate measures taken for surveillance and reconnaissance, I'm afraid we're fighting an uphill battle.
What I don't understand is, our enemies are doing everything in their power to destabilise us, using all of their assets and whatnot, yet we've decided to fight this war (and many before) with hands tied to our back.

Without adequate
I doubt that is the case as proven by our WOT in FATA. The heavy presence of enemy who are very well trained (especially in IEDs etc) and well equipped is always going to be difficult. Who knows Indian soldiers might also be fighting there.
Btw this operation also signifies the need of helicopters which can hover over the target area instead of making runs like CAS aircraft.

I doubt that is the case as proven by our WOT in FATA. The heavy presence of enemy who are very well trained (especially in IEDs etc) and well equipped is always going to be difficult. Who knows Indian soldiers might also be fighting there.
Btw this operation also signifies the need of helicopters which can hover over the target area instead of making runs like CAS aircraft.
I mean something like a Gorgon Stare.
At least we'll know where the run off to. Then use gunships or troops to hammer them.

Pray for our troops of 6th commondo Battalion( the commondo who was martyred yesterday was also of this bn) who are involved in heav fighting against ISIS, BLA and talibs all backed by RAW and NDA(Afghanistan). The 6th cmd bn is leading the assault and AFAIK the region is of Mach. May Allah and victory be with our jawans.
Is Mach the place where the ISIS camp @PanzerKiel was talking about?

I was saying drones because they can fly from one region to another and probably because a balloon or blimp has to be tethered (I think) and has a bigger surface area and a lower altitude, so they'd be easier to detect (especially in case of Balochistan).

True. And with a large enough drone it can also function as a semi-satellite, able to carry enough payload to carry data relay systems for large numbers of troops in the field.

Back
Top Bottom