What's new

Frontier corps under assault in Baluchistan. Where is the action?

Funny thing is, we don't even have to use these to strike, they can just travel along the route and look for potential ambushers and alert the QRFs
Absolutely. Wide area surveillance (powered with AI) has been around for more than a decade. It should be developed for our own drones. The product is called “Gorgon Stare”

paired with small runways and drones to follow up on leads from what is identified from the wide area surveillance drone feed, can go a long way in preventing attacks, and linking shooters with their bosses.

here is a practical example; including watching the bosses in the shadows paying for a murder. Btw, the resolution on gorgon state is reportedly much higher than this, and that was ten years ago. With the military’s need to not only do force protection but protect everyone that could be targeted in Baluchistan specifically and the need to protect CPEC projects, it makes sense to work with Chinese industry to work on a modern pod that can fit on the WingLong II drones and fly circles over key areas. Processing the data and sending it on to the forces to launch smaller drones to further investigate will not only help the forces do their job safely but give China valuable training experience, for use in war zones or standoffs with the likes of India, creating a better platform for the sensor —> decision-maker —> shooter process.

these should be paired with SIGINT drones like the one from a Turkey, and for MRAPs closing in on suspected should use IMSI catcher to find the suspects phone and build evidence for a legal case as needed.

Last edited:
They'll go underground after the first strikes.

Infantry will have to go in sooner or later to flush them out.

Another suggestion given by Sir @akramishaqkhan was to bring Gen Tariq Khan (TK) to lead the operation.

I am copying and pasting his response to me after I asked him what difference that would make below:

———————————-

Before TK FC in FATA were getting butchered. Light skinned cars were being taken out by IEDs and VBEDs. First thing he did was he expressed a policy that when an FC convoy moves it reserves the right of the road. If any, I really mean ANY vehicle transgresses that area it would be shot up. Well unfortunately one incident was enough to get that point across. Unfortunately it was a civi not interested in following the cordon and got shot up into swiss cheese. VBED attacks went down considerably. TK is an excellent general, a soldiers general, who is brave and leads from the front. He is well read, and extremely experienced in insurgencies. If I were a betting person, I would bet on him and bring him back, give him charge of all Balouchistan FC. Watch what he does.
BTW: He completely re-geared and re-trained the FC as well.

Another reason TK would be good is he is a Pashto speaking officer. Balouchistan's majority population (if not a large segment) is Pashtun. Getting that element working for you in terms of intel and support will go a long way to extinguish Balouchi insurgency. There is currently a nexus of PTM tpyes and Balocuhi's. They have been fused in Afghanistan and working together.

Are you going to even attempt to engage in a constructive conversation? You're repeating the same nonsense over and over again. "Everyone's a baighairat, apart from you, because you can shout the loudest to prove your patriotism and cry crocodile tears". Irony is that a REAL patriot will stop looking at people to curse and come up with solutions.

So when will you be joining the army Areesh? Have you signed up yet? Or are you worried that you may actually have to do something real for your country other than typing on a keyboard from the comfort of your own home?!
@Areesh @Reddawn Gents lets tone the temperature down a bit.
@Areesh Reddawn is not gloating over the death of these soldiers. I am certain he is as upset about this as anyone else. Some people have a different way of processing grief and anger. From what I am reading off his posts he is un-emotionally stating that the mechanics of counter insurgency ops at a command level think/operate in very different terms than people who are not in that position. In all honesty strategic command level thought process is often very different from tactical command and group formations and down to unit. Each processes things very differently (which is often the cause of friction - a natural outcrop of the layered command structure). You'll often hear the refrain coming from on the ground units "what do they know sitting in GHQ". Replace GHQ with any centralized command structure in any army and you'll find this dynamic consistently exhibited in all wars bar none. I think and I dont want to speak for Reddawn but he is just making an observation that in the calculus of war fighting there is a prism of views and we should not be quick to just one view as being superior to others. They all have their place.

Having said that Reddawn I think Areesh is only expressing his raw emotion that I am sure you can relate to as well. I think we can process Areesh's view with perhaps some introspection of unit level tactics. I guess given none of us are in the front, but it might be fair to ask for tactics at play at the unit or formation level. IF these units indeed are now more proactive, then perhaps the question to ask might be force protection, support functions, and intel.

Are there areas for improvement that might reduce casualties. Having said that Areesh, what you must know is that given the terrain it is very difficult to avoid casualties. However every casualty as a function of enemy contact, must operationally have a component to completely root out the enemy. The bad part of the terrain is also the good part. If population areas are mapped and delimited then it becomes easy to identify friend from foe. The same terrain that gives the enemy the ability to attack (remote, barren), enables a freer hand for the army. However this is where it is critical that every purposeful contact of tactical operating units have the ability to coordinate with nearby units. That upon enemy contact air support and drone units (alongwith nearby units) are brought into play to track the enemy as well as identify their hiding spots. This would hence allow complete eradication once a contact is established, and I hope these are the tactics they are operating with.

@Areesh we are all sad to see our soldiers die, but their death should not be in vain. PK Army should not be taking prisoners this time around. The mistake they made a decade or so ago was taking prisoners, who were quickly cycled through the court systems thanks to our unflappable "judiciary".

PS: From what I know of the Army (cannot speak to FC), even one injury let alone fatality, results in an inquiry. A complete report is made and it becomes a permanent part of the commanding chain's file. Callousness, and failure to take adequate care of one soldier under command is the quickest way to a short military career, and no officer of the PK Army wants to be in this position.

One last thing to add here is: Balouch insurgency (tactics) follows a very similar pattern as it did in the 70s. This is not an insurgency that will survive. It will be taken care of. The difference between the 70s and now is there was a political rapprochement. These days there is none. The 70s insurgency was in large measure instigated and run by the sardars. So when they were walloped they came to the table and things cooled down. The insurgency of today is run and primarily handled by foreign intel agencies. Which means it is bound to last longer. Some ideas to consider:

1) All generic COIN efforts
2) De-population and sweep ops
3) Interdicting money flows
4) Across border assassinations of handlers and enemy intel agents
5) Massive population migrations to and from the province (for permanent change)
6) More bases and cantts in the province (get army out of plush city postings and build a new crop of Cantts in the middle of nowhere - this will help stabilize areas while reducing the mil-civ interaction which is horrible for mil discipline
7) Complete population mapping and non-population zones

Last edited:
Another suggestion given by Sir @akramishaqkhan was to bring Gen Tariq Khan (TK) to lead the operation.

I am copying and pasting his response to me after I asked him what difference that would make below:

———————————-

Before TK FC in FATA were getting butchered. Light skinned cars were being taken out by IEDs and VBEDs. First thing he did was he expressed a policy that when an FC convoy moves it reserves the right of the road. If any, I really mean ANY vehicle transgresses that area it would be shot up. Well unfortunately one incident was enough to get that point across. Unfortunately it was a civi not interested in following the cordon and got shot up into swiss cheese. VBED attacks went down considerably. TK is an excellent general, a soldiers general, who is brave and leads from the front. He is well read, and extremely experienced in insurgencies. If I were a betting person, I would bet on him and bring him back, give him charge of all Balouchistan FC. Watch what he does.
BTW: He completely re-geared and re-trained the FC as well.

Another reason TK would be good is he is a Pashto speaking officer. Balouchistan's majority population (if not a large segment) is Pashtun. Getting that element working for you in terms of intel and support will go a long way to extinguish Balouchi insurgency. There is currently a nexus of PTM tpyes and Balocuhi's. They have been fused in Afghanistan and working together.
We do need someone like TK in Balochistan right now who is not scared to go to any extent to protect the troops.

Moved up soon to be a sticky.
Time to let the forces destroy and annihilate.

I do not understand two things.

1- Why Pakistan does not go hard against BLA and their hideouts in Afghanistan!! Pakistan should start attacking their training facilities and other important strong holds within Afghanistan.
If they think Indian consulates on the borders are involved, bomb them. Eradicate the cross border support for these terrorists. Pakistan has the rights according to the UN Charter. Show Indians what real surgical strikes are.
Why Pakistan is so coy!!!

2- Why Pakistan does not disclose Indian links to the world and on each such incidents, put the allegations on India , loud and clear through its media!!

It has been reliable confirmed that our forces have hit a major Daesh base.... Its a whole base of operations .... It is currently surrounded.... Expect major fights and casualties on both sides.... Atleast it is confirmed that they can't run away, so they'll have to be flushed out....

It has been reliable confirmed that our forces have hit a major Daesh base.... Its a whole base of operations .... It is currently surrounded.... Expect major fights and casualties on both sides.... Atleast it is confirmed that they can't run away, so they'll have to be flushed out....
Yes you are right.I remember a few years ago a ISIS base near Mastung was destroyed this must be the same thing.

Where was the base hit/found?

How many terrorists can we expect to be present in the base?

Why not bring airforce in ?

Pakistan has regularly denied any Daesh or ISIS presence on her soil.

Back
Top Bottom